• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Footstool Loops, Spin Dash Shield Cancel Buffered Shield Drop and More *Vids Inside*

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Hello Sonic boards! Have been a long time member and usually go in and out of here. Usually try to spread information best I can but sometimes it can get buried so easily. This stuff I have been talking about for awhile, however people tend to take it more from it when u can simply showcase it in the video. Some of the top Sonics enjoyed it, so while it was originally intended just for me to use as a reference while discussing tech with people Im gonna post it here for all my fellow members who just gotta go fast.

sh falling uair strings and footstool setups. theres some more damaging setups that arent shown but Im sure you all know where additional damage can be added

Next Video is dealing with buffering Shield drop out of our SDSC, and of course our platform cancel with spring

I'll be posting more info in regards to this stuff at a later time. Hope it is useful to some of you and gets the ideas rolling!

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm also actually working on a platform canceling video :x

I learned it applies beyond just Sonic, though.

:093:

StriderAaron360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlueStrider
Wow this is pretty cool stuff. I've been trying to make my Sonic look more flashy (maybe we'll get more love instead of hate with flair like this haha).

carrotstien

Smash Rookie
I liked the spring lock string - I've been trying to do this but I have never had the spring lock the characters - it always wakes them up. Is it an issue of timing, or does it only work at a certain % range?

KeetZ

Smash Cadet
NNID
KeetZ_AgaiN
3DS FC
1864-9859-2090
Pretty sweet video bruh.
I'm glad to see another Sonic utilize the footstool.

Spitfire16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spitfire94
That's a pretty snazzy performance there. I'm gonna practice some of these when I get home. Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off during actual combat, I'm often amazed how careless I can get when in the heat of the moment. It's like all the stuff I learn go out the window.

Top Bottom