• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
so for a refreshing change of scenery from all the luigi-bashing going around i'm going to list some fun facts about his moveset:

least amount of start-up lag for jab 1 (tied with mario, ness & pikachu at 1 frame, meaning can jab-grab.)
least amount of start-up lag for jab 2 (tied with kirby, mario, ness & yoshi at 2 frames.)
least amount of start-up lag for jab 3 (tied with mario at 2 frames; hitbox is pretty big.)
fastest dash attack to get a hitbox out (tied with donkey kong at 2 frames.)
only taunt to get a hitbox out at 47 frames (dash-taunt auto-cancels at an edge.)
fastest slow ledge attack (tied with mario & ness at 42 frames.)
most damaging forward throw in the game (i'm pretty sure.)
second-fastest up-tilt at a respectable 4 frames (fastest is 3.)
fastest down-tilt in the game at 2 frames (good way to combo into a grab.)
up-smash is quick at 6 frames & has invincibility frames.
down-smash stays out the longest (22 frames of edge/roll defense; also has second-least amount of ending lag at 15 frames.)
most maneuverable forward smash in the game (can aim it 5 directions, along with mario & samus.)
fastest up-air in the game (tied with mario at 1 frame, biz-nitches!)
fastest neutral-air in the game (tied with kirby, mario & pikachu at 2 frames.)
fastest standing projectile in the game to get a hitbox out (tied with mario at 15 frames.)
second-fastest air-projectile in the game (tied with mario at 15 frames; just behind fox's 14-frame air-laser.)
fastest up + 'b' in the game (tied with mario at 1 frame; 1% hitbox is probably a good clashing tool.)
fastest down + 'b' in the game (one of four in the game to have 0 start-up lag frames; the others belonging to mario, jiggs & fox.)
fastest edge-cancel by: initial-dash-grabbing an edge & immediately buffering 'z', backwards, forwards or down (5 frames i think?)
if struck down near a ledge or edge, back-rolling (no tech) to the edge of the platform or stage will result in an edge-cancel...

ah, that's much better. :)

edit: capos, just so you know, i wrote this before i read your post.

Last edited:

kys

Smash Ace
Anybody into these NBA finals?

I love how the Cavs are scrapping it up. And then you've got the Warriors with their new school ball movement. Great stuff, I hope it goes 7 games. I have no rooting interest, just hope the rest of the games are close like games 1-3 and not the blowout we had tonight.

Shears

Smash Master
I hate Lebron so I don't want him to win and I love Steph Curry so I do want him to win. The first couple games going to overtime and game 3 being so close with golden state almost rallying to win was great. I hope for a game 7 that ends in Lebron losing in a heartbreaking fashion to hold wise words true that God hates Cleveland.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
i follow elite chess tournaments... the u.s. champion (#3 rated player) just qualified for the world championship candidates tournament, so if he makes it through that we'll have a shot at the first american world chess champion since bobby fischer.

Last edited:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Will be fun to see

Also, (Legalize) Caruana is going to be playing for the USA so he might win it soon also, he has a better shot than the US player.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
caruana has dual italian & american citizenships, but doesn't he play for italy? also, when caruana is on form he's excellent, unfortunately he has faltered somewhat as of late; nakamura's record vs.carlsen is miserable (i think at least some of that can be attributed to nerves & over-aggression on the part of the american champ), but overall i favor the world #3's chances against the world champ over the italian champion's.

The Star King

Smash Hero
The stage is better off/more interesting without ledges.

It's not a very good competitive stage with or without ledges imo so only thing that matters is how interesting it is to play on the stage. Variety is the spice of life, adhering to the same stage principles for everything is not.

This message was brought to you by Sakurai himself.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
Yeah sakurai, your game was better with no ledges on pc, oh and kirbys utilt are great. and remember how you made luigi completely useless?

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
super-hype olikus i'd book vay-k for that shiz just to see it live & yeah shears i saw his dk loss in winner's finals so what he's gotta win every game or he's not good? :)

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
super-hype olikus i'd book vay-k for that shiz just to see it live & yeah shears i saw his dk loss in winner's finals so what he's gotta win every game or he's not good? :)
Yes he does. That tournament was a low tier tournament where all our top players didn't use their mains or any characters they are familiar with. There is no excuse to not win one of our low tier tournaments when you are trying to assert yourself as a good player, or trying to prove Luigi is good and break the tier list. Daniel, DarkHorse, and LD weren't using their best (second or even third) characters and Llod is a melee kid that has only played 64 like once before. He needs to come down on a real night where we all use our mains to prove himself, until then they're THE_MAAFRAUD brothers.

Top Bottom