• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I probably missed the conversation, but did we ever touch on why DK, Diddy and K. Rool are just hanging out in DK's house like they're buddies?
It’s all a show in the games. They’re actually great pals.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
gentlepanda gently forgets what an antonym is
an antonym is the opposite

science dictates that gaming is the opposite of depression

yet we, The Gamers, are among the most depressed and oppressed of individuals worldwide

how can science explain this???

D

Deleted member

Any advice on this pose?

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed

yet we, The Gamers, are among the most depressed and oppressed of individuals worldwide

Maybe we should play games for fun instead of turning them into a job and spend countless hours arguing them?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Then how could you possibly get that many new Pokémon?
Masuda said it himself that the number will reach 1000 Pokémon including form changes. That leaves at least 196 new Pokémon/forms.
The current Pokémon amount(not counting gen 8) is 807. subtract that from 1000 and you get 197.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Masuda said it himself that the number will reach 1000 Pokémon including form changes. That leaves at least 196 new Pokémon/forms.
The current Pokémon amount(not counting gen 8) is 807. subtract that from 1000 and you get 197.
I mean shinies count as forms according to the Pokedex so with Arceus, Silvally and Unown alone get at least 100 on their own

D

Deleted member

Maybe we should play games for fun instead of turning them into a job and spend countless hours arguing them?
Nah, we can't let people suppport something like DQ .

That is a crime that a mature community such as this one must stop.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Come to think of it, why was Piranha Plant included as the new Mario rep? I mean, I know a Mario character who was requested far more than him. I'm talking about Slopes. I mean, that character was so heavily requested to be in Mario Maker 1, by far the mist popular character at the time, so why did they just sideline him again for Smash? Come on, #JUSTICEFORSLOPES

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I wanted to compare the number of new franchises added in Smash 4 and Ultimate.

Smash 4: :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Ultimate: :ultinkling::ultsimon::ultjoker:(DQ)(Banjo-Kazooie)

Even if we end the DLC with two new franchises, we're still looking a number less than Smash 4. How do you feel about that? Are you happy that we're getting fewer new franchises, or were you hoping for more?

Personally, I'm happy with how things have went so far. I feel like Smash 4 added too many new franchises at once, and only two or three of them were ones I had a genuine interest in. I'd rather get a balance of characters from existing franchises and new ones, like we have in Ultimate.

We got new reps from Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Street Fighter, along with five new franchises. I feel like this is a pretty good balance

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Come to think of it, why was Piranha Plant included as the new Mario rep? I mean, I know a Mario character who was requested far more than him. I'm talking about Slopes. I mean, that character was so heavily requested to be in Mario Maker 1, by far the mist popular character at the time, so why did they just sideline him again for Smash? Come on, #JUSTICEFORSLOPES
Because Smash had slopes in its Mario Maker stage before the real deal.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Smash 4: :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:

Even if we end the DLC with two new franchises, we're still looking a number less than Smash 4. How do you feel about that? Are you happy that we're getting fewer new franchises, or were you hoping for more?

Personally, I'm happy with how things have went so far. I feel like Smash 4 added too many new franchises at once, and only two or three of them were ones I had a genuine interest in. I'd rather get a balance of characters from existing franchises and new ones, like we have in Ultimate.

We got new reps from Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing, along with five new franchises. I feel like this is a pretty good balance
I wasn't a big fan of how few new franchises we got in the base game. Nintendo still have a lot of franchises they could add and only picking Splatoon feels like a loss.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't a big fan of how few new franchises we got in the base game. Nintendo still have a lot of franchises they could add and only picking Splatoon feels like a loss.
Arms not having a fighter does seem odd, ngl.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

its jsut simple...

1560790593304.png

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

We got new reps from Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Street Fighter, along with five new franchises. I feel like this is a pretty good balance
I really wish Advance Wars made it in as the "retro character" last year given that it was the 30th anniversary of the Wars series but that never happened unfortunately. There wasn't any retro character at all.

I'm holding on to slight hope that Andy might get in through a revival of his franchise, likelihood be damned.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel as if they ran out of steam tbh, because aside from AC (and Wii Fit if we're talking sales), most of Smash 4's new franchises were either WAY smaller, or 3rd party.
With Ult, the last big franchise left was Splatoon, and then you'd be dipping into literal who territory, or 3rd party galore.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I feel as if they ran out of steam tbh, because aside from AC (and Wii Fit if we're talking sales), most of Smash 4's new franchises were either WAY smaller, or 3rd party.
With Ult, the last big franchise left was Splatoon, and then you'd be dipping into literal who territory, or 3rd party galore.
Well there is ARMS, but they said that was "too recent" along with most other games post 2015.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean shinies count as forms according to the Pokedex so with Arceus, Silvally and Unown alone get at least 100 on their own
I really don’t think they are counting shiny forms here. I could be wrong but I don’t think that’s too likely.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Arms not having a fighter does seem odd, ngl.
That was likely bad timing on ARMS' part. It very well could've gotten a character if it came out a little earlier.

Still, ARMS is in a dark, cloudy area right now. The future of the franchise is unknown, so I'm not sure if we'll see it the same way five or six years from now.

I agree. I know there's plenty of Nintendo properties people would love to see, but most of them feature characters who can't compare to Ridley, Isabelle, K. Rool, and just about any relevant Pokemon.

I'd rather have a fourth or fifth iconic character from a popular series than the first character from a literal who franchise. Others would disagree though, and that's fine.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Well we have a couple of new IPs coming this August/September, so let's see how they do - doubt they'll get in as DLC this time round, but maybe in Smash 6 depending on how successful their games are

D

Deleted member

Well we have a couple of new IPs coming this August/September, so let's see how they do - doubt they'll get in as DLC this time round, but maybe in Smash 6 depending on how successful their games are
Possible, yeah.

As usual, time will tell

look who's talking, taking jokes the wrong way
Shame on me then.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, what franchises did Nintendo introduce between 4 and Ultimate that could actually have a rep? There's what, Arms? Boxboy? Codename STEAM? ****ing 1, 2 Switch?
It's the problem Sakurai complained about back in the Brawl days, where there's so few new franchises made by Nintendo that can actually be added to Smash as fighters. Look, I want a Pushmo character as much as the next guy, but it aint happening.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Tbh, what franchises did Nintendo introduce between 4 and Ultimate that could actually have a rep? There's what, Arms? Boxboy? Codename STEAM? ****ing 1, 2 Switch?
It's the problem Sakurai complained about back in the Brawl days, where there's so few new franchises made by Nintendo that can actually be added to Smash as fighters. Look, I want a Pushmo character as much as the next guy, but it aint happening.
Not to take away from what you said because I totally agree with you, but I still want to see Labo Man in Smash. :)

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
bh, what franchises did Nintendo introduce between 4 and Ultimate that could actually have a rep? There's what, Arms? Boxboy?
Boxboy (Technically Qbby) would be an amazing character. It would be a character that could give the sort of playstyle 'Tetris Block' moveset that people always came up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom