• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

smash64guy

Smash Rookie
I think console tourneys had alot to do with online declining. Pre apex 2012 everyone still played online. Now that people have their console status built up they are afraid to play online and lose to someone they think theyre better than and hurt their ego. These are the same people who were regulars on kaillera for years.

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I think console tourneys had alot to do with online declining. Pre apex 2012 everyone still played online. Now that people have their console status built up they are afraid to play online and lose to someone they think theyre better than and hurt their ego. These are the same people who were regulars on kaillera for years.
That's not even close, people quit playing on kaillera because of other games being online. When brawl came out kaillera lost about 100 regular users who were real randoms out different communities. Ever since then the game has steadily declined, and recently with the spree of bans by Cobre (TY), MATTS! left, LD left I think, frogles left again, and a handful of other decent players who were online often left. For whatever reason knite gave all his friends authority in his server, despite it being dead the guy still took it to heart and banned people over smash like this is 2008. Big mistake, just costed us the rest of the community. Now it's 100% casuals, you'll be lucky to find someone who can play well enough to have fun with. It's been like that for years but now it's virtually impossible to find someone good on kaillera.

eVeRFRee

Smash Rookie
France ; Rhônes-Alpes ; Haute-Savoie ; Annecy
II y a toujours des joueurs ((environ 15) mais peux aller jusqu'à 50 joueurs) sur SMASH FU NY prêt à jouer Smash64 Online.
Mais les joueurs changent en fonctions des mois.
Malgré que Janvier à Mars soit totalement vide.
Hormis les membres de SmashBoards, j'avais croisé SuPeRbOoMfAn l'année dernière (2015) dans le moi de juillet.
Et passée du bon temps avec ((cuddlytoys- new cuddlytoysssb)) and YuMi, and Gnoob, Shirizu, and ZnD with T-Rex. Talk with M. Theory and M. Sakurai [for special think i loved played Lucas in Brawl] at 04/2015 to 10/2015.

Morin0

Smash Lord
That's not even close, people quit playing on kaillera because of other games being online. When brawl came out kaillera lost about 100 regular users who were real randoms out different communities. Ever since then the game has steadily declined, and recently with the spree of bans by Cobre (TY), MATTS! left, LD left I think, frogles left again, and a handful of other decent players who were online often left. For whatever reason knite gave all his friends authority in his server, despite it being dead the guy still took it to heart and banned people over smash like this is 2008. Big mistake, just costed us the rest of the community. Now it's 100% casuals, you'll be lucky to find someone who can play well enough to have fun with. It's been like that for years but now it's virtually impossible to find someone good on kaillera.
sup smasherx74

I find this to be true for specific people. ClubbaDubba comes to mind.

caneut

Smash Ace
S smash64guy Uair Uair

nothing but bots and people playing non smash games. look at all those waiting 1 person smash games in oh2, look at the 30,000 user id's. oh1 had zeke at 0 ping like always and no smash games,

http://i.imgur.com/11b0w46.gifv look at all these people, to name a few people off the list, smasherx74, and a bunch of people i see go to smash fu, but apparently idling. almost 50k user id's. one of the usernames is see here is someone i see irl all the time and i know for a fact isn't here.

Madao Madao @Sangoku are you guys trolling us? how long are you guys going to let someone who's evading a ban just keep posting and promoting **** trying to split our community.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
S smash64guy Uair Uair

nothing but bots and people playing non smash games. look at all those waiting 1 person smash games in oh2, look at the 30,000 user id's. oh1 had zeke at 0 ping like always and no smash games,

http://i.imgur.com/11b0w46.gifv look at all these people, to name a few people off the list, smasherx74, and a bunch of people i see go to smash fu, but apparently idling. almost 50k user id's. one of the usernames is see here is someone i see irl all the time and i know for a fact isn't here.

Madao Madao @Sangoku are you guys trolling us? how long are you guys going to let someone who's evading a ban just keep posting and promoting **** trying to split our community.
So you're claiming idlers are bots because they used to play on smash fu lol? SMASH FU used to be the main server until everyone left, now as you see it's randoms on Outter Haven. Kaillera is dead.

Madao

I don't appreciate being blamed for this. I'm confused as to why you would expect me to just take your word for it, without being given a sufficient explanation.. I've already stated that someone needs to prove it. I will not ban someone off of mere speculation.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Decent players play smash FU. Randoms and 100 cuddly alts play on OH1/2.

Cobr only bans people for a few minutes for being idiots or being mexican. MATTS! only kicks mexicans when they lag the server.

caneut

Smash Ace
I don't appreciate being blamed for this. I'm confused as to why you would expect me to just take your word for it, without being given a sufficient explanation.. I've already stated that someone needs to prove it. I will not ban someone off of mere speculation.
literally everyone who is anyone thinks that this is smasherx. its obvious he's subtly trying to disrupt the community, and he has previously been banned here.

look at his ****ing post history. supporting some stupid **** backwards site for emulators (near said hosted a broken emulator) and does nothing but **** on smashfu and promoting a botnet ****ing kaillera server. i dont even ****ing play online and when i do cobr bans me from smashfu, but im not so ****ing thick headed to not see that smashfu is the only server to play people worth playing, and introducing new players to OH is toxic behavior that should not be tolerated, new players should not be introduced to such tomfoolery.

now after looking at his post history, tell me, what does he contribute?

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
literally everyone who is anyone thinks that this is smasherx. its obvious he's subtly trying to disrupt the community, and he has previously been banned here.

look at his ****ing post history. supporting some stupid **** backwards site for emulators (near said hosted a broken emulator) and does nothing but **** on smashfu and promoting a botnet ****ing kaillera server. i dont even ****ing play online and when i do cobr bans me from smashfu, but im not so ****ing thick headed to not see that smashfu is the only server to play people worth playing, and introducing new players to OH is toxic behavior that should not be tolerated, new players should not be introduced to such tomfoolery.

This is NOT the place for this kind of discussion. If you have an issue with another user and you wish to speak with Madao Madao about it, take it to a PM.

Uair

Banned via Warnings

MATTS! is the one who told me to use that site because SMASHBOARDS links had broken emulators that had popup errors.

I only played smasherx in smash64 apparently but I didn't know it. I'll continue linking www.pj64k.blogspot.com because it has a descriptive essay on how kaillera works, and has modern packages of every n64 netplay emulator bundle. I only started posting the link because I was told it's okay to link people to the updated server list. Go ahead and test it for your self instead of bashing me.

This is PJ64k from your site/smashboards index page - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bflqsc4sb2wv881/Project64kVE.zip

This is pj64k from that blogspot site - https://dl.dropbox.com/s/uiru9l62v9m9w2e/Project64k.zip

Download both in a Viirtual PC and run with Avast sandbox if you're so concerned. The smashboards emulator has popup errors (apparently from hex edits, and program editors), the Blogspot link has no popup errors and fullscreen works over kaillera.

Morin0

Smash Lord
It's not so much the bad emu linking but how well-versed you are with the 64 community despite being "new." Unless you claim to be a kaillera/online 64 vet -- in which case what's your real tag? I've been around too :)

Also, it doesn't help that your avatar is Mario. For some reason in all of Smasherx74's alts, Mario is connected somehow. Also, that's a nice username. My first smashboards username was "dair" :joyful:

Last edited:

Uair

Banned via Warnings
lol wut
MATTS! was literally on FU yesterday. LD is still on frequently
what really? What time est? I havent seen matts in forever or LD but i dont really get on much. Everytime i do it's dead.

smash64guy

Smash Rookie
what really? What time est? I havent seen matts in forever or LD but i dont really get on much. Everytime i do it's dead.
MATTS! usually comes on in the evenings. If you see a guy named "criminal record", thats frogles. Some other good players still play online but they just p2p amd dont play on server.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
MATTS! usually comes on in the evenings. If you see a guy named "criminal record", thats frogles. Some other good players still play online but they just p2p amd dont play on server.
Yeah I found that out after seeing that "random" get really good really fast. I was sort of disappointed it just ended up being frogles and not some new player who was really into smash.

Beets

Smash Apprentice
hello! i entered my third ever SSB64 tournament! i had a good time. i made a REALLY good video of my tournament run! hopefully i will be entering more events! enjoy!

smash64guy

Smash Rookie
I try to help people know not to waste their time with certain players.

On another note, you can't even make threads discussing players skill levels or speculate on who is better such as the thread I made asking if people think boomfan is better than isai. Some butthurt person will always ruin it talking about how much they don't care as if someone gives a crap what they don't like. Seriously this section of smashboards might as well be closed, it's a shadow of it's former self.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
I try to help people know not to waste their time with certain players.

On another note, you can't even make threads discussing players skill levels or speculate on who is better such as the thread I made asking if people think boomfan is better than isai. Some butthurt person will always ruin it talking about how much they don't care as if someone gives a crap what they don't like. Seriously this section of smashboards might as well be closed, it's a shadow of it's former self.
yo gav u should hit up el nino he should be near u maybe. play some console man. or just play with nino hes a good player. maybe carpool with him?

D

Deleted member

I hate to say it, but my Jigglypuff is better than my Yoshi. But Yoshi will always be number one in heart, no matter what!

Edit: I'm sure you've noticed, but yes I main both Jigglypuff and Yoshi now! ^_^)/

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
S smash64guy Dang it man, you beat me to it! lol. Yeah, that was incredible and the creativity for some of these were insane!

24:51, 36:21, and 51:31 were the ones that got me the most hype. Good stuff to all of the participants and I hope they do more of these in the future.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
This is NOT the place for this kind of discussion. If you have an issue with another user and you wish to speak with Madao Madao about it, take it to a PM.
This is another reason why this site is dead from the 64 side at least (idk bout the others). You guys have some of the stupidest rules I tell you what.

Also is it really worth keeping someone not banned when the rest of the community has already pointed out they don't like that particular person existing in the forum? There's a reason why the 64 community uses Facebook instead of trashboard, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true for other communities.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is another reason why this site is dead from the 64 side at least (idk bout the others). You guys have some of the stupidest rules I tell you what.

Also is it really worth keeping someone not banned when the rest of the community has already pointed out they don't like that particular person existing in the forum? There's a reason why the 64 community uses Facebook instead of trashboard, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same was true for other communities.
The rules are designed to give all users the best possible, clean, and mature experience. That way, the threads don't degenerate into a bunch of trollish, flamish, inappropriate, and/or trash posts.

As far as banning people goes....

It wouldn't be fair to ban someone just because others do not like him or suspect him/her for whatever else. If a user really dislikes someone, there is an ignore function for a reason, and anyone is free to use it.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Smasherx purposefully misinforms new players on this board about 64 and misguides them. He also links to his version of project 64 which at one point had a keylogger bundled with it.

D

Deleted member

In case you didn't notice, Yoshi Best! is now just YuMi and I, which it probably should have always been. I will not go into detail why I made this decision, but I felt it necessary to set the record straight. The videos series' of us both, will remain on my Youtube channel, as well as the videos of my second main, Jigglypuff. :3 We're all very much still friends, but it was for the best.

Top Bottom