• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I got good news and bad news for me.

The bad news is I'm not getting my vacation I requested for the following week due to staffing issues. :c

The good news they're still letting keep my request of being off Tuesday so I can watch the Nintendo presentation. :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh god oh **** I'm gonna miss Mario Movie Maker so much
Play-Mario-Movie-Maker-Game-Online.gif

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Today's the final day of my tenure at my workplace. Gonna feel weird leaving; it's depressing.
I definitely understand that feeling, my last day at my current job of 4 years is this Friday night. Change is so fickle. I don't know whether to dread it or be excited.

There’s some weird copyright BS between SEGA and Micheal Jackson. Sonic 3 gets like, no love because of it. I’m really surprised we didn’t get any Mortal Kombat.
I always forget that. It's a surprising loss, but at the same time it's been re-issued enough that it's not hard to find (Ex. PC/Steam). The Mega SG is also out if you want to play an original cart. SEGA is, by and large, the best company in the industry when it comes to re-issuing/preserving their titles (Saturn aside).

Mortal Kombat might go a little too far for obvious reasons. The originals I don't think have aged well, but they're certainly better than Virtua Fighter 2.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I definitely understand that feeling, my last day at my current job of 4 years is this Friday night. Change is so fickle. I don't know whether to dread it or be excited.

I always forget that. It's a surprising loss, but at the same time it's been re-issued enough that it's not hard to find (Ex. PC/Steam). The Mega SG is also out if you want to play an original cart. SEGA is, by and large, the best company in the industry when it comes to re-issuing/preserving their titles (Saturn aside).

Mortal Kombat might go a little too far for obvious reasons. The originals I don't think have aged well, but they're certainly better than Virtua Fighter 2.
I know but come on! It’s a classic on the system. Just individually Rare the games on the thing like Rare Replay.

0AE471DA-9A18-4D75-9798-DAA87296968B.jpeg

Also, no genesis Aladdin. You’ve got random ass Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Games, but not one of the biggest and best licensed games on the system, nay, in existence.

This is no DuckTales on the NES classic all over again.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know but come on! It’s a classic on the system. Just individually Rare the games on the thing like Rare Replay.

Also, no genesis Aladdin. You’ve got random *** Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck Games, but not one of the biggest and best licensed games on the system, nay, in existence.

This is no DuckTales on the NES classic all over again.
Aladdin I'd bet has to do with the new movie, and maybe Robin Williams (RIP) shenanigans. The Mickey Mouse games were developed by SEGA themselves so that probably helped a lot

EDIT: Also probably because it uses music directly from the movie.

Last edited:

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
Very unrelated note, but I need Smash community input.

What is the most similar song in Smash to smash mouth by all star? Like having a similar tone/vibe.

It has nothing to do with the Shrek's swamp stage I'm making :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’ll post another villain for my Thunderhead comic here!

“The Gift Horse”-
A nameless blacksmith who 1000 years prior made a deal with a god and was given eternal life. They also became a key to many other people throughout that time getting super powers, and created all the chosen weapons. After awakening from a 300 year sleep restarts their plan to conquer the universe, conquering many planets before coming to earth. If they die then everyone with super powers loses them and nobody can gain any in the future.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If the goal is to expand to new fanbases, Resident Evil makes much more sense because of the way the series has been throughout its existence. Ace Attorney started on 3DS, and effectively goes against the idea of actually expanding the appeal of Smash. It's also a comparison of a titan sized, multi-media franchise compared to a far smaller multi-media series that has recognition of internet memery.

I think simply based on expanding the universes and bringing in a new crowd, there's more to gain from Resident Evil. However, if Resident Evil is the series to get a playable character, I think other Capcom series, such as Ace Attorney, should absolutely get Mii Fighter costumes if nothing else.

Not to mention, Resident Evil 4 was exclusive originally to the Gamecube and was a massive, massive draw. Then you have the fact that Resident Evil got a remake exclusively on the Gamecube as well (at least for a time). Then you have the Revelations games that originated on the 3DS and Wii U. There are plenty of Nintendo connections with Resident Evil but probably not as much as Ace Attorney.

But like I said, I think the "connection to Nintendo" will hurt series more than help if the vision is to expand the fanbases involved.
It is a 2001 game that started two systems prior to the 3DS?

I dont get it man. You can just outright say you want a Resident Evil character thus you dont want any other Capcom IP. That is how most people base their speculation on anyway. It is all biased.

Ace Attorney is also now on every modern system, smart phone, and soon Steam. I would say it having no reach to potential outsiders is a bit hasty. No doubt it cannot compare to RE on raw numbers, but come on now.

D

Deleted member

All I hope to see in tomorrow's Pokémon Direct is to see that Mega Evolutions and regional forms aren't features exclusive to 6G and 7G respectively.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It is a 2001 game that started two systems prior to the 3DS?

I dont get it man. You can just outright say you want a Resident Evil character thus you dont want any other Capcom IP. That is how most people base their speculation on anyway. It is all biased.

Ace Attorney is also now on every modern system, smart phone, and soon Steam. I would say it having no reach to potential outsiders is a bit hasty. No doubt it cannot compare to RE on raw numbers, but come on now.
if anything, capcom is making a concentrated effort this year to expand ace attorney's reach as far as possible, from PS4 to switch to even PC

sounds familiar

1559660662233.png

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I plan on leaving the speculation scene and this site for good on June 10th. I will be blocking the Smashboards site to avoid temptation and move on to a new point in life.

If you guys have speculation or any other questions to ask me before I go, now would be the time to ask.

I am pretty much going leave behind my encyclopedic knowledge on smash speculation and Sakurai behind that I acquired over the years. So I would take the chance to ask, but it is up to you.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
G would be pretty sick for Smash, ngl.

Sure, it's never gonna to happen, but a man can dream, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did anyone watch the twlight zone finale?

I’d say it was one of the best this season. The idea and themes were brilliant

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All I hope to see in tomorrow's Pokémon Direct is to see that Mega Evolutions and regional forms aren't features exclusive to 6G and 7G respectively.
All I hope to see.... idk, a battle system that’s actually fun. I’ve always wanted a full Pokémon adventure where the battles are like Pokkén. Or at least FFXV. I hate turn based RPGs.

D

Deleted member

I'm hoping for added evolutions to Pokemon who don't have a full evolution line, like what Gen 4 did with Magmortar or Weavile.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Anyone do grinding for a 5% weapon drop or shinies in Pokémon? I am trying to get battle tested weapons on octopath and I don’t seem to RNG well.

D

Deleted member

I plan on leaving the speculation scene and this site for good on June 10th. I will be blocking the Smashboards site to avoid temptation and move on to a new point in life.

If you guys have speculation or any other questions to ask me before I go, now would be the time to ask.

I am pretty much going leave behind my encyclopedic knowledge on smash speculation and Sakurai behind that I acquired over the years. So I would take the chance to ask, but it is up to you.
Hey mate, if it makes you happy, go for it. Shame you won't be around for E3 but it's your decision in the end, see ya dude.
Anyways, do you know Sakurai ever mentioned anything about NDAs? Something I've been wondering about.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Amaterasu in smash would be the most beautiful thing ever. and Imagine if she stayed cell shaded yes
Ditto here. My most wanted Capcom rep. If Banjo nor Crash made the cut or any of my other wants like Elma, Black Shadow, Leon Powalski, Sylux and such but she got in. She'd make up for all of them.

Plus we need more quadrupedal characters in the game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Wow i cant believe i almost forgot about the pokemon direct, heh. Another thing to look forward to :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom