• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some questions about project m.

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
So, I decided to make a thread on this, since I have no clue where else I would go to get answers. I plan on purchasing a wii and brawl next month, as well as an sd card etc. I plan on having friends over to play it with me, and I plan on getting project m to spice things up a bit. The only reason I'm not getting a wii u or smash 4 on the wii u is because I don't have an hd tv, so it would not work with my tv, and even if I did get the extra cords to make it work, the screen would be partially cut off, so it would be hard to play. Anyways, here are my questions.

Me and my friends are just casual players, we play smash bros as a party game. I realize project m is for competitive players, but I'm mainly getting it for the additional characters and costumes. Is there still features that make it more fun with friends for casuals?

What features are removed in project m? (the story, etc.)

Are any of the stages from brawl removed?

Is there any known bugs, or would it most likely be safe to do ?

Would I ever be able to play regular brawl again, or would I need to buy a second disc, if I wish to do so?

Thanks again everyone ~

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
There are still plenty of options for casual play. Items can still be used, as well as most special smash options (some were replaced). It feels largely like slightly smoother Melee. If you can play Melee, you can play this.

Many stages from Brawl were tweaked or altered to be less intrusive to competitive play (I don't know if any were outright removed as of 3.5 though). Some stages weren't, though, such as Delfino Plaza.

PM runs fine generally. There can be a few bugs but at the very worst it'll just crash, which can be fixed with a reset. It won't cause any damage to your system.

You can still play Brawl, even with the same disc. PM's files are loaded from the SD card, and are not saved to the system (aside from pictures you take in PM which can be viewed even in regular Brawl) so loading Brawl without the SD card will play it normally.

Last edited:

AidanTheGreat

Smash Journeyman
There are still plenty of options for casual play. Items can still be used, as well as most special smash options (some were replaced). It feels largely like slightly smoother Melee. If you can play Melee, you can play this.

Many stages from Brawl were tweaked or altered to be less intrusive to competitive play (I don't know if any were outright removed as of 3.5 though). Some stages weren't, though, such as Delfino Plaza.

PM runs fine generally. There can be a few bugs but at the very worst it'll just crash, which can be fixed with a reset. It won't cause any damage to your system.

You can still play Brawl, even with the same disc. PM's files are loaded from the SD card, and are not saved to the system (aside from pictures you take in PM which can be viewed even in regular Brawl) so loading Brawl without the SD card will play it normally.
Thank you so much! Based on everything you have told me, I think I'm going to get project m, that way when my friends do come over next month, we can try it out. If we don't find it as fun, we can just switch back to regular brawl. Anyways, you were a huge help!

Top Bottom