• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

malva00

Smash Master
I get "Mr. help tall" and "???" for the two names in the G column on Babylon translate. I don't know Japanese so can you put the English sounding name of each? For example, Jousuke, Takamitsu etc. as opposed to 皆さん
maybe once the column is populated. I put Jousuke in there myself just to make it less empty (he's going to be around maybe the whole time I'm there)... and 皆さん means everyone since it's the tournament day... you're not missing out on much yet...

Let's play the GUESSING GAME. Who can guess why I'm going to pick Fox in the Japanese tourney? Winner gets a prize.

kys

Smash Ace
because you want to win?????????????????????????????????????????????
IDK

AA got ninja'd hard. It's embarassing..

Sangoku

Smash Master
Because of the invincibility at the beginning of the upb? Because of the almost lack of DI to the drills? Probably something about the girlfriend asking though.

malva00

Smash Master
NOPE EVERYONE is wrong so far

gf has nothing to do with it
has nothing to do with the game differences
"because I feel like it" is too vague this time

kys is closest but he's on the wrong track.

the ANSWER ISSSS:

BECAUSE FOX PROVIDES A GOOD BALANCE BETWEEN FUN AND GETTING TO PLAY MORE ONE-GAME TOURNAMENT SETS

*packs up prize and leaves*

Morin0

Smash Lord
Because you think Fox is a fun character, and you don't care if you win or lose.

EDIT: Going off of what TIMO said, you want to play Fox 'cause people hardly play him, and you want to win with a character that hardly makes it to top 8 or something.

malva00

Smash Master
Because you think Fox is a fun character, and you don't care if you win or lose.

EDIT: Going off of what TIMO said, you want to play Fox 'cause people hardly play him, and you want to win with a character that hardly makes it to top 8 or something.
I care if I win or lose. I usually do, just maybe not as much as other people. It's not because people hardly play him. If everyone played as Link, I wouldn't avoid Link just because of that. Nice tries NEAR.

I don't understand why you kept playing the game after it ended, but sorry for ending it too soon. :sadsheep:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
prediction for isai's predictions:

jousuke
isai
kikoushi
Red coming out of retirement for one last go

Battlecow

Play to Win
Isai would BALL SO HARD if it was on LAME HIDERULE

I think he'll still win on DL

Remember we've seen his fox wup kikoushi (at least in U) on DL before

but how well does he know the samus matchup?

but fox sammy is pretty good

I bet he'll win

We're getting more INFORMATION than usual, I like it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
well hopefully they seed it so we can potentially get an isai/jousuke gf. I wanna see a bo3 between them rather than a bo1

malva00

Smash Master
oh yeah recording equipment huh. does that mean you guys don't want me shuffling around my VHS tapes? XD

quick tell me what to buy for my laptop before I leave next Tuesday and it's too late. no input delay stuff please

well hopefully they seed it so we can potentially get an isai/jousuke gf. I wanna see a bo3 between them rather than a bo1
Isai vs Jousuke 12 Character Battle sounds more interesting to me :p

clubbadubba

Smash Master
oh yeah recording equipment huh. does that mean you guys don't want me shuffling around my VHS tapes? XD

quick tell me what to buy for my laptop before I leave next Tuesday and it's too late. no input delay stuff please

VHS tapes are awesome. Some open mic stuff would be cool though. Only if you trash talk while playing though.

12 char sounds better you right. Predictions for the 12 char battle? Will the champion of 12 chars go down?

Morin0

Smash Lord
I care if I win or lose. I usually do, just maybe not as much as other people. It's not because people hardly play him. If everyone played as Link, I wouldn't avoid Link just because of that. Nice tries NEAR.

I don't understand why you kept playing the game after it ended, but sorry for ending it too soon. :sadsheep:
My answer was before your edit. <__<

I like VHS tape quality. It's like a runback to all the old ISAI vids.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't believe you Isai. The real reason you're going Fox is because you're gonna do Fox dittos on Yoshi's Story with Jousuke, and do Prince's cloud cancel DSmash -> Up-B combo on him. Nice TRY trying to hide the truth.

nah Red too good on commentary. Orion for 4th.

There's a Japanese Orion? I remember a few years back there was a Pikachu (IIRC) player on kaillera named Orion. Maybe he went to Japan and became an ultra god :awesome:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord

laptop with some hard drive space (~50GB or more??) or a portable external hard drive
usb capture card with recording software
3 RCA Y splitters 1male end, 2 female ends
1 rca a/v YELLOW/WHITE/RED cable with all 6 plugs being male
connect them up like this

HAHA quick paint from january..
if you cant get all this in time, VHS of course

there is no delay with this setup.the ONLY downside is having to re-adjust colors on the TV; my capture card in particular takes green and blue out of the image, making the game on the tv look more red. to fix it, i just turn up the blue + green or turn down the red and adjust brightness.

you are also able to STREAM and RECORD at the same time like this.

quick reference links
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=15-144-044

http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-RCA-Splitter-Male-Female/dp/B000V1JUJU

http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-Audio-Video-Cable-feet/dp/B000V0DY7U

i recommend going to radio shack for the non capture card stuff

Battlecow

Play to Win

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^Also what is the desired alternative to force feeding inmates on hunger strikes? Let them starve? Give in to the prisoners demands?

Top Bottom