• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think that the "main antagonist" of SU Future is pretty cut and dry: its Steven's own inner turmoil when it comes to dealing with his OWN problems, as opposed to fixing other people's. I thought it was pretty clear that the season's consistent theme is what happens when life moves on, when you suddenly find yourself not being able to do the thing you do best quite like you did before, when all the people you're so used to tending to and caring about have now resolved all their problems, and they don't need your guidance anymore. All that's left to do is for Steven to look inward and confront his deep-seated issues related to his mother, as well as his compulsive need to be so involved in other people's issues to the point that it becomes a detriment to himself. And something tells me that inner-conflict will manifest into something nasty, considering the nature of his powers.
That’s still not much of a story. The plot is basically “Steven has an emotional breakdown”. Like, there are still problems that can be solved that could go alongside this plot thread. There are billions of planets in the galaxy and any one of them could decide to be a problem at any moment. This story of Steven dealing with his own issues is interesting, but it needs something more story based to go alongside it or you loose interest. Not to mention that there are still a few questions left about gems in general that they certainly don’t NEED to answer but could potentially lead to an interesting story.

TLDR, the last few episodes feel like half of an episode. They feel like a B plot. Not all of them. I think Prickly Pairs is a good way of doing this kind of thing.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
One of my favourite moments this decade has to be seeing a rival of mine getting kicked out of college.

This was the start of 2017. Now this kid was boastful, argues for the sake of arguing and whatnot. He's the type who would swallow a cigarette and accuse people just for attention. He was pretty sexist too for some reason.
One day me and about 10 people were just sitting in this 6 by 6 meter tiny lunch room. We all didn't like him cause what he was doing. My college place was pretty chill.

Then my Student Officer came in for a minute about a last minute class change....... and said that he won't be coming back. Reason? He was caught stealing about £100 from one of tutors purses.

When she left, we all jumped and we were literally shaking each others hands while one of my friends made a speech. We all felt like we entered ascension.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Rockin. Rockin and Rollin.

Down to the beach, I was strollin.

But Ted Cruz pokes at my head (not fun!)

I said Ted Cruz, hmmph, stop it now!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Question for everyone.

What's the most important game that released this decade for you? Not necessarily "favorite" or "best". But like, the game that you wouldn't trade for any other because of the experience you had playing it.

I have an easy answer for that that I've talked about to death before, but I'm curious if anyone else here has a game like that in their life the last 10 years.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The fact that there’s a very real chance this world may end but the rich and powerful are too up their own asses to do anything.

And Mr. Orange.
What do you have against Reservoir Dogs?

Noipoi

Howdy!
What do you have against Reservoir Dogs?
I prefer reservoir ferrets.

Question for everyone.

What's the most important game that released this decade for you? Not necessarily "favorite" or "best". But like, the game that you wouldn't trade for any other because of the experience you had playing it.

I have an easy answer for that that I've talked about to death before, but I'm curious if anyone else here has a game like that in their life the last 10 years.
Pokémon White, no question. It introduced me to my favorite gaming series that’s impacted me in so many ways, and I really wonder what I’d be like today if I hadn’t played it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
as my New Years Eve gift, I present you with the most cursed image in my collection.
View attachment 255216
I really want somebody to mod this into the game now.

Question for everyone.

Probably Undertale/Deltarune. It was such an incredible experience, and it's still unlike any other game I've played. The story is engaging, the characters are fun, and every decision matters. It's also quite important to me as one of the first things I did when I started voice over was doing voices for Toby's characters. Preferably Lancer since I love Lancer. Here's an example of me as him.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Question for everyone.

Xenoblade Chronicles.

If I could go back in time and play through the game blind, you bet your ass that I'd jump on it. Video games typically don't touch me emotionally or leave long lasting impressions on me, but both this game and XC2 did just that.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Question for everyone.

Probably Smash 4. I prefer Ultimate, obviously, but it impacted me in an immense way. It was why I joined Miiverse, which I was on until the day it died. I made lots of good friends there, all but one I kept contact with after it's closure (the remaining one didn't have a Discord, which is how I stayed connected with the rest). I put over 500 hours into both versions, and it wouldn't suprise me if 3DS crossed the 1,000 hour barrier. I liked guessing who the next fighter was, so much I joined another site in which that was the main focus: Smashboards.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Question for everyone.

Well there's actually a tie for this for me.

Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney and Persona 5.

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney because it introduced me to the Professor Layton games and to Level 5 as a whole, a developer who I've enjoyed every game I've played from them, I don't know if I would call them masterpieces but the games they make are some of the most fun I've had with gaming, and I owe those experiences to the Ace Attorney crossover.

Persona 5 because its a game that introduced me to one of if not my favorite group of fictional characters ever, the phantom thieves, and it introduced me to one of my favorite series.

Each of the games I've listed hit me emotionally. In ways I can't even properly describe and I'm truly thankful that I got to experience them.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Question for everyone.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Now give me my damn real Valiant Statue, Redd...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
And... done. Wow, that was fast. Lmao

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Air Slash
- U-turn

I don't like Inteleon's shallow movepool, but she was the easiest Pokemon to get battle ready. You won't see me use this in serious matches that have Toxapex and **** in it, but I'll use it in lower tiers.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Question for everyone.

Without a doubt Ico and The World Ends With You.
Both games are super important to me for different reasons.

The World Ends With You was my gateway to anime and most RPGs and visual novels. Story, music, artstyle, and lore that needs more exploring. The game changed my life and gave me a direction back in 2011.

Ico. I was once told by someone that it's important to have something to always look to as a base for anything you create. I looked at Fumito Ueda's masterpiece as a base for a novel that I'm working on now. I love stories where the main theme is simply companionship. And I adore the game itself.
Its simple and beautiful. I could write a thousand word essay about it.

Honourable mentions: Nier Automata, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Yakuza 0, Zero Escape Trilogy, Shadow of the Colossus.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That’s still not much of a story. The plot is basically “Steven has an emotional breakdown”. Like, there are still problems that can be solved that could go alongside this plot thread. There are billions of planets in the galaxy and any one of them could decide to be a problem at any moment. This story of Steven dealing with his own issues is interesting, but it needs something more story based to go alongside it or you loose interest. Not to mention that there are still a few questions left about gems in general that they certainly don’t NEED to answer but could potentially lead to an interesting story.

TLDR, the last few episodes feel like half of an episode. They feel like a B plot. Not all of them. I think Prickly Pairs is a good way of doing this kind of thing.
It’s basically about change. Steven has saved a
every homeworld planet from dying and most of them didn’t have life or had stuff like animals or plants. Steven has always had a lot going on and pushed that to aside using others as a facade to hide this.

I do agree that another overarching plot that ties in would be nice. Which we might have. After all mean lapis is out there, bluebird is out there, Jasper has something going on.

so it feels like something else is building up. A good theory I saw is Steven will go to take out his anger on jasper who can take hits and accidentally shatter her. Realizing he’s just like his mother he finally begins to address his issues, which leads to him finding out how to save shattered gems and thus save jasper and the cluster. That would be pretty sweet to see

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
It’s basically about change. Steven has saved a
every homeworld planet from dying and most of them didn’t have life or had stuff like animals or plants. Steven has always had a lot going on and pushed that to aside using others as a facade to hide this.

I do agree that another overarching plot that ties in would be nice. Which we might have. After all mean lapis is out there, bluebird is out there, Jasper has something going on.

so it feels like something else is building up. A good theory I saw is Steven will go to take out his anger on jasper who can take hits and accidentally shatter her. Realizing he’s just like his mother he finally begins to address his issues, which leads to him finding out how to save shattered gems and thus save jasper and the cluster. That would be pretty sweet to see
Don't do my girl Jasper like that, I already had to watch her corrupt and disappear for two seasons.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Question for everyone.

For me, It would be Smash for 3DS and Pokemon Omega Ruby. I've always to play the former game ever since I've watched these two kids play Smash together in my middle school days, and I'm still playing it to this day. Just completed All-Star Mode with every character and about to do the same for Multi-Man Smash. I also been adapting to some new mains with Mario, Cloud, and Corrin.

Omega Ruby would be my very first Pokemon adventure which would be followed up by Pokemon Moon. I was a pretty big noob when I first played, but felt much more experienced with it in my second time with it. My Swampert was a very viable tank when it came to a couple of challenges, and ended up as my 1# favorite Pokemon from my time with it.

(I love my big blue boi so much..)

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Question for everyone.

While not really a game and more so an app despite being on a Nintendo console, Miiverse. It was the first social media site I had ever signed up for that you could post freely on (until you couldn’t post freely anymore, but whatever,) and it was what encouraged me to begin to seriously practice making art.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So it's not Animal Crossing, then.

Checkmate.
Yeah but this is
Question for everyone.

animal crossing

D

Deleted member

New username time to close out the year! To go with it, an avatar fitting for the New Years!

View attachment 255101

staindgrey staindgrey @KMDP @Tougon & @GhostM & @Knight Dude @Mudparty & @Shroob

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! @Taylor F @StormC & @Idon & MilkCalf MilkCalf DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu

@Cyndane & @Moydow & Aurane Aurane @lightdrago & @Zinith @NonSpecificGuy

@KarneraMythos & @PsychoIncarnate & @Flyboy (a boy who is fly)

There’s ol’ @Bolderousness @Cosmic77 @Zachmac & @Wademan94

@Luigi The President @Mega Bidoof & then SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64

@Smashing Ramen & @BlueMonk & @Pyra & @osby and of course @MooMew64

@Michael the Spikester PeridotGX PeridotGX and then you got @tehponycorn

@Kirby Dragons @CosmicQuark & @LibraPsoul the one and only @Gentlepanda

@punished faygo @ClaTheBae @PsySmasher and obviously there’s @Hinata

Then @AndreaAC & @Peridorito & @Fenriraga and still...

@Hat N' Clogs @GuavaJuice @redfeatherraven then Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna & @Will

@Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik @Mamboo07 @Opossum

Z25 Z25 & Lamperouge Lamperouge @JDCabrera & @Blossom ✿

@Shishœ @Shield eater @Scoliosis Jones & @MainJPW

@Mai Shiranui @SonicSmasher1 & then Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

There’s @MissingGlitch & @ShotoStar: Endgame @pizzadudemanguy ‘s in this song

@Delzethin @TheMightyP @Fisher & @Chucklehead Tom

@KingofPhantoms @BlondeLombax & then @Megadoomer & @Amazing Ampharos

@FurretBro & then @Shyy_Guy595 @MacSmitty & there’s @Lobos

@Pokechu @Iridium @GothFluttershy (I think @CoolTyphlosion is gone)

@CrusherMania1592 (I’m almost finished with this song!)

There’s @Nubby & @Rummy & @Smashboards itself, @TMNTSSB4

@RandomAce @Fluttershy @Haaaaadoken and then we got @Jackalmore

@Koiba & @Guilhew & then @Captain Shwampy @papagenos Channel is lit

@MinaHatesYami & @Puddi @Amity ...

@Vugzi & @Vulgun @Roguewolf & @Sephazon

@MacBadley @Kabutops & @Ju-Fu & @Gabuu

and our new god @John Dylan Smith

happy New Year’s Eve, ya ********.
Thank you for thinking of me. That was so sweet.

Question for everyone.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Although I do not own it yet, Soulcalibur 6 is a close second.

Y'all can expect me to return to this thread later to wish y'all a happy new year. :bowser:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Amiibo Festival wouldn't have garnered nearly as much hate if it wasn't the only Animal Crossing game available for Wii U.

It was still totally a shameless excuse to sell AC amiibo, tho.

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
Xenoblade Chronicles.

If I could go back in time and play through the game blind, you bet your ass that I'd jump on it. Video games typically don't touch me emotionally or leave long lasting impressions on me, but both this game and XC2 did just that.
I wish I had completed that game. I just didn't really enjoy the combat system at all.
And Fiora coming back put a damper on my motivation since I had nothing to really avenge and I don't even know what role she has in a party
I also wonder how good the sequel is. Just have seen some super lame sexual anime scenes about it.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'm really hopeful about this new year. At the very least it's gonna start off well. I made four new friends in the past couple weeks, one of them in person. So that's pretty nice.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
>Leon's G-Charizard beats my Zacian
>Sends out own G-Charizard
>Leon: "I'm about to perform what is called a pro gamer move"
>switches out G-Charizard and sends out Inteleon
>Charizard Gigantamaxes and uses Max Lightning
>Leon:
1573931141791.jpg

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What's your most hated thing of the decade.
The direction that EA, 2K and Activision took the AAA industry, turning the bland but harmless sports games and making them into casinos and nickel and diming the players without even the courtesy of making the game free to start.

Last edited:

MilkCalf

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
2739-5061-8025
The direction that EA, 2K and activation took the AAA industry, turning the bland but harmless sports games and making them into casinos and nickel and diming the players without even the courtesy of making the game free to start.
Now I remembered that Battlefront 2 2 exists...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My new years resolution is too help my brother make progress on his game project.

We have most of our character and monster designs ready, we have most of our plot good to go and we got RPG maker over christmas, a basic tool that gives us everything we need to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom