• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I have made a third drawing with the graphic tablet, o think I'm getting the hang of this.
20191228_174427.png

I've kinda been wanting to revisit DQ8 but I've been too busy to do it. So instead I drew one of its characters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My problem with my left joycon drifting finally got to the point where I had to send it in for repairs. They’re doing it completely free thank goodness. I bought a pro controller to use in the interim (and so that I could finally have more than 1(2) switch controllers for multiplayer. Plus this will feel better in tv mode.

D

Deleted member

My problem with my left joycon drifting finally got to the point where I had to send it in for repairs. They’re doing it completely free thank goodness. I bought a pro controller to use in the interim (and so that I could finally have more than 1(2) switch controllers for multiplayer. Plus this will feel better in tv mode.
you only had the 2 controllers that came with the switch this entire time?
Granted a pair of 2 are 70, so idk, but pretty sure even on minimum wage that’s pocket change.
The problem is when you have to budget everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Really nice drawing of my favourite DQ8 character.
Hero is my favorite character

While I haven't finished DQ8 and would probably lean more towards Angelo as my favorite character for now (mostly because he shares the same voice actor as Alvis from Xenoblade), Jessica is definitely second place.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Thats always been one of the biggest problems with Zelda puzzles, that there's only one specific solution players are expected to come to on their own.

OoT3D / Skyward Sword / ALBW all have hint systems to help players when they get stuck, but those aren't much better then using walk throughs.

That said, Wind Waker's puzzles tend to be more intuitive and follow a theme through each dungeon, which can make it harder to get stuck. Breath of the Wild has more physics-based puzzles with multiple solutions, and most of them are optional to boot. I'd recommend trying one of those two if you want to get into the series.
I have played BotW, and enjoyed it. The shrine puzzles being physics based made it way easier and more fun to figure them out. I got stuck sometimes, but they're optional so I would just look for another one that I could beat. I've never finished the game, because taking my time and doing what I felt like was fun enough. I might finish it some day though, and I'm pretty sure I beat all the Divine Beast dungeons.

My only issue with BotW is more of a matter of personal taste, which is that giant open-world games aren't really my thing.

It can feel like a chore to get places sometimes, and Link just doesn't move very fast unless you have a horse. Simply not knowing where I want to go or what I want to do sometimes is also an issue for me (though I guess I could just try to beat the game).

As for Wind Waker, I've been interested in trying it but just haven't bought it yet. I've heard good things about it and I like the art style, so I might give it a try someday.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you only had the 2 controllers that came with the switch this entire time?
Granted a pair of 2 are 70, so idk, but pretty sure even on minimum wage that’s pocket change.
The problem is when you have to budget everything else.
You’re assuming I’m on minimum wage.

I have no job. I bought this with Christmas money.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't know whether or not to put this thing on my team or not.

Reasons why I shouldn't:

- I don't really like any of Tyrouge's evolutions
- He's about 10 levels behind everyone else
- Using him would mean I would have to get rid of the god of Critical Hits, Sirfech'd (who is kinda the reason I discovered him).

Reasons why I should:

- IT'S A ****ING SHINY!

D

Deleted member

My Mom: You’re underweight. You should eat more.
Me In the Corner, Eating McDonalds: what

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ah that might be an issue
How are VPN's in europe? I imagine they take pirating stupidly seriously going by what I read.
Usually this shouldnt be an issue cause literally no one in japan is actively searching for IP addresses and prosecuting people for downloading decades old cartoons from across the world
Pretty much. EU laws are pretty strict when it comes to piracy if I recall. VPNs are pretty awkward to use on PS4 as you have to connect it to a laptop or computer wired.
There are a few network providers that'll take down your Internet connection if you do even slightly illegal stuff. My one is ok. My friends one isn't.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Huh, wonder how many of the old crew back from Smash 4 leaks groups and NintenZone Social are still here, if any.
Hi, I'm an old user, who is in retirement.
Who just to came to see how things are.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Huh, wonder how many of the old crew back from Smash 4 leaks groups and NintenZone Social are still here, if any.
Hi, I'm an old user, who is in retirement.
Who just to came to see how things are.
*dusts off old cowboy schtick*

Well howdy doo from me to you, partner! Always a pleasure to meet a new friend!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dude, awesome. Fav doctor atm? Fav episode?
The Ninth and Tenth Doctors are still my favorites at the moment.

11's been solid so far. He's got some of 10's casual and calculating dork personality and clearly shares a few quirks with him, but he's also much more full of himself and a lot more crazy. He's familiar, yet quite different at the same time.

As for a favorite episode, I don't yet have one, really.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
My mother got lost multiple times and drove in circles in the car on the way here and now I’m nauseous
Bleugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom