• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
S2J, we should take it into time perspective. There may be better animes nowadays, but like 20 years befure, DB was the best anime by a mle and nothing else came close to it, something that like never happened again

asianaussie

Smash Hero
S2J, we should take it into time perspective. There may be better animes nowadays, but like 20 years befure, DB was the best anime by a mle and nothing else came close to it, something that like never happened again
Kinnikuman, Dr. Slump and Captain Tsubasa say hi.

I read it. Lol @ Manta barely growing.
I love how they use Manta as a size comparison for things.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Kinnikuman, Dr. Slump and Captain Tsubasa say hi.
They were popular no doubt, but DB > all
Kinnikuman and Dr Slump were more like humour series. Dr slump is the little sister of DBZ as its by Toriyama too.

Captain tsubasa series was/is a laughable joke for those who know about football (soccer). Lol pitch size of 10 miles long. Lol players doing circus tricks and martial arts instead of playing football. Lol ball turning into a frisby when shoot, n stuff...

Superstar

Smash Champion
DB anime sucks.

Everything sucks to someone who knows a lot about said subject, whether its Medicine or Poker. Might as well take it far in the inplausible for entertainment.

Even if DB WAS the best then, that only shows that Anime sucked then. And, by the way, do not compare the Beatles to DB [or at least DBZ]. Beatles stomp all over them.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
DB anime sucks.
WHAT!

Even if DB WAS the best then, that only shows that Anime sucked then. And, by the way, do not compare the Beatles to DB [or at least DBZ]. Beatles stomp all over them.
Using this logic, Ferrari cars from the 60's sucked because they had no airbags, no climatizer, no navigator.... -_-
Just the best at the time, its called progress. The Beatles thing was only an example

Superstar

Smash Champion
DB sucked because it was slow. That's the reason Naruto sucks today, that's the reason why Bleach sucks [though Bleach has the slowness a little less than Naruto]. Not because it didn't have the fancy effects of today. Bugs Bunny was awesome despite it being from the 50s.

DB Anime, at least DBZ, has way too much filler. It was popular, yes. So is Naruto. With the filler, I can't see how DBZ was the best of its time, if it WAS the best of its time, then that's pathetic.

I haven't seen too much of DBZ, but I wanted to argue it because you sound like a fanboy. I know about the filler [extending length] problem, that's the only bad thing I know about it and honestly its the worst.

I like the effort Kai or whatever is putting to fixing the filler problem. I might actually watch that one.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Dragon Ball Z is the ****...

Gohan turning ssj2 for the first time is too epic a scene. Also, the music in DBZ is reallllly good at times, like when Vegeta uses the final flash attack on cell...

DBZ on television is really boring, TOOOO MUCH FILLER...

But on youtube, watching all the cool DBZ clips, oh f*** yeah, thats what Its all about.

Also, the DBZ movies are all pretty good, some better than others.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The games are pretty fun as well. Buu's Furry was one of the best SP games made imo. And BT3 is one of my favorite fighting games.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Yeah, on Television is mostly what I'm talking about. Waiting a week for filler is very very boring.

If you had time to dedicate to watching it back to time, I assume it'd be a lot better, just not the "greatest" nor the "greatest of its time".

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Captain tsubasa series was/is a laughable joke for those who know about football (soccer). Lol pitch size of 10 miles long. Lol players doing circus tricks and martial arts instead of playing football. Lol ball turning into a frisby when shoot, n stuff...
It was amusing. But it was very unrealistic. Same goes for Prince of Tennis >_>

Oh wow twist serve hardest thing ever -_-

Dragon Ball was okay, I reiterate: okay. It set the bar for a lot of things, especially the original manga, but that's all it did. It set the bar once, and now that bar has been raised again.

Someone said something about the formula - ridiculously powerful boss, main character powerup, *just* defeats the boss, new, much stronger boss appears, repeat. Most mangas and animes with that formula nowadays are simply better than Dragon Ball. Hunter X Hunter is one example, as are Rurouni Kenshin, One Piece and perhaps the earlier parts of Bleach (it's just stupid now in the manga, they introduced a freaking rocket launcher into the mix).

Go watch Dragonball Z Abridged, it's better than the original :D

If you don't like filler, read the manga.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I don't think people today are giving the credit Dragon Ball deserves. I'm sure it was the Popularity of Dragon Ball that set the standards for manga/anime craze in America, and possibly many other countries.
It's old now, and I don't care much for it anymore, but if you grew up in the 90s and early 2000s, Dragon Ball (Z) was probably one of the most talked about TV Shows. I remember the fan craze when Goku first went Super Saiyan, or the entering of Trunks and the Android Saga...

That video was pretty cool. Lol Cucumber Soda... I should go there sometime.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Namek saga was the best. Being a Super Saiyan still meant something at that point. After that, the number of them just exploded.

In Australia, the first season of Pokemon was more popular in the early 90s :\
Our morning cartoons and cable cartoon channels just plain suck.
Still...I have to admit it was alright until Satoshi got to Johto. Then it just...died.

Top Bottom