• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something2Do Tournaments! - May 11th, 2013 - Louisville Kentucky

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I unno kassy, Tech is offering pretty gay housing that I will enjoy. Can you beat such? AND boozing? I don't know. Impress HIM
T_T I can give you housing. Just you gotta sleep in the living room and be nice to the chinchilla! :X this is KY, we have moon shine.

Robman tells the truth!!

:phone:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Too many posts to look through for quick answers, so I'll just ask 'em.

1. What's expected for the Melee turnout, roughly? This is quite a drive, so if it'll be my group and one other guy in the Melee tournament, it probably won't be worth it...

2. Side event or no, could I bring/put up a Project M setup for friendlies? Been trying to cart it around to tournaments to get people to at least try it, 'cause I think it's worth it.

3. What's housing looking like. This is a 3.5 hour trip, so we COULD make the drive home, it'd just be inconvenient. Anybody want to sleep with five cool dudes in their house? ;)

Will probably go to this and bring four others if I get somewhat positive answers to the above.

Kel

Smash Master
Melee hasn't really been that large, but your friends are almost guaranteed to win money. We have Melee interest but it's never been anything too large I don't think. Jiano won the Melee tournament the time before last and there wasn't a melee event the second to last tournament. Also, there has not been Melee doubles and this is a $5 local tournament.

However, if there is enough interest in the area, I don't see why you couldn't advertise this to more people. You may get a bunch of people from TN, KY, OH, and IN/ IL to join in.

Last time we were pretty strapped for time due to the venue only having three tvs (we are allowed to bring in our own TVs though). We ended Melee after the store officially closed at 9, but I am not the TO so I will defer any judgement on side events to Betadyne and Joey.

There are lots of cool people in KY, I'm sure someone would be down to house you guys.

Luigigoshard91

Smash Apprentice
If i bring 2 setups this time could we run the melee tournament during the brawl tournament? Instead of waiting until brawl singles and doubles have ended

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I mean, we could MAYBE run it while Brawl Singles is ending (at the point where brawl singles isn't taking up every TV). I don't see us running two singles events at the same time under any circumstances unfortunately.

Although if we get more entrants for brawl doubles than melee, we're running that first. would prefer to run the event with the most entrants first so that we can end the tournament as soon as possible.

Luigigoshard91

Smash Apprentice
Understandable, its just that last time we didnt get melee started until around like 6.30 or so. So i was just wondering if anyone needed an extra setup to get melee off and going a little sooner i would bring one

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Actually, I think a problem was that we waited too long to start doubles (my fault). That won't be a problem with me sitting singles out.

We'll probably be able to start Melee and Brawl doubles earlier this time. I don't know what the exact time will be, but they will be ran decently this time.

Speaking of which...

We need Melee discs and memory cards in order to run the Melee event. Forgot to ask about this last time, and it really bit me in the *** when we tried to run melee with only two set ups :v. They're really needed in order to run the tournament efficiently.

Luigigoshard91

Smash Apprentice
Ok, count me in to bring a melee disc and a memory card. Its primarily what i will be attending for

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Can there be marvel at this too? Eh? Eh? Joey? <3

Pretty please with sugar on top?

:v.

We barely have time to run Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, and Melee.

I'll have to say no (although there is 1 tv that can be used for friendlies if someone brings the PS3 version :p.)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I want to go. No transportation confirmed. Details as they arrive.

Is this the only tourney going on in MW this date (the 16th)?

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Anyone in the lville area tryin to get a practice run in on melee prior to the tournament?

My friends and I are gonna be playing melee as much as possible before this tournament, it would be great to have 1 or 2 melee set ups while the brawl tournament is happening. I can bring a disc and memory card.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
My friends and I are gonna be playing melee as much as possible before this tournament, it would be great to have 1 or 2 melee set ups while the brawl tournament is happening. I can bring a disc and memory card.
I mean, we could MAYBE run it while Brawl Singles is ending (at the point where brawl singles isn't taking up every TV). I don't see us running two singles events at the same time under any circumstances unfortunately.

Although if we get more entrants for brawl doubles than melee, we're running that first. would prefer to run the event with the most entrants first so that we can end the tournament as soon as possible.
Already stated what we're probably going to do for melee.

Brawl usually doubles Melee's participants, so running them at the same time would just make Brawl take waay longer than it needs to take ._.

Edit: In case I misinterpreted the question, all set ups will be used for brawl since the set-up count is generally low.

Luigigoshard91

Smash Apprentice
You in the louisville area?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I won't be 100% sure until the day of. It depends on how many people are actually there.

I'd suggest finding another partner though so you don't have to make a last minute decision (although a week before kind of still is a last minute decision lol)

Top Bottom