• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something I want to be tested. Possible combo. (Not a chain grab)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Hey, guys. I came across something only possible because of the dimishing effects with Falco's spike. Out of a lot of the moves, his spike is one of the ones that I know has the most hit stun. I was able to spike over and over again and they weren't able to bounce out. I tried to recreate it with a computer...but let's face it...it's a computer. It might have been because they other person sucked, but I would really appreciate it if someone (or multiple people) can test it. The pop-up depends on percent, not knockback, so the spike could have been used before the set percent and still knock them up. I believe this mainly works for medium to light weight non-floaty characters.

It only works if you hit with the spike part. If you hit with the outwards sending part of the down air, you'll see the second hit in the video and it looks easy to escape. The video starts with a fresh spike (hasn't been used.) If there is enough stun so where they can't do anything, the only possible answer I can come up with would be to tech...and we all know how Falco's tech chase game is :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLo7UqWeid4

Sorry in advance for the horrible quality

I'll work on it, too, but the only thing I've had to practice with for a while has been computers. The sliding up smash was just for fun. :)

BEES

Smash Lord
This was in Melee, can't remember using it much though. I'd definitely like to explore more possibilities with d-air.

d-air to d-tilt was my first guess, but I've never gotten around to it for some reason.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's not a down air pop up to down air spike to the ground. I know it pops up, too. It's a down air spike pop-up over and over again. I'm saying maybe there's hit stun to it as well as not too much knock back to be a combo if done properly. It was not a combo in Melee.

Vro

Smash Lord
Actually it was. Many players such as Zhu and Forward punished players with multiple dairs, even tech chasing with dairs. It was a low lag move with lots of versatility; it seems it can be that way in Brawl as well, if it wasn't so **** inconvenient to sweetspot with it.

danimalsyogurt

Smash Rookie
actually i was just testing this out myself and it works if you can get the right timing to keep hitting the sweetspot. I used this on computers and humans but there should still be more testing done on it if there hasn't been already, because I'm not exactly the best player and I don't usually fight that much better than me lol. Oh and I found that it worked better on bigger characters because it was easier to hit them right, but maybe that was just me.

Arkengate

Smash Journeyman
i CAN tell u... it works really well doing like...
Dair > Dtilt > Dair > D tilt > fair chase to grab...

Dacke00

Smash Rookie
Been testing it out in training mode and the computer always air dodges before I get the second Dair off. Starting at 40%.

I can still hit them again with a Dair, but if it was a human opponent they would be able to run away right?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
If they're getting out too quickly, try to hit their shield or something to reduce knockback.
btw I had no idea people used this in melee. I thought they pillared with the shine, spike pop uped to spike back down, or something with tilts. I really appreciate the help though :)

Top Bottom