• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Superstar

Smash Champion
Well, Physics isn't my major, so I hope Physics 1 and 2 are the most I have to take.

The responses in that thread are horrible. Only a few people posted any meaningful responses, at least it was JV and not the small fry brawl noobs that were more reasonable.

Like he said, it is all about money. Brawl attracts people, however horrible it is.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I know right.
-and hacked-smash was given consideration in the contest BEFORE an actual legit smash brothers game.
(which happens to be the original)
reeeaaally disappointing

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I noticed it too. I thought it was just the University computers doping something wierd.

And yes, I did notice that mistake. It was a typo, but I decided to leave it in since it's a funny and completely unexpected typo lol.

Frogles

Smash Ace
brawl+ is the third smash game as far as i'm concerned. it actually plays and feels like a smash game whereas brawl feels like a cheap knockoff.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I just tried Barwl++ today, and, I actually have to agree with Frogles there.

Too bad Nintendo sucks. If they were more like Valve [or maybe some others], they might have made it downloadable as a channel.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I'm lazy, and some of you were already discussing it. Would a casual playing Brawl+ be aware of the changes made since they're that substantial/noticable, or won't notice due to minor fixes and kinks?

Frogles

Smash Ace
it depends on how much experience the casual has with brawl. if he's played it here and there he probably won't notice. he'll def notice if he plays the game regularly or use to play regularly.

TANK64

Smash Lord
You mean between Vanilla Brawl and +?
I mean, I don't see how you could not tell. One has hitstun for crying out loud.
But then again- there are very oblivious people out there, that might not

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If you mean between different versions of brawl+, it depends on the changes. If you main squirtle, and all that is changed is his up-tilt have slightly less hit-stun, then you probably won't notice it if you don't play often (unless something you usually are able to do doesn't work anymore). If you're Ness and all of a sudden you can double-jump cancel, or use your up-B again after it gets intercepted, then of course you'll notice the differences. It all depends...

Superstar

Smash Champion
Newer Brawl+ just use the normal Brawl airdodge. Sure wavedash is nice but the code sucked. All Brawl+ really has to be is a better Brawl, not a Melee or 64.

They also increased everyone's initial dashes and dash speeds by a constant, and I think they also increased the gravity by an itsy bit [as in, they manually set each character's falling speed for balance/playstyle reasons].

Also, the "conserving running speed for aerial movement" is just so awesome <3.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i'm gonna give brawl+ a go

but somebody needs to buy me an SD card :mad:

DMoogle

A$
Yeah a friend of mine had Rock Band for the Wii, then another friend had it for the 360, and it looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better on the 360 in HD.

I don't have any reason to get a 360 or PS3 though.

Superstar

Smash Champion
What? SD cards are 10 dollars. At least in the local staples.

It's if you need a reader that it might get a bit pricier. Unless you don't care for an "all in 1". Then it might be another $10.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Yeah a friend of mine had Rock Band for the Wii, then another friend had it for the 360, and it looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better on the 360 in HD.

I don't have any reason to get a 360 or PS3 though.
I'm pretty hardcore when it comes to guitar hero, and the wii version just doesnt have a bunch of the best songs (the free DLC songs for 360 are a necessity)

BUT I guess the SD card custom songs would ameliorate that... haha

DMoogle

A$
Yeah I really don't care about any of those games except GTA 4, and I can play that on my computer with higher graphics settings than on the PS3/360. I rarely play new games anyway.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Yeah I really don't care about any of those games except GTA 4, and I can play that on my computer with higher graphics settings than on the PS3/360. I rarely play new games anyway.
Yep. PCs are like consoles on crack.

Good crack. Not the bad stuff.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Powerful PC > Console anyday
But a PS3 nowadays is not so expensive (although lol 60€ controllers), if only it could be pirated like the PS2

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yea my computer is on crack....not the good kind.:ohwell:

As for games, like superstar said, BlazBlue is where it's at
Shiny with absurd combos- isn't that all that matters?:chuckle:
But seriously, IMO it is more fun than SF4.......oh snap, I said it
*waits for Tiger-Upper-Cut *

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Seeing as a few things have happened quite often (some I feel bad about because someone may think I'm ignoring them or something), I thought I'd list some things here. This is our 'spam' thread, so I think it's a good fit.

If anyone has added me on msn/aim and I have not responded or something to that effect, I don't know what is the cause of that. I've added someone one day, and they disappear the next. I use meebo to do msn/aim communication, so that may be the cause (though I've added others with success). So anyone who has tried to add me with no success, well... that's the reason. (Lawrencelot earlier this week is an example, as well as like 10 more people. We had a tourney match... and we literally ended up chatting with Kefit as our middleman to set up our match).

If anyone has sent me a message on Galaxy 64 (either on the main chat or in my 'chat' game) and I didn't respond, it's because I'm not paying attention to the server, but still have it open. So I won't see your post... probably until after it's too late. Just now, for example, Froggles contacted me. By the time I saw his post and tried to reply, he had left the server. This has happened with many people recently. No, I'm not ignoring you... I'm just not paying attention to the server (and sometimes have volume off, so I don't get the notice sound when you join my chat).

If there was any other incident where it seemed as if I ignored someone, that is not the case, and there is a similar reason to it. I don't ignore people. The only person I ignore is Blue Yoshi since, well, I don't find any of his posts useful, and most of them have negativity in them. There's many more reasons, but yeah... Blue Yoshi is the only person I ignore. ;)

I just felt some people thought I was ignoring them... as I've had these types of things happen quite often with some people. If this has happened to you when you tried to contact me... sorry :(

(I feel guilty very easily :p)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I've never had a match vs Jiggly where I've broken their shield for all 5 stocks. I've done it for 4 stocks but not 5.

Anyone done it for all 5?

Top Bottom