• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some videos of my Lucas.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Been hesitant to post at all on this board, but eh, what the hell. Here's some of my Lucas vids. I think I do pretty well.

vs, Pit on Battlefield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k07UnzviJAA

vs. Snake r1 on Battlefield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of-VoTCDcx8

Decided to take Tyr 03's advice and CP with Brinstar to see how it would go. Well, I won, barely. lols >_>
vs. Snake r2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stEbF1DSsZA

Not to be cliche, but I lost the battle and won the war on this one.
vs. Shiek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBBFacKhziA

vs. R.O.B.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRGJbuatB0

Enjoy, comment, criticize, flame, do whatever. This board just seems dead so just comment something. :D

Irsic

Smash Ace
I can't, lol. If there are any tournaments between Dec. 11th -Jan 11th, I can go. I can go to summer bi-weeklies as well. Other than that, I go to Northern Michigan University, which is in Marquette. <_<

Irsic

Smash Ace
:(

I'm not going to josh you, I'm pretty much the best brawler here at NMU.

Which...sucks, I can't find competition. Someone started a brawl club, and they pretty much all suck. There's one decent Marth player, but he isn't even a great Marth. T_T

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Nice Lucas. I like him, but he can better.

1. Grab a bit more. I watched the Pit vid, and the times you spammed Dtilt, grab would've been better. It also has huge range, so learn that spacing in training mode. Dthrow starts killing at 140. The grab attack has the best damage rate of all grab attacks in the game, so abuse it. At 125, wait them for mess up their spacing as follows: They use an aerial, miss, and land within grab range-which you'll learn. Grab them, pummel 5 times, and downthrow.

2. After a nair, use a jab or ftilt, even if they shield it. If often hits because they drop shield after the Nair most of the time.

3. More short hopped PK Fires. Predict when an opponent is going to jump over them, and jump a little bit higher that time to hit.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I would say your Lucas is fantastic, you use your ATs properly instead of needlessly and those spikes you did were exceptional (especially the Pit one). The only thing I would have liked to see more of is some Thundersliding (probably would have gave you the edge against Snake) and possibly a few more nairs-to-tilt against Pit.

Probably one of the best Lucas's I've seen, if not the best.

Something else that sets your Lucas apart is that you can EFFECTIVELY USE TILTS, finally. Never thought I'd see the day.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Only got a chance to watch vs. Snake matches. You have a good Lucas. I wanted to see more Nairs. I know they're hard to pull off on Snake because of his high priority moves but you had some countering opportunities that you could have used it and racked up some damage or even lead into some gimp kills. Brinstar is an epic counterpick for Lucas. I wanted to see some thundersliding on it though because it's great for it. I only counterpicked Brinstar (except for once when I went out on a limb for Jungle Japes and got totally ***** on it *sigh* it was the end of a long day with a massive headache and afterwhich I threw up three times.../johns) at the last tournament I made it to and it served me really well. That was a good Snake player and you stood up to him really well. I don't get to play very many Snakes and only got to play Dookdiggity in casuals (he later beat Forward in semifinals or something Snake dittos) and Lucas actually does pretty decent against him. Anyhow, great matches. I really enjoyed them. You're good.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
good lucas. i'm not commenting about anything wrong with your lucas, but your amount of spotdoding could be limited. other than that, good s***

Irsic

Smash Ace
Nice. I'm really glad you guys enjoyed the vids.

Here's some johns:

I have a terrible time thundersliding consistently. I need to practice it a lot more. I don't attempt it because whenever I try it in a match (Total times tried: 3 Total times ate **** because of it: 3) So I need to practice it a lot more.

I got into a really bad habit of shield grabbing...almost always, and some attacks really knock you too far back for Lucas' grab to grab...and it's so slow. ;-;

I get scared to use nAir excessively. Whenever I rewatch my videos I'm never sure why I don't nair more.

Now that I'm done johning some stupidity, I'm still getting better. Thanks for watching my vids, if I get more epic matches, I'll see if I can post 'em up. :D

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Those videos were pretty good! Although, I noticed you used F-smash needlessly in some spots hoping for a hit. I think if you want to step up your game a little more, try to start using jab-canceled f-tilts, u-tilts, f-smashes and Down smashes (against those spot dodgers).
I really like your lucas though. I need to try out that immediate down-throw up-tilt move and I get what you mean about being scared to use nair. I always get punished for it, so now I've only started using it when an opponent misses his/her move. I shff-nair into them, then jab-cancel from the second jab into an f-smash or ftilt so that I can follow up with a PKT edgeguard.

Irsic

Smash Ace
normally when I'm using Fsmash and am not near an opponent it's because I'm in anticipation of reflecting a projectile. against shiek those things can do a lot of damage and they're handy if you can reflect, i guess i can always shield, but I'm normally trying to reflect projectiles.

i should try out the jab cancelled ftilt, never though about that before. thanks for the advice. :D

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I see. I have a bad habit against R.O.B. where my friend always shoots the laser when I'm off-screen and kills my Lucas quickly. I never decide to use magnet or airdodge. Force of habit XD

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I would just like to add this quick comment here:

I think that ROB's bair hitbox at 3:43 is perhaps one of the most unrealistic, bull**** moves I've ever seen. The move was completed half a second ago, and the fact that the tip of his head happened to touch you in the very last frame and kill you is outrageous and on par with Snake's up tilt.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Without even having to look back at the video, I know exactly what you're talking about.

And I was so pissed off.

Top Bottom