• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something worth looking at?

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it's come to mind before, But I've noticed that no one ever U-smashes during infini grabbing. To make myself more clear, You know that it takes 2 uncharged smash from Nana to break popo's grab. So, While chain grabbing you can c-stick upwards 3 times (One Nana smash, Popo grab attacks 3 times) Then proceed to Back throw into Nana's grab, Down throw into Popo's grab and continue this. I find this a much more effective way of racking up damage.

The thing I must say beforehand is that you shouldn't try this at anything bellow 30% as a button masher can easily break out before that. So just use your regular method of chain grabbing (Either it be Foward grab chaining to a back grab and continue or just a simple Back throw to a down throw to a backthrow.)

Comments appreciated, Don't flame if this has been posted before, I just haven't seen it.

(FLAME SHIELDS UP JUST IN CASE ANYWAYS <3)

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
I like to keep u-smash fresh for KOs. I mainly use d-smash to rack up damage :)
Explain, I dont see how your keeping your moves "Fresh" Unless parsay, I am mistaken (Probably am as I haven't checked the comphrehensive moveset guide yet) Downsmash racks up damage faster.

Testing on my own, I notice that by Fsmash racks up damage faster by about 1%. Downsmash is lowest, sooo yeah.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
Dsmash does more damage than either Usmash or Fsmash but it also has the least knock back. So when doing CG's it's best to use Dsmash to rack up damage instead of Fsmash or Usmash so you can keep them fresh for a KO.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
If you sweetspot the d-smash, it usually breaks the grab (because it's two hits).
I dont think you can sweet spot with just Nana. I would also like to comment that your using your front smash to rack up damage because Fsmashing killing is horribly harder then upsmash killing. IC's Fsmash has horrific knockback compared to U-smash. For example, when chain grabbing wario to death, You only need to fully charge up smash him and if he reachs 106% as you connect your hit, He's dead. However, a Foward smash takes much more.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Soz, but Im voting for Dsmash. Dsmash only kills when sweetspotted, and is truly jus a dmg racker.

In all honesty, do u really wanna throw away a pretty solid KO option jus cuz it deals 1% more dmg?

Fsmash may kill l8er than Usmash, but near the edge.. its pretty devestating.

Besides u dont want jus 1 grounded kill option do u? That leaves ur KO power limited, when u stale Fsmash.

yeh I think u can sweetspot the Dsmash wit Nana, I sweetspot it with solo Popo all the time.

Btw, I dunno, U seemed confused about the "Fresh" thing. Jus 2 make sure..
Every move grows "Stale" the more u use it. Meaning, less dmg, and less knockback.
Therefore keeping ur KO moves "Fresh" will u net u kills eairler than if u spammed it..

Meh input :p

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
Soz, but Im voting for Dsmash. Dsmash only kills when sweetspotted, and is truly jus a dmg racker.

In all honesty, do u really wanna throw away a pretty solid KO option jus cuz it deals 1% more dmg?

Fsmash may kill l8er than Usmash, but near the edge.. its pretty devestating.

Besides u dont want jus 1 grounded kill option do u? That leaves ur KO power limited, when u stale Fsmash.

yeh I think u can sweetspot the Dsmash wit Nana, I sweetspot it with solo Popo all the time.

Btw, I dunno, U seemed confused about the "Fresh" thing. Jus 2 make sure..
Every move grows "Stale" the more u use it. Meaning, less dmg, and less knockback.
Therefore keeping ur KO moves "Fresh" will u net u kills eairler than if u spammed it..

Meh input :p
Thanks for the reply, Would like it better if you used spell check or something to prevent ocular bleeding. Dsmash deals 2% Less then F smash, Your not trying to kill anything while racking up damage, hence the point. As you said, keeping my KO moves fresh will net me kills earlier then if I spammed it. Your full out wrong here, If I can get to 100% by the time you get to 50 (Say for instance we did 5 sets of chain grabbing, and say for speculation that any of the smashes did 10% damage), I would be able to kill with a full charged smash, You wouldn't. The only time I would ever agree with what you said, is if your facing an extremely heavy character or hard to knock out character like Snake. If you CAN sweet spot Dsmash, that gives you even more reason not to use it as you would break your infinite grab, ruining the entire purpose. And lastly, I already stated you won't be KOing with Fsmash as your using your UP smash to finish, hence leaving it "Fresh" Its also clearly noticeable as you said, F smash kills much later, I dont care if its devastating if it doesn't do the job.

DSMASH IS ONLY A DAMAGE RACKER, I REPEAT IF YOU SWEET SPOT IT WHICH RUINS THE PURPOSE OF RACKING UP DAMAGE DURING GRABBING AS THE SWEET SPOT BREAKS THE GRAB.

Cap locked for emphasis.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the reply, Would like it better if you used spell check or something to prevent ocular bleeding.

Your post has just as many grammar mistakes as he had spelling, which is somewhat hypocritical in my opinion. That being said, don't whine.

All of this "usmash > fsmash" etc. is not always true, as it depends on your situation and the character you're facing. For example, fsmash on Link is more effective than usmash; not because he is heavier than, say for example Meta Knight, but because his recovery is extremely predictable and thus, easily punished. You have to get used to keeping both usmash and fsmash fresh. If you get used to spamming usmash when you land a grab, then your muscle memory will deteriorate it on characters like Meta Knight when it is most needed, because if MK isn't killed ASAP, Nana is.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Lolx. I mis spell on purpose.. xD

Anyway, I completly agree with slacker.
1) He broung up a good point. Fsmash > Usmash depending on the stage/character etc.
2) I have never sweetspotted a dsmash while in a CG. Its obviously because the combinations of CG's I do dont allow Nana/Popo 2 be DIRECTLY under the other climber. Even if it did, it only takes a sec 2 move off the other climber, the sweetspot iz actually kinda small.
3) And it truly doesnt matter what kills faster.. Yur not gonna ALLWAYS Ko yur oppenent at the lowest possible percent. Ex. Look at Luigi's. His UpB KOs the earliest, like.. wut.. idk.. 70ish % or something. But does that mean hes gonna Stale EVERY OTHER move? No. Why? because jus because their not as good, doesnt mean their useless. He needs options, hes not gonna ALLWAYS KO at 70ish%. Jiggz iz another example.. Rest iz bes KO move.. stale Fsmash? Same thing.

The point being, u need options.. U arent gonna b able 2 grab all the time, and jus choose 2 usmash.
More options = Less predictable.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
Lolx. I mis spell on purpose.. xD

Anyway, I completly agree with slacker.
1) He broung up a good point. Fsmash > Usmash depending on the stage/character etc.
2) I have never sweetspotted a dsmash while in a CG. Its obviously because the combinations of CG's I do dont allow Nana/Popo 2 be DIRECTLY under the other climber. Even if it did, it only takes a sec 2 move off the other climber, the sweetspot iz actually kinda small.
3) And it truly doesnt matter what kills faster.. Yur not gonna ALLWAYS Ko yur oppenent at the lowest possible percent. Ex. Look at Luigi's. His UpB KOs the earliest, like.. wut.. idk.. 70ish % or something. But does that mean hes gonna Stale EVERY OTHER move? No. Why? because jus because their not as good, doesnt mean their useless. He needs options, hes not gonna ALLWAYS KO at 70ish%. Jiggz iz another example.. Rest iz bes KO move.. stale Fsmash? Same thing.

The point being, u need options.. U arent gonna b able 2 grab all the time, and jus choose 2 usmash.
More options = Less predictable.
How can you misspell on purpose? It's like saying, I CHOOSE TO TOK LIK TIS OM NOM NOM NOM. Ice Climbers don't gimp people off stage, unless its one of the rare characters that have an recovery that doesn't do any damage, Fsmash does not >Usmash when you're finishing someone. "Even if it did" If it does, congrats, you just screwed over an infinite grab.
And 3)You don't HAVE to kill them at the lowest percentage, if you used your brain, you would go for a more safe percentage, you can try learning to stop being spoon fed yeah? Also, referencing to your Jigglypuff example, if you can always land your rest, You'll always be killing people, I dont understand why it matters if your fsmash sucks when you're killing them off anyways. Hense forth, please do not try to argue without any points.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Alright enuf, yur jus being anoying now.

I mis spell on purpose.. omg. U act like im gonna speak like some kinda 44 year old English Major or some ****. Its called slang.. wow.. wtf.. r u .. some kinda robot..

As for the Gimping thing.. ICs can spike alot of the eaiser edgeguarded recoveries. Like.. CF and Link. So Fsmash > Edgeguard will kill faster than Usmash.

Quote - 3) You dont have 2 kill them at the lowest %.

Exactly wut Im saying.. But yur over here saying jus because Fsmash KOs a tad later than Usmash, u should sit here and spam/stale it N Cgs.. Which iz simply not smart.

Bax 2 jiggz.. Wut Im sayin iz.. u WONT allways b landing rest, which iz why u need the Fsmash fresh.

Honestly, yur jus not makin much sense 2 me any more. Im done posting here.

KthxBai.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace
Alright enuf, yur jus being anoying now.

I mis spell on purpose.. omg. U act like im gonna speak like some kinda 44 year old English Major or some ****. Its called slang.. wow.. wtf.. r u .. some kinda robot..

As for the Gimping thing.. ICs can spike alot of the eaiser edgeguarded recoveries. Like.. CF and Link. So Fsmash > Edgeguard will kill faster than Usmash.

Quote - 3) You dont have 2 kill them at the lowest %.

Exactly wut Im saying.. But yur over here saying jus because Fsmash KOs a tad later than Usmash, u should sit here and spam/stale it N Cgs.. Which iz simply not smart.

Bax 2 jiggz.. Wut Im sayin iz.. u WONT allways b landing rest, which iz why u need the Fsmash fresh.

Honestly, yur jus not makin much sense 2 me any more. Im done posting here.

KthxBai.
Ohh yes, Your post reeks of maturity. Or shall I say, Yur just a darn youngen. I doubt you can gimp Links Up B as it hits stuff on the way up yeah? Its not like IC have a large disjointed hitbox. And why ISN'T it smart if Fsmash KO's later, You want to kill someone faster, I dont see your point. Seemingly, most of what your saying is opionion based. /QQ. Also, Stale'ing Jigglys Fsmash would take you awhile considering your not do'ing some infinite combo.

NoobCake

Smash Apprentice
Er, not too sure on the whole IC smashes debate, but LaserBust, it's not so much being a 44-year old or a robot, it's posting so that people will have an easier time understanding your post, also known as posting with...well, normal English. But that's neither here nor there.

Continue the flame war.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Sigh. Forget it, u obviously dont see wut Im tryin 2 say.

Noobcake..
I spell "Dont know" - Dunno.
Going to - Gonna.

Its not rocket science.. sigh.

Ekoix.exe

Smash Ace

Noobcake..
Going to - Gonna.

Gtfo? Thought you weren't coming back. Apparently you know how to spell and type properly, You just choose to **** our eyes on purpose instead then. Thanks. /endflame

If anyone can come up with a valid point on why you wouldn't use F-smash as a damage racker while CGing please, say something.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Gtfo? Thought you weren't coming back. Apparently you know how to spell and type properly, You just choose to **** our eyes on purpose instead then. Thanks. /endflame

If anyone can come up with a valid point on why you wouldn't use F-smash as a damage racker while CGing please, say something.
If you allow your eyes to be penetrated so easily, you're obviously a huge scrub.

No johns.

NoobCake

Smash Apprentice

Noobcake..
Going to - Gonna.

We understand what you mean, we just request that you post in a normal fashion, but obviously that won't happen.

If no one continues to talk about the chaingrab, then close this thread please.

Top Bottom