• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solo side + b desync NOT OOS

Playn

Smash Rookie
This probably isn't new, but I haven't seen anyone do this desync before, even though I have seen people do it OOS. If Nana is in end lag of a move, she is unavailable to join Popo for synced side + b. This has the same effect as Nana being in shield while Popo has just jumped in the OOS version. So while Nana is in end lag and Popo is not, side + b desyncs.

The easiest way to do this is input an attack and then mash side + b. It even works with jab. You could time it so the side + b input is right when Popo end lag is over but Nana is still in lag, but there's no downside to mashing other than Popo leaves the ground a tiny bit.

Assuming this isn't new, why don't people do this? It seems like a great mixup, it's easy to do, and can be done pretty much whenever. With a follow up Nana blizzard, I'm guessing it's not that easy to punish.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
It's decent, and just like the grabdesynch should be used more. Atm im more leaning towards how pivot desynch from any aerial is super useful and will be a huge part of my future playstyle.

Vanitas

Smash Ace
The hitboxes of side-B are pretty bad. It works as decent shield pressure when combined with a Nana blizzard but if you do end up getting that close to an opponent that is shielding, you're better off grabbing them instead.

Makoto-Y&Y

Smash Rookie
With a Nana blizzard it can be difficult to follow-up. However; like said before the hitbox is not that great and you're stuck in your solo squall for quite an amount of time, which means if you get punished it'll be a heavy one that can cost you a stock. It's good as a mix-up, but more often than about twice a set is a no-no in my book.

Jesus!

Smash Cadet
it looks kinda cool and is really easy to do but is useless because they can just jump over you or walk to the right for a few seconds.

Top Bottom