• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
sad you missed it D: but I know that Närcon Summer will have it again since it was their biggest tourny! even bigger than melee!
I know I will join it once again at Närcon Summer!
trust me, this time I will meet that "winner" again and this time in the finals with Jr >:3 because our matches were he most intense match at the tourny!

(me and my girlfriend did won Brawl Team tourny with King Dedede and Ness but thats diffirent story and offtopic)
Awesome i'll probably be there then! Hopefully we face each other in Grandfinals hehe ;)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@V1cegrip is the best Bowser Jr. I've observed and played! I might upload replays I have of me against him. He won the vast majority of games against me, but they were all very good games.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Yeah V1cegrip is really good. @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG , I have seen you alot in the competitive impressions thread among other places and you seem to be a knowledgeable player so that would be interesting to see.

Last edited:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey Koopalings! I just picked up the game yesterday and after trying all the characters out I've settled on Bowser Jr. as a main. I'm hoping to have him at a decent place by the end of the month for a local, just thought I'd introduce myself here.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Hey Koopalings! I just picked up the game yesterday and after trying all the characters out I've settled on Bowser Jr. as a main. I'm hoping to have him at a decent place by the end of the month for a local, just thought I'd introduce myself here.
Welcome, I suggest learning koopakart combos and practicing how far out you can go to finish characters and return. big aspects of BJ game. (J imo)

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Yo, since the Mega Man boards are tackling the Bowse Jr. Matchup, could one of you try to play against me ? I lack in experience, but our board's lack of knowlege in the Jr. matchup is even bigger XD
I believe it could also be a nice opportunity to take out those Customs :p
I'm available for 2 or 3 hours right now, but I can only play on the 3DS and matches could be a bit laggy if you're not in Europe.

Another question : should we go with EVO stock&time rules or go 3-stocks&8minutes ?

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Yo, since the Mega Man boards are tackling the Bowse Jr. Matchup, could one of you try to play against me ? I lack in experience, but our board's lack of knowlege in the Jr. matchup is even bigger XD
I believe it could also be a nice opportunity to take out those Customs :p
I'm available for 2 or 3 hours right now, but I can only play on the 3DS and matches could be a bit laggy if you're not in Europe.

Another question : should we go with EVO stock&time rules or go 3-stocks&8minutes ?
That sounds helpful, I was curious too, PM me if you still want to (the boards say Bowjr disscusion is ending soon)

Last edited:

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but would anybody like to have Jr dittos with me? I lacked very hard in dittos as I think my stage control is really atrocious in comparison with my edgeguarding skills. It's been so long since the last time I've touched Smash 4 due to some stuff in real life. So yeah...

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm considering maining Jr. but I find him awkward to control. Just wanna know ifcontrolling him properly came naturally to you guys or if it took time.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but would anybody like to have Jr dittos with me? I lacked very hard in dittos as I think my stage control is really atrocious in comparison with my edgeguarding skills. It's been so long since the last time I've touched Smash 4 due to some stuff in real life. So yeah...
Add me! I'm also slightly rusty cuz business IRL.
NNID: C. Piglet

I'm considering maining Jr. but I find him awkward to control. Just wanna know ifcontrolling him properly came naturally to you guys or if it took time.

Thanks in advance
It definitely isn't easy. Jr. plays differently than most of the other characters. At first he feels clunky, slow, predictable, and easily punished. You will lose a lot at first because picking him up is not like picking up a straightforward character like Diddy or Mario.
But once you throw some time into it, see some high level Junior play, and practice some of Jr.'s more difficutl matchups, you will find a character that can wreck half the cast with relative ease using his projectiles, mobility, and powerful disjointed aerials :)

KaboXx

Smash Rookie
NNID
KaboXx
First post since i stumbled upos this site! Fellow Jr user here :D. Thought id say hi! I thought i was the only jr running around xD Didnt see many at After shock today....

Before i start reading thru the thread any Jr players i should keep my eye open for?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post that character's silhouettes there. Don't mind me... (Tell me if this is annoying and I won't do it to the other social threads)

[collapse=Koopalings]

[/collapse]

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Played a couple today. Had some trouble understanding Olimar's usual style, I tried to hit the pikmin off me but I didn't know what to use (not U-smash xD).
Also had a close match with Greninja, hydro-pump never affected me negatively, but i got KO'd by an edge guarding Usmash.

Last edited:

Iblistech

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NeosCross
3DS FC
3179-6577-8881
Switch FC
SW-7096-0760-2425
I played with some friends from another forum site via Skype voice chat last night and they were quite agitated by my Roy. He really gave them some trouble.

Last edited:

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I just found myself kicking some serious butt with Koopalings. I semi mained Bowser Jr. already, but heck it's so funny to dominate with Koopa car I think I have new main. These cart riders and all the gimmicks are just too fun to use.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Just popping in randomly to say that Up-angled F-smash is underrated. To clarify, the hitbox is so good it even sometimes hits the shortest crouching characters like Kirby and G&W depending on spacing (not that crouching against Jr is especially common). Given F-smash connects a lot better as of recent patch and whiffs less in close range, you lose almost nothing angling it upwards to defend against more approach options.

One of Jr's weaknesses is he's a bit tall, and he doesn't like being rushed down, and I think Up-angled F-smash is a valuable tool for helping him to work around this.

Also I have some bad news. I was unable to salvage replays against Vicegrip before the patch update, so short term plans to upload entertaining replays were thwarted. The good news is I've been convinced to put some time on the side into learning Jr. and acquiring basic proficiency. Given time, I'll be helping Vicegrip improve his Ganon, and he'll be helping me learn Jr.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
something I found out about Jr and Olimar is that Pikmin loves to pick up items on the way and carries it to olimar or attach to the item to order to beat it, but the mecha koopa will actually make the pikmin trip and get "disabled" in like 0,5 seconds before getting up and walk back to olimar (and attemd to pick it up again if it pass the MC again)

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
It seems like the players after midnight are on a whole 'nother level. I'm fine in my local tourney or at a reasonable hour, but at night I just can't hold my own as BowJr (or diddy, my other main). the opponent will switch from pika to pac man, or from dk to ganon to tink to captain falcon to fox. jeez. (this is a social rant thread right? :p)

Shrokatii

Smash Lord
NNID
thtarwarth
3DS FC
2406-5322-4533
well i started picking up jr. and hes so fun to play. at first i thought he was a bit laggy and slow, but i tried him out again and something just clicked. Bowser jr. is my favorite mario character and was disappointed about his moveset, but i decided to go another round with him and ive grown to really like him. if any of you have got some tips for a new jr player, theyd be much appreciated

ill also stick around here and post a few

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
something wierd happened to me today!

I was playing as Jr against a Pikachu, I tossed a MK and picked it up just before it was ready to explode (glowing red and flashing)
however as soon as I pick it up, I got hit and dropped MK! I was expecting a explosion from it, but it didnt! it just got on its feet and walk away until it finally exploded!

I got a replay of it and recorded it! I will upload it soon

uploaded
on closer speculation, it appears that my Jr dropped the MK the same time he got hit but was suppose to throw it!
dont know why it didnt explode but started walking again!

Last edited:

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
That video as explain in another board, is just the chance to drop a held item upon hit, like Link's bombs. Idk if it's dmg or knock back dependent though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't think the videos are up yet, but when they are, check out Nagalfar's performance at Smash in Marseille. His Ludwig did y'all proud.

ozydandias

Smash Rookie
NNID
bizarro_dan
3DS FC
4055-6638-3178
Hello! I'm a Bowser Jr (Morton) player. Had a lot of fun playing him the one day with my friends, so I decided to start maining him.
Hoping the forum helps me figure out some cool things to do with him.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
So I found something interesting.

Because dthrow uses a rehit rate and the throw is weight dependent, it does an extra 0.5% damage to heavier characters.

Steam

Smash Hero
Greetings, inferior character boards! The evil lucario empire is now discussing the bowser jr. matchup in this thread. Come have fun discussing the lucario matchup with a band of villainous furries!

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Yeah thats what i figured. Still almost always his worst throw option though (with a few exceptions).
Like if you need to hold someone down so a koopa can kick them. :grrr:

Edit *poorly written the first time

Last edited:

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
First tournament using this character tomorrow, been lurking boards for a bit now so may as well introduce myself Lol. Bowser Jr main since day 1, due to my brawl main in this game being bad.

Top Bottom