• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something I learned about Brawl...

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
This is probably obvious to a lot of people, but I used to play Brawl, and I saw a lot of people on youtube who were just really good and had quick fingers, etc.

I always wondered how they did that, as I never really figured it out. I read more about Melee and how it's more competitive, so I started playing Melee instead, then I played Project M (Melee 2.0)

I got better at that game and learned AT's like L cancel combos and wavedashing, and then, since my friends only have Brawl, I went back to Brawl to play a little bit. I'm much better at Brawl now. Don't get me wrong I was never really BAD at Brawl at all, it's just that I feel like I'm a lot better now.

So if you want to get better at Brawl, try Project M or Melee. (I did not play these specifically to get good at Brawl, but I just found this out when I went BACK to Brawl) hope I helped.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Lol I was wondering where you disappeared to! Haven't seen you on the pm boards in a while...
xD yeah I haven't played smash for a while but I'm back on now. You can probably find me on the P:M boards now, lol. :)

BlackSoL

Smash Rookie
When I started Melee again, i got used to the mechanics of it, and then my friend wanted to play Brawl. I found it very hard to adapt to the mechanics after such a long time of melee XD

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, an example is short hopping and dash dancing, I used to be bad at both, and then I played Melee and Project M. I can do them both easily now in Brawl.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
I got better at that game and learned AT's like L cancel combos and wavedashing, and then, since my friends only have Brawl, I went back to Brawl to play a little bit. I'm much better at Brawl now. Don't get me wrong I was never really BAD at Brawl at all, it's just that I feel like I'm a lot better now.

I can't agree with you more. I was never bad at Brawl either but I think Project M has helped improve my Brawl game significantly. My friends only play Brawl too, (although I'm trying to get them to give Project M a chance) but they are even seeing an improvement.

Top Bottom