• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone help me with these annoying players!

DarkLight

Smash Rookie
These guys make me lose a lot I need tips on how to beat their ass.

Little Mac Players - Seriously i can't win against these guys.

Spammers - Like Samus spamming here special.... Tips on how to teach them a lesson?

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Learn the matchup with Little Mac. Not hard to win. I've been beat by some great players with various characters and I win most Mac dittos, so theres obviously easy ways to take me out.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
For Mac, I recommend taking advantage of shield grabs and arial approches. Try to gimp him when he is off the stage or barrage him with arials when he is in the air.

For projectile spammers, try closing in on them or reflecting their ranged attacks back at them if your character can do so.

You'll find that the more you play and the more experienced you get, the easier spammers are to deal with!

Soshii

Villageoise
NNID
kvlasco
3DS FC
1134-7845-8828
Keep Mac in the air, punish with throws off the stage and ledgeguard. Even one hit off the stage will make it THAT much harder for Little Mac to get back. For Samus, you just need to approach smart or use another character. Dealing with projectiles really is different for everyone.

Mythrid

Smash Rookie
Against Little Mac just stay at one ledge and keep shield grabbing and throwing him off. A good little mac will catch on and can counter this but most won't and will continue to rush in.

UnsuspectingVillager

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blockyraccoon
3DS FC
0430-8629-1274
If the Mac uses Counter 24/7 to be annoying (I've dealt with it and it ticks me off), then run up like you're going to Dash Attack him, stop, and when he uses counter, punish him with a grab; as for projectile spammers: Try to jump over the projectiles right into a Bair or Fair or any type of _air lol. Once I was using Dr. Mario and my opponent was spamming projectiles, I just jumped over the few projectiles Bair'ed and it KO'ed him.

Last edited:

The Seventh One

Smash Cadet
These guys make me lose a lot I need tips on how to beat their ***.

Spammers - Like Samus spamming here special.... Tips on how to teach them a lesson?

From all the reports Samus's projectiles are a joke. Her bombs(downb) will not explode on contact so do not fear them because they cannot hurt you. Her missiles are slow and don't do much damage and cannot kill you, all you need do is move towards her tap shield and proceed. Her charge shot is the only thing you need to be wary of as it does 25% damage and can kill.

Her spam potential is almost non existent and she will want you to be close to her anyway so she can punch/kick/grab you.

If you wanna see real spam fight the Duck Hunt Dog.

Anthuhny

Smash Cadet
If you juggle little mac the only thing he could do to get out would be to counter or air dodge, just predict what he is going to do and the world is yours

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
If the little mac is just being careless, use shield. You can act out of shield so fast that he has no room for offensive error so lol.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Projectile spamming counter varies based on characters (Your's and your opponent's), but some generally decent tactics; Dash -> Shield -> Drop it -> Dash and repeat until you're close. SH Aerials to clash with them work if your character has a sword. You can also just plain SH over some projectiles, nothing else needed. If all else fails, learn to power shield.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
These guys make me lose a lot I need tips on how to beat their ***.

Let's see uuh...shield, shield, shield, and I think shield. Then punish.

But in all seriousness, this is the only advice I can give you:

If the little mac is aggressive (they usually are), like running up and dash attacking you, shield and punish it. He might end up behind you after the dash attack, SO BE WARY OF THIS! Little Mac players make a lot of mistakes. It's a lot easier for me though because I main Greninja, who completely destroys Mac off-stage. <3 #UpSpecialEdgeGuardingOP

As for spammers, approach with shield, or throw your own projectiles. If they like to camp on one side of the stage, and roll as soon as you approach them, then run up, shield, and wait for the roll, then dash back and attack/grab them.

Just learn how to approach.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I had trouble with Little Mac players until someone told me to just stay towards the ledge and force them to come to you. A lot of the players spam dashing a and his jabs. They're actually pretty predictable. I've only gone against one Mac player that was actually good. I barely won against that ne.

Solarman

Smash Cadet
With Megaman I find it best to grab Mac when he tries to counter then upthrow and then follow up with air shooter and spam slash claw/flame sword while he is in the air. Projectile spammers are easy to out play just pretend to approach, shield, and punish.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Anyone have lag issues? I can't deal with samus spammers. I'm fast enough to react and use Mario's cape normally but the lag just kills it for me in the online experience. It's about the same levels as Brawl's lag for me.

Top Bottom