• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Living in a very unpopulated area has its ups and down, but one up-side is that there is no city or town light polluting the sky, so you get to see the stars.

It is honestly beautiful.

I live in the suburbs, and it isn't really the same.
The downside to living in the middle of nowhere is that it feels like takeout takes forever to arrive.

D

Deleted member

Used to live out in the country side... barely got any internet so I quite literally could not even play youtube videos without lag. I would much rather just live in the city than deal with the pain that is countryside wifi tbh.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I have a bit of a weird question for anyone who's played Undertale before - what location from the game would you say is the most truly iconic, I.E. what area do you immediately think of when someone mentions it.

Some that are notable to me would be:
  • The Ruins
  • Snowdin Town
  • MTT Resort
  • Last Corridor/Judgement Room

But I'm curious - what would you say it would be?
Snowdin Town, honestly.

It serves as your formal introduction to the Underground as whole, as well the state it's inhabitants are in. It helps that it's also the home of two of the game's most iconic, important and beloved characters, one of said character's favorite locations, that the other's boss fight comes right after it, and that yet another important character stays there for a good duration of the game.

The Judgement Room is a close second. It's a signature scene of the game, and one of it's most poignant no matter which run you're on, but if you exclude Sans' boss fight (which has no background) then you usually don't get to see it for very long.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So I have a bit of a weird question for anyone who's played Undertale before - what location from the game would you say is the most truly iconic, I.E. what area do you immediately think of when someone mentions it.

• The Ruins
  • Snowdin Town
  • MTT Resort

Honestly, The Ruins always came to mind to me whenever I thought about an Undertale stage.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

• The Ruins
  • Snowdin Town
  • MTT Resort

Snowdin Town is the most iconic to me because you revisit it many times while, I believe (give me a break, I haven't played undertale in awhile), being the location of multiple major events.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

• The Ruins
  • Snowdin Town
  • MTT Resort

I’d probably go with the Judgement room because of how popular Sans/Megalovania is

D

Deleted member

So tommorow is the day we'll learn exactly how Steve's moveset is gonna work(that's a sentence I never thought I would type unironically)

From what we know so far, Steve has most of the staple minecraft mechanics: crafting, placing blocks, and mining. I'm particularly curious to see how they were implemented, especially when implement block placing required a complete overhaul of ALL stages to support it(likely was the reason why it took so long to reveal lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I like all the places in Undertale, but my favorite is Snowdin, next favorite is probably Waterfall. I’m not sure what would be the most iconic area, but I’d probably have to agree with DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu and say Judgement Hall because Sans.

I also often think of Sans and Papyrus when thinking of Undertale; I love all the characters, but those funny skeleton brothers are my favorites.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So anyone who's played Megaman ZX advent, I have a question.

Is this game significantly shorter than ZX? I'm about 2 hours in and I'm getting plot reveals that feel like they should be late game stuff.

I'm asking because ZX took me 20 hours to beat and this feels like it's going by a lot faster

Head shapes are killing me.
View attachment 288068
The heads the easiest part tho.

D

Deleted member

It is 4:16am and the thought of Steve's presentation maybe revealing an Alex Kidd Mii costume + DQ8 Hero amiibo makes me too excited to calm myself to sleep.

We'll see what happens tomorrow, but I'm sure whatever they reveal I will likely enjoy It.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I can get why tbh. I'm not because I don't like wishing these things on people, but at the same time
I get not liking the man but I wouldn’t wish that on anyone
Plus like if he dies doesn’t Pence take his place? Not like he’d be much different.
That's why I'm conflicted.
I shouldn't feel happy that someone has gotten Covid-19 and could potentially die.
The hiccup is that someone is Donald Trump, arguably the worst president we ever had.
A man I would call "unamerican".
I feel sick from wanting him to succumb to Covid-19.🤢

Rizen

Smash Legend
So anyone who's played Megaman ZX advent, I have a question.

Is this game significantly shorter than ZX? I'm about 2 hours in and I'm getting plot reveals that feel like they should be late game stuff.

I'm asking because ZX took me 20 hours to beat and this feels like it's going by a lot faster

The heads the easiest part tho.
It's been some time since I played them but I don't remember ZXa being shorter than ZX.
Head shapes are killing me.
View attachment 288068
First draw a circle then extend that circle into an egg shape.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Am I in the wrong being happy with this news?
That's why I'm conflicted.
I shouldn't feel happy that someone has gotten Covid-19 and could potentially die.
The hiccup is that someone is Donald Trump, arguably the worst president we ever had.
A man I would call "unamerican".
I feel sick from wanting him to succumb to Covid-19.🤢
Look. I can perfectly understand the feeling of not wanting to feel sorry for him. Like saying "I hope he recovers okay." actually makes me feel sick and that is something I never thought I'd ever feel saying that phrase. Just because I'm thinking too far ahead about what will happen if he recovers.

Nevertheless, I'm not wishing death on him, regardless of what he did, because that feeling of wishing death on somebody makes me feel just as sick. Because no one, regardless of what they did, deserves to be infected by the coronovirus. And I hope a vaccine is found soon.

All I can honestly say though is that Karma has caught up to Trump for not taking the virus seriously. His fate is in God's hands now.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

WERETIGER

Episode Title: "Weretiger"
Subject matter: Weretiger
Summary: The Enigma corporation is called to the Sundarbans region of India to investigate several claims of missing people and farm animals. Clues eventually slowly arise that the culprit is something far more frightening as it's far closer to them then they might realize.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Look. I can perfectly understand the feeling of not wanting to feel sorry for him. Like saying "I hope he recovers okay." actually makes me feel sick and that is something I never thought I'd ever feel saying that phrase. Just because I'm thinking too far ahead about what will happen if he recovers.

Nevertheless, I'm not wishing death on him, regardless of what he did, because that feeling of wishing death on somebody makes me feel just as sick. Because no one, regardless of what they did, deserves to be infected by the coronovirus. And I hope a vaccine is found soon.

All I can honestly say though is that Karma has caught up to Trump for not taking the virus seriously. His fate is in God's hands now.
I hope he gets well soon. Out of the people for President I truly would rather have him.

Looking at how Biden is acting just makes me feel bad for the guy, I've seen friends of my family go into cognitive decline and he's clearly showing signs of the early stages. Frankly pushing a man like that for President just feels like elder abuse to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know the odds of tomorrow’s presentation revealing the next fighter are 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%. Probably many many more zeroes as well. I still can’t stop myself from hoping for it. Really wish we’d get a roadmap like SFV. Even if it’s just “We’re aiming to reveal this character around this time, but things change”

Shroob

Sup?
I know the odds of tomorrow’s presentation revealing the next fighter are 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%. Probably many many more zeroes as well. I still can’t stop myself from hoping for it. Really wish we’d get a roadmap like SFV. Even if it’s just “We’re aiming to reveal this character around this time, but things change”
Well, if they announce the next wave of Amiibo, at this point, that's as good as announcing when the next fighter will come out. Thus far, Amiibo theory has held extremely solid since Plant.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
amiibo are rad, but I currently lack the funds for them at the moment and just kind of feel done with them. I have a ton already and storing them starts to become a bit of a chore after a while.

Funny enough, I'm more interested in the amiibo's release date more than anything else because of amiibo Theory. :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, a couple were in the concept art.
Man I can’t believe I didn’t think of how obvious their inclusion should have been. Most of them really look like Apocalypse warriors, they would have fit the mad max vibes pretty well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, if they announce the next wave of Amiibo, at this point, that's as good as announcing when the next fighter will come out. Thus far, Amiibo theory has held extremely solid since Plant.
id say that and M theory are probably completely right as they really on actual business details and have been proven pretty well so far.

Smash’s DLC is definitely being planned strategically and around COVID it looks like.

It’s crazy that next amiibo is going to be Banjo though

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hope he gets well soon. Out of the people for President I truly would rather have him.

Looking at how Biden is acting just makes me feel bad for the guy, I've seen friends of my family go into cognitive decline and he's clearly showing signs of the early stages. Frankly pushing a man like that for President just feels like elder abuse to me.
Remember how during the last election people said "Well Trump is bad, but Hillary is judt as bad/worse"?

Remember how since then Trump has
  • Held the government hostage over a stupid wall he initially said America wouldn't even have to pay for, holding paychecks back from government workers who were dependant on them.
  • Downplayed and spread misinformation over Covid-19 while also trying to reopen "the economy", costing countless American lives and now potentially his own.
  • Added fuel to the fire during the BLM protests by threatening a military response and lumping peaceful protestors in with rioters when he should have been trying to deescalate the situation.

If voting Biden is elder abuse then voting Trump is country abuse. I don't have confidence in Biden as a leader but I'll take my chances with him.

Sorry, I try to avoid getting too opinionated about politics around here but 2020 has been a looooong year. The spoiler tag is for people who don't like it when politics is discussed here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom