• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
woah woah. If its purely based on flavor, pepperoni wins objectively in a landslide over ham. If you're factoring in fillingness/primariness of the meat, then I can see you going with ham though.

I've never met a single person who's told me in person that ham > pepperoni. At a party a few weeks ago (after all this pepperoni/ham talk on the boards), I asked a group of guys I was talking to, and EVERYONE went with pepperoni. Maybe ham is something different in australia? Like maybe you mean what Americans call bacon?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Wow haven't been on this site in months, well just wanted to say for those who cared to wonder where I've been, I have nothing against the community and in fact am proud over the success of the apex tournament, and just wanted to give a shout out to everyone and thank you all for the games. I've been forced into retirement for now and have been doing other things, but I do miss this game and would like to play everyone again someday in the future. :)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
You'll come back wotg. They always come back. You should come to Apex some time, its great fun.

Played online for the first time since Apex last night. Why is it like playing it mud? Gonna take forever to get used to it again. So easy to go online to console, so tough to go console to online.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
HI EVERYONE! :bee:

It’s good to be back! I’m sorry it’s been so long since I’ve been on here. I hope you’re all doing well. For those of you I saw at Apex, it was nice to meet/see you again.

Being that the players I train with and I don’t post on SWF, I understand that you guys don’t really know a lot about us as players. Having said that, I decided it would be best to clear up some of the confusion there is in terms of who we are and what we stand for as a crew.

Firstly, I can’t explain how thrilled we all are that we’ve been called “The NY Crew”. To us, being given a title like that is both an honor and a great achievement. However, we call ourselves by a different name, The Koroshiyo. We prefer being called The Koroshiyo over The NY Crew but The NY Crew is fine too. The members of The Koroshiyo are Skyfire, Stranded, Maliki and KeroKeroppi. Skyfire and Infamous_Diablo are the same person. He prefers Skyfire.

Ceasar is very close with the members of The Koroshiyo and plays with us pretty often. However, he is not officially a member of the crew (by choice).

It is true that the members of The Koroshiyo do train in secrecy. Some of you, however, have the wrong idea as to what exactly “training in secrecy” really means. To us, “training in secrecy” simply means that we keep to ourselves. There is definitely no official “secrecy pact” or anything. We just don’t feel a need to update the SSB community on how we are all progressing by posting videos or other things of that nature. We find it much more exciting to do our own thing and then see how well we all do at major smash events.

The members of The Koroshiyo VERY rarely play online. This is not because we have anything to hide, but simply because we find it un-enjoyable. The lag is too painful.

It is true that I generally don’t use my Pikachu in frendlies. However, this is NOT because my Pikachu is some sort of super secret lol. I used Pikachu a BUNCH during frendlies at Apex, just ask Tank, Sheer, Banze, Boom, B-Rex, Sensei, Jamie, Weedwack, Firo, YBOMBB, Ballin and just about everyone else except like Bovine, Clubba and KnitePhox. Fox and Falcon are my favorite characters to play as, that’s why I use them in frendlies. If I’m not using Pikachu, it doesn’t mean I’m sandbagging. It simply means that I’m not in the mood to use Pikachu. There is absolutely no rule that prohibits members of The Koroshiyo from using their mains in frendlies lol.

There is also no rule that prohibits us from using our real names on Facebook lol. I’m the only one who doesn’t use my real name on FB and that’s because I use my nickname from high school.

We do in fact play on flat screen TVs. We don’t notice any lag.

I’m not too sure what Clubba means when he says we were too uptight when we played. I can only speak for myself, but I was laughing and having a great time with who ever I played every time I played regardless of whether or not I was winning or losing. I would imagine Skyfire, Stranded, and Maliki were the same way. We’re all pretty cheery guys lol.

I’m also not too sure what the bovine means when he is talking about a Naruto fantasy or whatever. Uh I guess when you look back at my smash career up to this point it is kind of sort of some what like Naruto’s ninja career but IDK. That wasn’t intentional. I just want to be the best Super Smash Bros. player in the world, by default that sounds a lot like an anime fantasy. WHATEVER.

My reasoning for not taking the bovines money was simple. When I first made an account on here, the bovine was the only person that believed in me. When I finally got online hooked up, he was the first person to beat me. I would not have rather had it any other way. I really respect Battlecow as a player and hoped that one day I would be able to give him my all in a rematch. I knew by agreeing to play the bovine in a 50$ money match I’d be given a chance to play him at his very best. I also knew that if I were able to beat him, I would have not only regained my honor, but I would have proven to him and to everyone else that I’m not the scrub I used to be. To me, taking the 50$ would deteriorate the true purpose of that money match. To me, that money match was about pride.

All in all, I just want to say thanks. I admire so many of you so much and it was such an honor to have met and played games with a lot of you at Apex. Some of you have given me such amazing compliments. I wish there was a way to show you how much each and every one them meant to me. This is DEFINITELY not the last you’ll hear from The Koroshiyo and DEFINITELY not the last you’ll hear from me. I promise good things from all of us in the future.

I can’t wait to see you all again.

Until then, Koroshiyo out! Cashbah! :cool:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Welcome back

People who haven't been around for a while (Kero, wotg, Sangoku) all kind of returning

To this day I still don't get how Battlecow is "the only player who believed in you" but OK

clubbadubba

Smash Master
An example of what I meant by uptight was I was playing one of you(I think stranded) and he insisted that I play one of my good characters, I assume so he could see if he could beat my best.

Very much like you did with bcow in the MM, but the difference is bcow agreed to it and it wasn't in the middle of some random friendlies. Not a big deal, I just felt like when I played you guys in friendlies winning was a bigger deal than when I played other people.

Oh and thanks for clearing up the secrecy pact lol, what I originally thought it was was something very absurd. I never feel like playing pikachu either. Yet somehow he's still one of my best characters... stupid rat

TANK64

Smash Lord
I think stranded) and he insisted that I play one of my good characters, I assume so he could see if he could beat my best.

Very much like you did with bcow in the MM, but the difference is bcow agreed to it and it wasn't in the middle of some random friendlies. Not a big deal, I just felt like when I played you guys in friendlies winning was a bigger deal than when I played other people.
Yeah Stranded did the same with me lol. He would always ask for friendlies after we just played a bunch. Probably played him more than most anyone there lol. Then he asked me to be my best char, and then to mm. I was also weirded out at first since they take friendlies too seriously, but I think they just like the challenge from played someone good when they're trying hard. After I realized that, we could properly bro out.

But they would find challenges more often if they consistently played with the community.

Just sayin' :p

<3

$0.50 mm stranded eventually. Got that money :cool: .
(he did take a game off though. He's pretty good)

--Also, like everyone is bad against Yoshi lol. With VERY few exceptions.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Kero I think battlecattle is the only one that thinks you guys have weird secrecy pacts or something. He's smashboards gossip girl.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to win in friendlies either. If people want my Yoshi in friendlies I'm gonna try to 3-5 stock them. It's fun to pwn.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Kero, tell Stranded that Mom wants him home for dinner by 7, and that if he's having any problems with bullies in school, I'll take care of it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol sheer so not even keeled on the internet

It defs is a secret conspiracy

chi-town vs koroshiyo would be hype

we'd tap

playing to win in friendlies is cool

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Great to know things turned out very well for Kero, SkyFire, Maliki, and Stranded. I had faith that they would prove themselves worthy at Apex ever since I first met Kero about 3 months ago.

Zack353

Smash Ace
Hm. If Genesis ends up being as big as Apex or nearly as big I might have to make the drive over there

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Kero I think battlecattle is the only one that thinks you guys have weird secrecy pacts or something. He's smashboards gossip girl.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to win in friendlies either. If people want my Yoshi in friendlies I'm gonna try to 3-5 stock them. It's fun to pwn.
I'm going to be able to play soon I think, so I will take that challenge as always.

Top Bottom