• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
@ KoRoBeNiKi KoRoBeNiKi

Is there any particular reason that your name is spelled "korobeniki" as opposed to "korobeiniki", the more commonly accepted written form of the Russian word, "Коробейники"?
I wrote it wrong the first time. I kept on going with it.

also makes it easier to search for videos if I ever was gud (people could just quote that name instead of getting some excellent music)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hey man, you really should be a slowBro with more people.

Then you'll become more like The Star slowKing

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I finally looked at your location gif, Kahnu.

I rate it 6/10 and recommend you get a new gif to match your new avy. I'm interested to see what you'll do.

Armanderp

Smash Rookie
Hello, was wondering if there is a mod for Smash 64 where you can play on the Battlefield/Fighting Polygon Stage. Thanks

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
What input does he do to get the reverse ledge while on the stage? Away or towards samus? I remember reading it on the DI thread but couldn't find it when I looked briefly.
You DI towards the ledge.

cobr says you DI away from the ledge completely horizontally. He has better DI than me so I guess listen to him.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
I asked on skype, but I'll post it on here.

@Shalaka is having problems registering and he's in peru right now for the peru/chile tournament.

I can't pay for his registration myself, but I'm putting this out there for anyone who might be able to/willing. He can pay you back once he gets to Apex, but contact him directly through his swf account (or contact me and I'll give you his fb link) so that you can make arrangements with the guy

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668

@Shalaka is having problems registering and he's in peru right now for the peru/chile tournament.

I can't pay for his registration myself, but I'm putting this out there for anyone who might be able to/willing. He can pay you back once he gets to Apex, but contact him directly through his swf account (or contact me and I'll give you his fb link) so that you can make arrangements with the guy
Is there any specific problem he is having?

Sedda

Smash Champion
afaik he was leaving for peru and didnt have any of his payment information with him at the time. i dont know if he knew there was a deadline to sign up

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice

If no one else can I'd be willing to spot him, I just need to sign up on my phone which could be a pain in the ass

Sedda

Smash Champion
If no one else can I'd be willing to spot him, I just need to sign up on my phone which could be a pain in the ***
if you do that, make sure you speak (fb chat/whateveer) with him directly before you pay any money. pm me and ill give you his fb info so that you can contact him directly

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
You DI towards the ledge.

cobr says you DI away from the ledge completely horizontally. He has better DI than me so I guess listen to him.
I was playing my brother on console tonight and performed it somewhat accidentally. However, I do remember that I DI'd away from the ledge horizontally.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Double Posting Warning Received
hueheuheue

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suit case and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my Walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, homes to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

Last edited by a moderator:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I was playing my brother on console tonight and performed it somewhat accidentally. However, I do remember that I DI'd away from the ledge horizontally.
This is correct. The DI is away from the ledge horizontally. However, I've heard many testimonies claiming that you have to DI towards the ledge so... I suppose it could be worth testing. I wonder if it could work both ways?

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
This is correct. The DI is away from the ledge horizontally. However, I've heard many testimonies claiming that you have to DI towards the ledge so... I suppose it could be worth testing. I wonder if it could work both ways?
You never rated my location gif.

Top Bottom