• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some of my Bowser strats

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
Ok, in my experiance the people i find difficult to approch are ness, Zelda, and someties lucas. If anyone has starts on a good way to approach, please post.
Now for the meat of this post:
some of the things i find very fun and very effective with bowser are:
Jump towards ur opponent with a side B, if it is missed or dodged, there is no lag time between the move and hitting the ground, which makes it perfect to Up B while on the floor, popping the opponent into the air. while in the air, u do Up airs, up tilt, and side B are some good ways to injure the opponent, keeping him in the air, due to Bowser having an AMAZING aerial game. Although, his moves are very slow, and will require some mindgames to hit.
another thing that i find effective is dashing at ur opponent, into an Up B when ur close enough. most of the time it will hit, pooping ur opponent into the air. But, if missed, u can still avoid being hit, or if the last part of the up B hits ur opponent, it can be a good spacer.
hope this helps

orochimaru2072

Smash Cadet
Ok, in my experiance the people i find difficult to approch are ness, Zelda, and someties lucas. If anyone has starts on a good way to approach, please post.
Now for the meat of this post:
some of the things i find very fun and very effective with bowser are:
Jump towards ur opponent with a side B, if it is missed or dodged, there is no lag time between the move and hitting the ground, which makes it perfect to Up B while on the floor, popping the opponent into the air. while in the air, u do Up airs, up tilt, and side B are some good ways to injure the opponent, keeping him in the air, due to Bowser having an AMAZING aerial game. Although, his moves are very slow, and will require some mindgames to hit.
another thing that i find effective is dashing at ur opponent, into an Up B when ur close enough. most of the time it will hit, pooping ur opponent into the air. But, if missed, u can still avoid being hit, or if the last part of the up B hits ur opponent, it can be a good spacer.
hope this helps
Wow thanks. I don't have any starts against the people you listed but thank you for the info

DwaynBibad

Smash Cadet
I want to mention a strategy I found but never had the time to test out.
Bowser's flamethrower is really great for damage and pretty much everything, so I try to find a way to spam it as much as possible.
For those campers, the jumping forward Bowser flame is really great for getting inside without getting sliced up on approach, but I want to talk about this other method I haven't tried yet.

Bowser's two hit combo comes out very fast and has decent range, but it's possible to just use the first hit of the combo to go straight into Bowser flame. This doesn't combo, but it allows the player to flame close range without worrying about it's slow start up, as I don't think people could react that fast.

If this is already well known or doesn't work, sorry ^^;;.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
I want to mention a strategy I found but never had the time to test out.
Bowser's flamethrower is really great for damage and pretty much everything, so I try to find a way to spam it as much as possible.
For those campers, the jumping forward Bowser flame is really great for getting inside without getting sliced up on approach, but I want to talk about this other method I haven't tried yet.

Bowser's two hit combo comes out very fast and has decent range, but it's possible to just use the first hit of the combo to go straight into Bowser flame. This doesn't combo, but it allows the player to flame close range without worrying about it's slow start up, as I don't think people could react that fast.

If this is already well known or doesn't work, sorry ^^;;.

Ya i have tried it since uv mentioned it and it does seem to work pretty well for a quick rack up of damage. another thing i like to do is edgeguard with the flame by knocking them off, and gettin close to the edge and jus flaming in the direction of the opponent. it has a possible KO advantage, and can easily rack up 50% or more of damage to ur opponent.

BTW, sorry for accidentally saying "Pooping" instead of "popping" my mistake, but i dont wanna edit and fix cuz its funny :]

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
Lol no worries about the pooping incident.

I would have to say one of the things i see bowsers forgetting (online at least) is his GODLY uair. that move is far too good now, and dash attack followed by a uair can KO at like 70-80% with certain characters

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
Ya, but the Uair requires good timing which actually isnt very hard at all, but the point is opponents can see it coming a mile away, and what usually happens is either it is airdodged, which can be followed up with an Fair or Bair to still hit the opponent, or Bowser can be hit with the opponents Dair, which, with almost every character, outprioritizes the Uair. But if MindGames are incorporated, it can easily be hit. And, as a Bowser main, i kno that MINDGAMES WITH BOWSER ARE A MUST!

QUIVO

Smash Master
one of the killerfleets on gb used the flamethrower on me as an edgeguard once... : (

I think thats why i lost.. no johns..

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
anyone have any Qs they wanna ask??
iv been practicing like crazy with bowser and can easily help out with problems

Flayl

Smash Hero
UAir is a LOT better in brawl, i can actually hit people instead of the opponent taking a nap and dodging whenever they feel like it

Top Bottom