• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
So one of the writers I contacted said the news has to be up to date, but the news he posted recently was created on December, and the Smash 64 articles where made in February.... Why does no one appreciate or care about the 64 community? :(

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
So one of the writers I contacted said the news has to be up to date, but the news he posted recently was created on December, and the Smash 64 articles where made in February.... Why does no one appreciate or care about the 64 community? :(
Because they just don't care and believe their unbalanced game is superior and deserves to overshadow other smash games.

@caneut
that pic is hilarious

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I procrastinate way too hard

Apex Attendance Record

I know there were a ton of DQ's and players like battlecow were known not to be going for a while before the event, but I'm doing this strictly on a registered player basis. If I choose to remove players that are DQ'd, I'd be cherrypicking and would have to look into which players other years got DQ'd for not showing up and stuff so it's easier to be consistent by just listing players registered for 64.

Last edited:

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
I saw your post on the front page, dude. I don't understand why it has to be a new article to be published. I mean, it's new to a ton of players who haven't seen it. It sucks because it's still news regardless of the date but... discrepancies. The semi-ironic part is that we've been trying to get a news article ever since that Grantland article came out... which was February 18th. It's almost like they waited until it wasn't fresh news. I'm going to go rustle someone's jimmies or something. I won't let us get shafted like that. I'm tired of the 64 community getting the shortest stick. every. time.

Shears

Smash Master
I saw your post on the front page, dude. I don't understand why it has to be a new article to be published. I mean, it's new to a ton of players who haven't seen it. It sucks because it's still news regardless of the date but... discrepancies. The semi-ironic part is that we've been trying to get a news article ever since that Grantland article came out... which was February 18th. It's almost like they waited until it wasn't fresh news. I'm going to go rustle someone's jimmies or something. I won't let us get shafted like that. I'm tired of the 64 community getting the shortest stick. every. time.
Its because they're all jealous their ****ty games didn't get a Grantland article.

I think you cut off the time stamp, because it's gotta be this one

http://youtu.be/mYCmj2Jc768?t=13m4s

Really this whole match is great.
It was supposed to be that one. The timestamp must have gotten screwed up when I copied and pasted it.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
as the z once said,
"**** melee"

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
So I was thinking about what SmashCapps said
SmashCapps is always looking for awesome video tutorials for all of the Smash games. Follow him on Twitter and tweet him links to excellent content so he can cover them in articles!

I'm going to suggest Nate's videos for advanced stuff in smash64. Hope SmashCapps finally posts something.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
Holy **** these front page writers are ASSHOLES they do NOT read my messages and they just ****ing ignore me and everybody else pretending like they give a ****! Honestly tired of this ****ty ass website.

Shears

Smash Master
Holy **** these front page writers are *******S they do NOT read my messages and they just ****ing ignore me and everybody else pretending like they give a ****! Honestly tired of this ****ty *** website.
I honestly never visit the front page so I have no idea whats going on. My smashboards bookmark is straight to the 64 section.

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
Did they actually read your message? The Derrit read mine but there was no reply. SmashCapps replied to Maaf but it was a vague reply. I can understand being too busy to reply but ignoring several people is kinda ridiculous. I don't even care if we start to annoy people with our article requests. We have just as much of a right to exposure as every other game out there.

I have mid-terms right now so I can't type a lengthy post about this yet...

@ Shears Shears It's the first thing a lot of other smashers look at when they visit Smashboards. I sometimes question what kind of players we'd actually attract if we had an article. I've roughly deduced it down to this:

1. Sm4sh players that act like morons and ask ridiculous questions in thread and post form
2. Players who come over here to say, "Wut? this game isn't dead like brawl? lololllololollo."
3. Purely nostalgists that reminisce and don't actually play anymore. Also die-hard gameplay theorists (e.g. tier arguments)
4. People who sincerely want to play and stick around. There's likely only a couple dozen or so people in this category.

The amount of players that would actually play 64 as a main event is pretty low, honestly. Instead, people would just sign up for 64 because there's a bracket for it at their local Melee/Sm4sh tourney. I'd prefer numbers and passionate players...

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
hey guys can you show me something funny or something i've been really depressed and have been taking pills and i just need cheering up right now

Morin0

Smash Lord
I dunno what you're talking about. I had the same problem when I first started out. I couldn't go to anything because I didn't drive. Nowadays I just have money and school johnz

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I dunno what you're talking about. I had the same problem when I first started out. I couldn't go to anything because I didn't drive. Nowadays I just have money and school johnz
**** you turned it on me

anyways i'm more online than console because not too many people in my area care about 64

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Yo so I just created a Clan for Kailerria (or however you spell it) and it's called No Tiers (like no tears) and it's a clan with people maining low tier Characters :3 so far it's
Me: Luigi
@ Kahnu Kahnu : Donkey Kong
If you wanna join then tell me your character and we'll play online, then you're in.
This clan is pretty much for online, and you aren't forced to play a low tier forever, just represent your low tier character and show that they can whoop some serious A** :3

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
So I have Smash Bros on my Wii U. I was wondering if there could be some sort of adapter where N64 controller is treated like a Classic Controller?

Annex

Smash Ace
Maybe
There are USB N64 controllers available online (which I think could work?) and there are N64 -> GC adapters around that you could then plug into the WiiU GC adapter. Theres also N64 -> USB adapters. I've not heard of this before though

As a word of caution, that version isn't a perfect port and can drop frames. If you're interested in 64 I'd recommend looking into online emulator netplay for your PC/Mac. You can use any controller you can get plugged into your computer, and adapters for N64 to USB by raphnet or mayflash are about $20. Information about that is in the index
Welcome to 64 n stuff

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
So I have Smash Bros on my Wii U. I was wondering if there could be some sort of adapter where N64 controller is treated like a Classic Controller?
i see you live in Orlando. Do you ever go to the monthly or weekly tournaments held by gaming knights near UCF? they recently started hosting for smash 64 at the monthly tourneys and they host the other smash games as well

Top Bottom