• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yo quick question for people in here: Is there an "official" (read: generally accepted) ruleset for WoL Nuzlockes and variants? Haven't 100℅ finished WoL yet (I'm slow playing games lol) but I'd like to maybe try it on a separate file for fun.
Only rule is that once you lose a fighter, it’s gone forever. Everything else is fair game. Some people don’t use DLC fighters either.

Also, I love your profile picture.

D

Deleted member

Yo quick question for people in here: Is there an "official" (read: generally accepted) ruleset for WoL Nuzlockes and variants? Haven't 100℅ finished WoL yet (I'm slow playing games lol) but I'd like to maybe try it on a separate file for fun.
NEW USER NEW USER

Noipoi Noipoi DO THE THING

DO I-

Oh... Wait...

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
-Most common rule is once a fighter is defeated in a spirit battle they can't be used again. Ditto with the spirit team used in the battle.
Some other rules are only going for fighters needed to clear the game, and not using DLC.
Cool, thanks. Joker is one of my favs so I'm not sure how I'll handle the DLC part, but I'll worry about it once I actually unlock 'em on the separate file.

D

Deleted member

Last night marked the first time I walked out of the concert even if I didn't know any of the tracks. A shame since I always finish my concerts.,

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What is everybody's hopes about fighter 5?
I think my most wanted at this point would be either Dante or Doomguy. I'd love to see Geno make it in, but he seems more likely to be one of the post-fighters pass characters now that Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest are in Smash.

Iridium

Smash Hero
NEW USER NEW USER

Noipoi Noipoi DO THE THING

DO I-

Oh... Wait...
I'm a little confused. I remember a user here by the name of Mr. Wario who has that same username on Twitter, if I'm not mistaken. Deleted his account here a few months ago, and I hadn't seen him since. You know, unless...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Time to shill! With edgyness!
1573346024140.png

The Flavor text is just perfect lmao:
"The time for judgment is here." "Time to undo my seal." "The banquet of anarchy starts now." (They're saying it's dinner time.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What is everybody's hopes about fighter 5?
Amaterasu, Doom Slayer, Nightmare (Soulcalibur) or Phoenix Wright.

Say Crash too but he's been debunked due to insider resources. Same would be for Doom Slayer but there's still some evidence in him possibility the 5th DLC fighter.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I've come to accept that the last pass character will be third-party. I'm hoping it'll at least come from a franchise I'm interested in, but given what we've gotten so far, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyway, I'm taking a guess and saying this character won't be anyone we've been discussing in this thread. I don't really see an obvious choice right now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've come to accept that the last pass character will be third-party. I'm hoping it'll at least come from a franchise I'm interested in, but given what we've gotten so far, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Anyway, I'm taking a guess and saying this character won't be anyone we've been discussing in this thread. I don't really see an obvious choice right now.
I mean the other 4 are third party so pretty obvious the 5th would be as wel.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
chill...calm...collectinged

bet **** has gone down here

:ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit:

this confirms Medusa, Magnus, Pyrrhon, or Pandora will be in Smash

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
All I need to be completely content with Ultimate's DLC as a whole is a Gen VIII Pokemon and a character from either DK, Zelda, or Kirby. After that, I'd be fine with anything. I guess we could also throw a Three Houses character in there too, but I don't really care whether or not we actually get one.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
We'll see if she's right.

But I'm gonna take it to heart so I can be surprised if both do make it.

There's always the case that they're not #5 but are still coming since I believe she specifically was referring to #5 but eh.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Oh.... Kay.....

Isn’t she the one who’s been deconfirming characters all month? Does that mean it could still be ANY of the characters she shot down? Are Tracer, Crash, Reimu, and Ryu Hayabusa still in the running?
Even if you don't believe Sabi, Verge's source has told him it is not Crash or Ryu.

Sabi clearly has sources, albeit she has nothing that is uniquely hers for Smash.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I know it won't happen just yet, but Sol Badguy or any Guilty Gear rep in Smash would be sick. Can see him becoming a sudden favorite like Terry if more people get to know him.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seriously VGA is perfect place to announce Doom Slayer though I won't object if he still comes later. I just think that's where he should be announced given his impact on FPS and the icon he is (And how fun he'd be to play).

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Kingdon Hearts came out this year, right?

What are other contenders for GotY? If scripted, the winner may have their character in Smash (just a conspiracy but Sora is still Game Awards worthy and fitting either way).

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

What are other contenders for GotY? If scripted, the winner may have their character in Smash (just a conspiracy but Sora is still Game Awards worthy and fitting either way).
Pretty doubtful KH3 will be nominated with the lukewarm reception it got.

I know TGA isn't exactly the most reasonable thing, but I'd be amazed to see it on the list.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Seriously VGA is perfect place to announce Doom Slayer though I won't object if he still comes later. I just think that's where he should be announced given his impact on FPS and the icon he is (And how fun he'd be to play).
If Sabi is untrustworthy then I’m back to my Geno/DoomSlayer double reveal. It’s either that or Digimon in my eyes.

Although, ever since I started wanting the character, I can’t help but think that The Gane Awards would be a prime space to reveal Carmen Sandiego and echo the Joker reveal.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

True, true. Sora would be an welcoming addition and be interesting how he'd play. :)

Plus Sora is an Disney rep so it wouldn't be two Square reps in the Pass at all.

D

Deleted member

Wait. I’m confused. We’re Geno and DoomSlayer deconfirmed or not?
Not completely disconfirmed but we know for sure that neither one is fighter 5.

RE2 and DMCV are the big ones this year and I can foresee either winning. Response to KH3 was only just okay, and it's not really GotY material.
Also I doubt the winner will tie in with a Smash reveal.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also, friendly reminder DOOM: Eternal was supposed to have released this month if it hadn't been delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom