• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm always hesitant to use public transportation. it takes an extra hour or two and i'm with a bunch of strange people and tramps and vagrants and vagabonds and i have to sit next to someone and my neighbor probably won't appreciate how loud my headphones can get and if the tournament is at like 2pm i have to be up at 6 which let's be real isn't going to happen and if it's at 7pm that's easier but still a bus.

i'll see in coming weeks.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Cobr the patrician

wouldn't want to soil his flowing robes fraternizing with the common folk

Now if you'll excuse him he's got to go play the grahnd piahno and call his father "father."

asianaussie

Smash Hero
australia to korea was anywhere from 8 to 13 frames

cant see taiwan being much better

our internet is ****

also i think there are like a total of four people playing anymore, three if you discount me (because i cant even short hop consistently on my new keyboard ugh)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Can anyone give me the kaillera file that works with Japanese characters?

I finally played someone named kai. Problem is, I have 2 frames in the morning, then as the time goes on, it raises up to 6 frames. He told me he's not that good, so I guess he's the average player in Japan. I'd say he's a-tier in Europe and probably NA too (based on my games vs WOTG at 5 frames only). He said Jousuke is still the best and he has never beaten him.

I recorded some, but it was like constant 50-55 fps and I had 4 frames, so I don't know if it's worth uploading.

Main Japanese server's IP: 114.190.225.24:27888

edit: aa if you want to try p2p nonetheless, we can try when my ping is the lowest, maybe it won't be that bad (as I said, I get 2 frames in the main Japanese server...).

Sangoku

Smash Master
I played another random player. I had 5 frames, he had 1, and although he won most of the games, he's definitely beatable. His Yoshi was real good though. So yeah, I'd say average level in Japan is between high B to A tier.

Emmi

Smash Rookie
hi guys, i'm a smash 64 player from australia, a few friends have often told me to make a smashboards account... and i've finally made one lol, nice to meet you all :)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Oh I've seen these combos and I thought Emmi Zhang was someone renamed by dumb youtube. 你是中国人吗?

And clubba, click on the names and you can sometimes see the name or pictures.

Sangoku

Smash Master
我是混血,母亲是中国人。我还在学中文。

How long did you train to have that techskill?

Looks like nobody cares, but here's my review of today's smash against the Japanese: dude was surprised I had been playing since 2010 and still sucked haha. My johns : I had 5 frames, it lagged and it was the J version. I told him there weren't many players in Europe.

Emmi

Smash Rookie
哦哦, 你说的很好嘻嘻, 我是上海人 :)

umm well my brother showed me the game in 2010, back then i just play for fun and then he often beat me~ so then i try to get better and started practicing, now he cant beat me hehe

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wait is emmi a real person

Those combos are actually really impressive, I thought they were just one of the old aussies under an alt?

W/e still SKEPTICAL

but good combos tho

Zeds

Smash Apprentice
sangoku i like hearing about your playtime with the japanese
this thread is where squall writes his journal entries, you didnt know that?

DAY 4: The Japanese are everywhere. I can't hold out much longer. This dude i just played said he sucked but he was definitely A Tier here. I don't think i'll last the night.

DAY 5: *static*

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wait is emmi a real person

Those combos are actually really impressive, I thought they were just one of the old aussies under an alt?

W/e still SKEPTICAL

but good combos tho
why lol

well I think I know why

based on some old quotes from you

that would be a lot of effort for an ALT though

cuz she posted her combos in the Facebook group so yeah there's a legit-looking Facebook account backing it up

sangoku i like hearing about your playtime with the japanese
me too

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean have you ever seen someone good just sort of start playing?

Unless they're from like south america it doesn't happen

but whatever

The Star King

Smash Hero
I mean have you ever seen someone good just sort of start playing?

Unless they're from like south america it doesn't happen

but whatever
She's been around for a decent while I think. Based on the Facebook posts.

We just don't know about it cuz we're not Australian

Sedda

Smash Champion
Maybe she just has natural faster-than-average reflexes or something

Also, I like hearing about your quest to find the ideal online training buddies, Sangoku. You should start a journal.

Sangoku

Smash Master
that reminds me

I've been meaning to ask you, Sangoku

how did you learn to TAS

TEACH ME
Tambor showed me the basics. I can do the same to you if you want. But all you need is patience and/or good knowledge of the game, which I don't have. That's why I don't make TAS combos/matches.

emmi is really good
Thank you for the useful info, we couldn't tell based on the vids :happysheep:

Concerning emmi, I think I remember when ricky came out and people were skeptical, someone said we shouldn't assume TAS before being proven otherwise because that would be ****ty from our community. We should first trust someone as legit, then we could be shown wrong.

IDK if it's the right attitude lol.

Any Aussie played Emmi on console?

Top Bottom