• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
A copy/paste message from a member of the welcoming committee here on Smashboards:

"Welcome to the boards~
Check out here for help finding smashers or a scene in your area!
http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/
For online matches try here
3DS
and here
WiiU
Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters!
Smash 4
Project M
Melee
"

A part of me feels like we're not on this list because we're disorganized in our character discussion thread...
The other part of me is salty because I feel like we're getting shafted by our own welcoming committee...

I would message the guy and ask him to add us to this list of links but we're not well organized. THIS is the most action that we get from new players in the community. *sigh*

We need to get this place organized. Someone in this community needs privileges to help do things like this. I don't know what kind of privileges are needed to do this but if it can be done, it would be a good start to facilitating growth.

Sedda

Smash Champion
well that's bull****.

yes, this place needs to be organized a little bit, but i think 64 is the only game for which top players from NA actually frequent the boards anymore.

Shears

Smash Master
well that's bull****.

yes, this place needs to be organized a little bit, but i think 64 is the only game for which top players from NA actually frequent the boards anymore.
Thats exactly what Nintendude said on stream last night. Apparently smashboards is composed of noob scrubs who know nothing about the game, and 64 players. I guess thats why the hitlers of the world started taking interest in our forum.

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
I agree, I'm not big into social media ( I don't need no one in ma business!!) but I was curious if 64 had any kind of twitter or Facebook presence? Is that our fault for not having a larger online presence, or is that run by higher powers that look over us because were not large enough or vocal enough about it?

Sedda

Smash Champion
I agree, I'm not big into social media ( I don't need no one in ma business!!) but I was curious if 64 had any kind of twitter or Facebook presence? Is that our fault for not having a larger online presence, or is that run by higher powers that look over us because were not large enough or vocal enough about it?
http://www.meleeitonme.com/i-want-to-get-into-smash-64-where-do-i-start/

here you go dude. pidge wrote this a week ago or so.

you can probably find twitch channels through that as well.

Shears

Smash Master
We've been on tweeter for about a week now. There is the east coast ssb facebook page and I imagine there are some for other scenes as well.

anonymouschris01

Smash Apprentice
http://www.meleeitonme.com/i-want-to-get-into-smash-64-where-do-i-start/

here you go dude. pidge wrote this a week ago or so.

you can probably find twitch channels through that as well.
Wow that was actually a fantastic article. I'm almost tempted to get twitter and follow a lot of those guys. I think with retro gaming becoming popular I wouldn't be surprised to see 64 really blow up in popularity, especially with a new smash game (that kinda sucks and is really slow and boring to watch haha) to shed light on the community as a whole. I know just personally, before apex, my buddy and I had no one to play with in our area to practice, and right afterwards we now have 6 solid players all within a half hour of each other, and a bar that hosts smash nights every Monday with a good amount of people showing up and taking interest in a 16 year old game.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
When you have 2 other people in your lobby for a game and you kick one and immediately start the game (call that a kickstarter)

#justkaillerathings

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I usually post in chat, or change my status message for when people join. Unless it's someone with over 100 ping, which in case.

The general chat is: HI CAN YOU START. HEY START THE GAME. START THE GAME. I DO NOT LAG. and they have 120 ping with Average Connection type.

#SóloKaileraCosas

Last edited:

Madao

A part of me feels like we're not on this list because we're disorganized in our character discussion thread...
The other part of me is salty because I feel like we're getting shafted by our own welcoming committee...

I would message the guy and ask him to add us to this list of links but we're not well organized. THIS is the most action that we get from new players in the community. *sigh*

We need to get this place organized. Someone in this community needs privileges to help do things like this. I don't know what kind of privileges are needed to do this but if it can be done, it would be a good start to facilitating growth.
I'll try to pay more attention to places I don't frequent too often. I think it's possible that we also aren't included because our section is infamous, apparently ;/ . We should write more guides or something. That may help, imo.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Thats exactly what Nintendude said on stream last night. Apparently smashboards is composed of noob scrubs who know nothing about the game, and 64 players. I guess thats why the hitlers of the world started taking interest in our forum.
Smash 64 players are actually good?
Pshhh, they're genetically inferior and we're actually here to cleanse you.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings

SSBPete

Smash Lord
hey guys, you may have noticed i haven't been very active in the forums for the past year or so. i've been extremely busy with work, uni and my gf and haven't had much time to play smash. luckily everything has settled down and i'm available to get back into the scene.
the first step i'm taking is to reboot my youtube channel which i used to frequently upload combos to. so far i've cleaned it up a bit, changed the url and made playlists for most of my videos.
i've noticed my fan base is growing, not declining, which is great motivation to continue making videos. my 'guide to essential combos' uncompleted series already has well over 12k views (which is a decent amount for 64 videos) and many comments asking when ill finish it off. that will be my next step. i've noticed their has been a lot of discussion about how to increase popularity in 64 and this will be my way of contributing.
beyond that i'm not sure exactly what ill do with my channel. possibly upload more 1 off combos or even more tutorial videos. i'm not short on ideas though. i've been thinking up a lot of new, creative combos lately and cant wait to test them out. i've also considered making tutorial videos on many different branches of smash that haven't got much exposure, such as how to improve as a player by understanding the meta-game.
the plan is to upload at least once a month, but ideally id like to upload once a week, depending on how efficient i am.
for those of you who have never visited my channel, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/c/petecharalambous
me at my peak technical skill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVVKA-ncx8
me at my peak creativity (also nostalgia): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aI7T3D-_7k
hopefully i can reach the level i used to be at within a few months and continue positing videos of that nature/standard.

for my long term plans i am desperate to visit another apex. apex 2014 was one of the best weekends of my life, and, after hearing all the stories from apex 2015 i've already started saving for 2016.

thanks for reading gents, would be great to hear from you all.

Sedda

Smash Champion
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

once kero starts making his tutorials, we should probably make a new video thread for all of the current content creators

@ Madao Madao

what does kero have to do to get unbanned? he bought a capture card recently and wants to start making videos but he cant post on swf lol

Last edited:

Madao

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

once kero starts making his tutorials, we should probably make a new video thread for all of the current content creators

@ Madao Madao

what does kero have to do to get unbanned? he bought a capture card recently and wants to start making videos but he cant post on swf lol
Idk tbh. It's not up to me who gets banned / unbanned. It would be a tough case for him. He would have to prove that he has changed for the better.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
in all seriousness this wasn't funny at all and i am reporting you to ins
Is this the part where I mention my family history and how if any family member of said generation (alive or in heaven) knew I joked about such a thing I'd probably get spiritually disinherited.

But alas cannot help but chuckle at the notion this is the ghetto.

Also I mentioned this in passing to several people around here, but a clean up/restructure of the boards here would be good, but 2lazy5now (for those who didn't know, I've been traveling in the US for the last two months, I even got to meet Shears :p, and I haven't been doing any particular 'modwork' during that time so the notion fell to the backburner).

Basically Meta board (rulesets + character discussions), Custom content (videos/media, hacking, etc) and the main forum being more geared towards a social portal/tournaments/etc.
Oh and probably a locked but publicly readable archive for everything else old that wouldn't fit.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Shaya I saw you at the hotel, but I was buried in the other room and was too lazy to come out and say hi

and guess what

i dont regret it

Shears

Smash Master
Fireblaster and I met shaya and he seemed very friendly and like a pretty cool guy, however; the biggest problem I had with him was the fact that he was human. I've always liked to think of mods as extensions of smashboards authority and more of a functioning idea than something that is organic and relatable. Meeting shaya in person was like finding out santa claus wasn't this magical omnipresent thing and really just your human neighbor in a costume.

Shears

Smash Master
I couldn't decide which one to use. One was going to be regular life stuff, aka when I'm working at the bar, or whatever else normal ppl tweet about, and DI Joe was supposed to be strictly for smash. Anyways, seems I only tweet about smash so...
Tl;Dr I suck at social media
On stream the other day I couldn't remember the word for the action of posting something to twitter and I believe I called it tweetering to a couple thousand viewers who are all twitter savvy.

Sedda

Smash Champion
On stream the other day I couldn't remember the word for the action of posting something to twitter and I believe I called it tweetering to a couple thousand viewers who are all twitter savvy.
people were rolling in the chat

Top Bottom