• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some questions concerning Wi-Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
First of all I apologize in advance if you have seen these same questions many times before. Perhaps they have been answered on the boards, and I missed/overlooked the thread. I searched a lot of places and I simply cannot find an answer to these questions. So...

1. Can you play online against your friends like a 2 vs 2? For example two people on one wii, two people on the other. Simply put: can two people play off the same wii, online?

2. Can you put custom rules on a "with anyone" match or are the items, stages, and rules.... random? set?

3. Do you get a totally seperate code for smash that you must trade back and forth, or do you just use your own wii code?

4. Finally (similar to #1) is the team battle with anyone, or with friends, or both? And can you both be playing or are you assigned a random partner?

As you can see I am kinda fuzzie with the Wi-Fi of this game, so your responses are will be much apreciated. :)

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
wow no responses a day later, i hate to do this but BUMP.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
1. Apparently yes.

2. With Anyone only has 2 minute FFAs.

3. I thought it had it's own code, I have seen other people say this, but someone else said it uses your Wii's code. The game will automatically add anyone on your Wii friends list who has Brawl to your Brawl friends list though, according to another topic.

4. I think it's with both... not sure how it works, someone else will have to answer.

Revven

FrankerZ
1. Can you play online against your friends like a 2 vs 2? For example two people on one wii, two people on the other. Simply put: can two people play off the same wii, online?
Yes, you can.

Kyle29 said:
2. Can you put custom rules on a "with anyone" match or are the items, stages, and rules.... random? set?
No, you cannot. You can only mess with the item switch, and even then, you'll be lucky for yours to be chosen.

Kyle29 said:
3. Do you get a totally seperate code for smash that you must trade back and forth, or do you just use your own wii code?
Supposedly, if you have friends on your Wii that have Brawl Wi-Fi, Brawl will add them to your friend list for you so you don't have to. I do not know for sure if Brawl does have a separate one, but, I'm pretty sure it does have its own friend code.

Kyle29 said:
4. Finally (similar to #1) is the team battle with anyone, or with friends, or both? And can you both be playing or are you assigned a random partner?
You can only Team Battle with two people on one console in With Friends. In With Anyone, you are paired up with someone else and cannot have a friend be on your team. So, yes, you are assigned a random partner in With Anyone.

Muffinabus

Smash Rookie
Why are people bothered by someone answering a topic? FFS don't click the **** topic if you are that annoyed by it.

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
can we stop bumping now?

I know I am sorry, but it had been a whole day, my thread went to the third page sooo yea... I just gave it a lil nudge sorry. But hey I am glad to hear to people can play online off the same wii. Thanks for the responses.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I know I am sorry, but it had been a whole day, my thread went to the third page sooo yea... I just gave it a lil nudge sorry. But hey I am glad to hear to people can play online off the same wii. Thanks for the responses.
Or you could just post in the simple question, simple answer thread that SamuraiPanda specifically made for these type of questions. Seriously, it's a sticky. It's not hard to look up there and see it.

CrazyShaman

Smash Apprentice
1. Yes

2. Randomly chooses stage and items based on what people submitted.

3. Friends codes, but it auto adds your wii friends with brawl.

4. I have no idea. Probably you and your friend vs 2 others.

EDIT Yeah, this should probably go in the sticky. Still Postcount++

Kyle29

Smash Apprentice
Or you could just post in the simple question, simple answer thread that SamuraiPanda specifically made for these type of questions. Seriously, it's a sticky. It's not hard to look up there and see it.
ahh believe it or not I saw the sticky just AFTER I posted my thread. I was like ****.... but it was too late.... Some of my questions were kinda specific though. Well I can see what I did wrong OK. And please hesitate to point anything else out because I really do not care now. :urg: urg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom