• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic DOES NOT suck!!!

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
small see jay (aka, lil cj), one of the stickied threads at the top has the word TECH and GLITCH in the title. Click on that and read the first post.

NNID
MasterHavik
/off topic

i finally bothered to upload one of my sonic vids against an actual decent player lol. doesnt deserve a new topic, so here it is anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq6wc_1NvPs

i still dont think sonic sucks against marth :>
You're not the only one that think that way to. Marth only has the ground over Sonic and the other stuff Sonic lack. He really isn't that hard to beat. And beside, I'm a Marth Hater. Why do I hate him? To many freaking people use him in my area. And he gay also.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Sonic does kinds suck vs Marth, the only thing he really has against him is pressure off the edge. Passive-agressive Marth players own Sonic. They can literaly camp in your face.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Sonic sucks, get sombody to 150 % and try to knock them out

You will be mad.

What's funnier is when you know you have the game, and grab pummel/release, dash attack, spindash, and taunt someone to 200+

then U-throw or ASC for the kill.

They will be mad.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
they wil be pissed...

when my gimping game is off, i get pissed but it makes me feel better when i just start spamming up throw, knowing its going to kill them.

and rofl at heroicsonic maining metaknight

and dj, that marth looked kinda wack, it didnt seem like he was f-airing enuff. but w/e good match.
keep that up, and you might be as good as me one day, lol

lil cj

Smash Lord
small see jay (aka, lil cj), one of the stickied threads at the top has the word TECH and GLITCH in the title. Click on that and read the first post.
Thanks, that thread really helped me out:)
But i wish it would have explained more about the spring.
Tenki was doing some cool things with the spring Ive never seen before.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Well, Tenki is a spring whore so maybe he can do some fancy shit I can't. But unless he posts any of that in the thread I won't be posting it up.

Sonic7597

Smash Rookie
I used to play falco and then marth in melee and i loved ittt, so thought id play someone similar, but i recently started using sonic and hes my favouritee :) hit and run with his speed suits me so well, plus hes a cocky little dude :D. and his final smash makes me happy :D

mainly cos hes a blatent super saiyan xD

yeah some matchups are terrible for him but hes a pretty good character, and his item grabbing skills are pretty much unmatched so if items are on its a consistent advantagee.

btw im a NOOB :D

OwL

Smash Cadet
Sonic is just complicated to use.

The first time I played as Sonic I'm like...

"HEY WTF, NO MATTER WHAT ATTACK I DO HE ****ING SPINS"

But then I entered this forum and noticed how all those spin moves are different, and have different properties. (nb4 Tenki's tl;dr thread)

I think Sonic has a lot of potential, it's just a matter of understanding, and mastering.

Hitage

Smash Cadet
sonic doesn't suck, he has the most personality in the game next to capt falcon. Hes not bad game wise either, just 80% of the other characters have better movesets.

Browny

Smash Hater
i wouldnt say that. maybe 80% of the cast have an instant-win move (MK dsmash, snake utilt, dedede/falco dthrow, G&W bair) etc while sonic doesnt have anything like that.

Vctrx

Smash Cadet
gee guys what should we make sonic do? man, I dunno, how bout' we make him spin? GREAT IDEA!

almost all of his moves are spins, lame. I am a big sonic fan and still have my sega but I think it's about time he died...

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
we also have side taunt.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
gee guys what should we make sonic do? man, I dunno, how bout' we make him spin? GREAT IDEA!

almost all of his moves are spins, lame. I am a big sonic fan and still have my sega but I think it's about time he died...
Died? That's a bit harsh coming from someone who says he's a Sonic fan @.@

What do you think about the new Sonic game that's coming out from Sega?

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Sonic has nothing going for him on paper but speed. However, his speed can be used for ressuring and his moves have plenty of obscure properties that can be used for mindgames. If you can handle his speed and use the mindgames just right, he can win tourneys, but he takes far, far more effort for less reward than other characters. He doesn't suck, really, but can't really compete in tourney due to the prevalence of MK and Snake who he can't hope to beat. No priority on his kill moves also hurts his KO ability. I'd say he's as balanced as Mario in terms of tiers, despite, you know, no one characteristic about him being balanced.

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol it looks like a joke....looks like you can barley move sonic at all :/ im not excited about it at all

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
At least it's not on freakin rails like the Secret Rings. That game was the most disappointing thing everr.
The speed parts look nice. The wolf parts look horrible.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I need some help:(
I just lost badly to gay Luigi
Im not doin so good with Sonic right now, I guess i need to practice more.
Its no way Sonic is supposed to lose to Luigi!!!
How long does it take to fully master him??
Ive only been maining him a few weeks.
Ive seen wat Sonic can do, and I would like to play like that:)
Any advice??
and btw...that new Sonic game looks cool
Werewolf Sonic:)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
First of all, Luigi owns..and he owns Sonic.

Second, I think the new sonic game looks sick. Sonic hasn't ran fast in...forever. In secret rings he starts up slow, then when he gets hit he just totally stops and goes slow again. Now he just moves like he's supposed. Works for me.

WereSonic I'm skeptical of...

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Sonic Unleashed is trying to pull a Sega Genesis with this game... taking it old school with 2D gameplay. It looks like it wants to play like Sonic Advance 2. Anyone played that game? Possibly the fastest Sonic game to date, it can be finished in... *doing the math* under 30 minutes without tools if you don't lose or get Emeralds.

Tenki

Smash Hero
WereSonic mode seems to be Knuckles+Mario put together.

;__;

well, I'm glad it appeals to some people :p

Werehog + balancing on stuff looks so slow and annoying :[
-----------

PS, someone asked about the 50 rings > super sonic thing, and the guy said something along the lines of 'maybe' but mentioned some storyline thing that seems to clash with it.

=[

they need to include debug mode too.
-----------

On topic:
Grabby Sonic is grabby.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic Advance 2 is a great game. And I think Tenki is right about the Knuckles+Mario thing...the fighting though looks kinda whack.

EDIT: Tenki is ALWAYS right

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Lol, I like how I started a discussion on S-Unleashed.
It looks alright.
Werehog ftw. (actually I was like WTF when I first saw that lol)

They got an rpg aspect to the game too which is really weird.

lil cj (aka, small see jay),
Luigi is actually one of the better characters for defeating Sonic. His air game is far superior to yours. Likely, the problem that you've been having is that you are getting shut-down in the air and not understanding why.

Also, long range spin dashes don't work at all since Luigi has plenty of time to pop out a fireball and stop it in its tracks.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i try to main him, he sucks, but im doin wat i can 2 make him less sucky
i dont try 2 b the best smash player with sonic, just the best sonic player =)
lol speak english

I don't get this right here, explan this plz
he doesnt want to be the best smasher in the world, just the best sonic player around. too bad that position is reserved for me

i wouldnt say that. maybe 80% of the cast have an instant-win move (MK dsmash, snake utilt, dedede/falco dthrow, G&W bair) etc while sonic doesnt have anything like that.
too true, unfortunately

lol i will **** you with spins. and as long as sonic continues to be an awesome charactrer with a great personality and ability, he will never die.

we have bair and fsmash
try to base a playstyle around those two moves, you cant win like that. But if you try to base a playstyle around MK's down smash and shuttle loop, or Snake's tilts, or pits arrows and forward smash. or wolf's blaster and smashes, or ROB's laser and down smash, or pika's thunder and down smash. than youll see that sonic doesnt have a spammable kill move. which is what all the best characters have. hes good, and if there werent such broken moves in the game, he would be really good, but as it stands now, he has to try much harder to do things other characters do effortlessly.
we also have side taunt.
wow... epic rofl to truthiness combo

Died? That's a bit harsh coming from someone who says he's a Sonic fan @.@

What do you think about the new Sonic game that's coming out from Sega?
i think these 2 games coming out will take sonic back to the amazing quality of game that he had befor the ps2 came out

lil cj

Smash Lord
Lol, I like how I started a discussion on S-Unleashed.
It looks alright.
Werehog ftw. (actually I was like WTF when I first saw that lol)

They got an rpg aspect to the game too which is really weird.

lil cj (aka, small see jay),
Luigi is actually one of the better characters for defeating Sonic. His air game is far superior to yours. Likely, the problem that you've been having is that you are getting shut-down in the air and not understanding why.

Also, long range spin dashes don't work at all since Luigi has plenty of time to pop out a fireball and stop it in its tracks.
Lol...I was shocked too when I saw Weresonic...lol.
I had no idea Luigi was a problem for Sonic, I thought Luigi sucked....i cant stand Luigi, that no good Mario clone!!!...I like clones and everything(I main Lucas)...but Luigi is jus an embarassment!!!
Lucas,Falco, Wolf, and Ganon are ok.
My opponent jus kept doing aerials and that stupid tornado attack.
It was shutting me down.
And I was like wat is goin on!?
It seems like I always fight one of Sonic's bad match ups.
First R.O.B. and now Luigi
Is there anyone else I should look out for....lol??

Top Bottom