• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

dandan

Smash Lord
no >< for some reason, no adapter works with the hori pad and i think it is just a driver issue, I don't think a driver has been made to support the hori's joystick yet.
i would have tried if i had the pad and the adaptoid, or i would at least get my friend who works in the field, and has made drivers before try.
but it would not be easy, that is for sure.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
no >< for some reason, no adapter works with the hori pad and i think it is just a driver issue, I don't think a driver has been made to support the hori's joystick yet.
Maybe we could ask our new hacking hero Nokaubure XD

I love to play on console with the Hori minipad and i'd love even more to be able to play online with it

Battlecow

Play to Win
Playing smash while incredibly sick with a bunch of Console noobs and a wheelbarrow full of sunflower seeds and doritos.

Best time of my life. You guys should all try it.

malva00

Smash Master
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2QPC4ZXV

Here are two save files you can load if you wanna play around with hitbox Link (one with just hitbox link and another with a 5 stock giant DK you can hit around). Saves time if you don't wanna activate cheats and stuff. You have to configure controls for Player 3 to control link.

On my pj64k, if you don't kill player 4 before the match starts (with jab/bomb/maybe something else), then 99% chance it'll freeze when doing a lot of hitbox link's moves.

looks like the two lone hitboxes from Link's up B move above link if it's a slide off up B

malva00

Smash Master
(11:37:12 PM) Not Frogles: whats google street view lol
(11:37:33 PM) malva00: you don't know what google street view is?
(11:37:44 PM) malva00: lol
(11:38:05 PM) Not Frogles: what im sure more people dont know google street view

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Update on DK's "Taunt dodge" glitch: DK does not in fact use his ducking hitboxes for his taunt.

I think there is, however, an alternate explanation...
What's the point of having hitboxes outside of the 2-D plane? >_>
to catch people when they sidestep
^_^
These words may be truer than you think. If you look carefully, DK's head projects out of the plane considerably during his taunt (his whole body is slanted toward us). If Fox's lasers only travel along the one centered plane, it might be that DK's head is stuck out just far enough to dodge it. As for his hands, well, they are simply not there.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm kind of in awe of the creating stages thing. The **** we could pull if someone really mastered it... Think battlefield or FD without ledges of death, or ridiculous bumper stages, or what have you. I guess it's amazing to me because I've never really messed around with created stages in melee/brawl.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
clearly Malva and Isai r 2 different people...
Nah....assume the reason he consider himself Malva and Isai is because if he ever lost online, people can't say "I beat Isai" because Isai only exist offline~wise. In other words if you played Isai offline and won, then you actually beat Isai. Malva and Isai are both Joel, but Isai is not associated with Malva in any way. So if you ever said you beat Isai your saying, you actually played him face to face.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
The reason he probably uses Malva as an online name instead of Isai is to keep people from saying they actually beat him. Since Joel knows P2P isn't perfect as the actual N64, he uses the nickname Malva to keep the Isai from defeated. Since lag can completely **** people up he uses Malva in case there was a time he did lost. If P2P was as perfect as the N64 I bet Malva would be associated with Isai or Malva wouldn't exist period. So that concludes the Malva theory lol XD

malva00

Smash Master
I've used the name malva online long before I ever played ssb online. Look at my join date. Should I use my real name for everything that I do on the internet?

Just because I use the name malva, does that mean it really stops people from saying they beat Isai? You think people don't know who I am? lol If they say they "I beat Isai" then you would have to ask "did you beat him online or on console?" The name malva just makes the whole process faster, as it's another way of saying "Isai online." Even so, it's just a name I picked when I decided to join gameFAQs in 2000 to post on the Perfect Dark board, and that carried on to other online stuff. The name was not created for SSB online or anything having to do with SSB.

If the internet was the same as real life, then I bet Korrupshen wouldn't exist period.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
what do you think about ssb offline where you're just playing on the emulator without kaillera

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Anyways, how do you remove those **** borders in Project64.

Thats one thing I hate about PRJ64. I remember playing N64 at a hotel in florida. I rented SSB64 and me and my bro beat the game the whole game in the hotel, but that was about 4 or 5 years ago. I still will choose N64 over Kaillera anyday.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I've used the name malva online long before I ever played ssb online. Look at my join date. Should I use my real name for everything that I do on the internet?

Just because I use the name malva, does that mean it really stops people from saying they beat Isai? You think people don't know who I am? lol If they say they "I beat Isai" then you would have to ask "did you beat him online or on console?" The name malva just makes the whole process faster, as it's another way of saying "Isai online." Even so, it's just a name I picked when I decided to join gameFAQs in 2000 to post on the Perfect Dark board, and that carried on to other online stuff. The name was not created for SSB online or anything having to do with SSB.

If the internet was the same as real life, then I bet Korrupshen wouldn't exist period.
lol true.....true, but clearly some ppl like CA5H don't know Isai and Malva are the same person :\

dch111

Smash Journeyman
why dun you test it with a laser next to his hitbox head THEN
Because I didn't actually get the cheats to work and was just working off the Link and DK save files courtesy of the Japanese URL you provided. I'm pretty bad with computer things in general...that was all I could get to work. Anyways, thanks for confirming it ^___^.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice if someone uploaded the save files for the hitboxes of each character HINT HINT :) :) :)

malva00

Smash Master
It would be nice if someone uploaded the save files for the hitboxes of each character HINT HINT :) :) :)
Getting a hitbox character is the easiest thing in the world. I've already explained in the FD topic what cheats you need enabled.

It'll be much easier once there's a normal hitbox cheat and you could use them anywhere, but I'm still trying to get every hitbox characterby itself with the camera directly on the hitbox character. So far I have Link and Falcon. I've already posted the saves for Link earlier in this topic.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
^
Lol google pacman. I thought there were more levels but apparently theres only 1.
I played pacman when i was like 5 years old, that was an "anger factory" game when you reached the "too hard" level

dandan

Smash Lord
^
Lol google pacman. I thought there were more levels but apparently theres only 1.
I played pacman when i was like 5 years old, that was an "anger factory" game when you reached the "too hard" level
there are no hard levels, there are novice players ;)

Top Bottom