• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some difficulties with Diddy Kong.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Im getting pretty used to using him as of now, but there are still 2 major problems that I need to find out how to address.

--

1. Is there any tip on how to make it so his side-B can grab the opponent? 80% of the time I am missing him, it either goes right over him or sometimes through him. Im always having to resort to the kick.

2. How should Diddy Edgeguard? I'd say his side-B but I can never seem to grab with it. It wouldn't work with my characters recoveries, so any other stradegies?

Thanks.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
for #2 - I ussually leave a banana on the edge or just try to go out with Fairs, Dsmashs can work sometimes too =/

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Im getting pretty used to using him as of now, but there are still 2 major problems that I need to find out how to address.

--

1. Is there any tip on how to make it so his side-B can grab the opponent? 80% of the time I am missing him, it either goes right over him or sometimes through him. Im always having to resort to the kick.

2. How should Diddy Edgeguard? I'd say his side-B but I can never seem to grab with it. It wouldn't work with my characters recoveries, so any other stradegies?

Thanks.

1. As explained in the "diddy hump" thread by me and others, the hump will connect until about when you are completely upside down while doing your backflip forwards. Why upside down, i dunno.

2. Personally, now that im used to it, i say go for dair whenever humanly possible. If not, just go for a fair. If you dont want to chase them at all, set up banana on the very end of the stage, then one to your other side so you're inbetween them and wait to use a stutter step fsmash or dsmash. While it looks pretty funny, I'd say to pretty much avoid doing a side B to edgeguard since its so tough to hit unless someone goes straight vertical on their up B like snake, and you could accidentally have a finger slip and end up doing a kung fu kick into the abyss

Top Bottom