• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
*Capcom and SNK won’t make Capcom vs SNK 3 for some reason*

Sakurai: “Fine. I’ll do it myself” *Puts Terry in Ultimate*

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Been playing a little with Banjo and Kazooie.

They're okay. Not anything spectacular competitively speaking, but I'm actually glad. Seems like a majority of the DLC characters have some type of gimmick that makes people perceive them as OP. Banjo is more of your basic fighter, and that's something I'd like to see more of.

Don't know just how good he'll end up being, but at least his moveset sticks to the source material.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Been playing a little with Banjo and Kazooie.

They're okay. Not anything spectacular competitively speaking, but I'm actually glad. Seems like a majority of the DLC characters have some type of gimmick that makes people perceive them as OP. Banjo is more of your basic fighter, and that's something I'd like to see more of.
Don't know just how good he'll end up being, but at least his moveset sticks to the source material.
He DOES have a gimmick. It just doesn't seem to be needed for his gameplan

StormC

Smash Hero
So how'd you rank the confirmed DLC characters personally now that Terry joins the group?

5. :ultjoker:
4. :ulthero:
3. :ult_terry:
2. :ultpiranha:
1. :ultbanjokazooie:
1. Banjo & Kazooie (S+)
2. Joker (A-)
3. Piranha Plant (B-)
4. Hero (C+)
5. Terry (C)

Loved Terry's trailer, but with so little to go on right now and lack of a personal connection it was hard to get too excited. But it's cool he's here.

Banjo is obviously an amazing dream character and Persona 5 is one of my favorite games. Piranha Plant is an endearingly goofy fighter with some great deep cuts in the Mario lore, and the legacy of Dragon Quest is definitely worth respecting, but again, no personal connection.

If fighter 5 is in the B hype range I'll consider the Fighters Pass to overall be a huge personal win.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
For those curious on what the SNES Online is releasing with tonight:
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
  • F-Zero
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Super Mario World
  • Star Fox
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super Metroid
  • Kirby’s Dream Land 3
  • Pilotwings
  • Super Soccer
  • Super Tennis
  • Brawl Brothers
  • Demon’s Crest
  • Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
  • Super E.D.F. Earth Defense Force
  • Super Puyo Puyo 2
  • Breath of Fire
  • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
Not bad.

But Super Puyo Puyo 2 marks the FIFTH Puyo Puyo game on the Switch and I'm still ****ing waiting for a Dr. Mario game that's not the NES one.

WHY??!!

Mad Wario.gif

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So how'd you rank the confirmed DLC characters personally now that Terry joins the group?

Yeah, I know this will be an unpopular and controversial opinion.

1. :ultpiranha:
2. :ulthero:
3. :ultbanjokazooie:
4. :ultjoker:
5. :ultterry

Didn't know much about Joker or Terry when they were announced, and I'm still iffy on them as a whole. PP is both stupid and amazing, and I'm glad we were able to get another unique Mario character in some capacity.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I’m going to get a ton of hate for this, but personally, I really hope that all of the rest of the DLC fighters (Or at least a majority) are 3rd Party.

Simply put, we may never get a gaming crossover like this for the rest of our lifetimes (I think that even Sakurai said this). For that reason alone, I really hope the DLC is as many new franchises as possible.

Because like Reggie said, this is probably the biggest crossover in all of entertainment.

Striga

Smash Journeyman

Hmm,
  1. :ultbanjokazooie:. I’ve personally got little to no history with the duo, but they’re “the stars aligning once in a lifetime” character, so to speak.
  2. :ultiterry:. I like old school type of fighting games, and Terry’s a pretty solid pick. King of Fighters is up there with Street Fighter for longest running and iconic arcade fighters, so I’d say he’s a great pick. I look forward to what he can do.
  3. :ulthero:. He was going to be lower on the list. But then I actually played Dragon Quest and liked a lot more than I thought I would.
  4. :ultpiranha: .The most amusing joke character thus far.
  5. :ultjoker:.Yeah, I didn’t want Joker in. As an SMT fan, this feels like another batch of salt being rubbed in the wound.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Terry literally only showed 2 moves, there's **** all to get excited about gameplay wise, he's literally only got his SNK legacy to judge him by as we didn't even see the stage properly and I doubt that the opening theme will be a song in the game

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well the internet is totally going to not be annoying with all the obnoxious Undertale fans spamming annoying memes in Smash all day. Sorry but I'm so sick of Undertale.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I’m going to get a ton of hate for this, but personally, I really hope that all of the rest of the DLC fighters (Or at least a majority) are 3rd Party.

Simply put, we may never get a gaming crossover like this for the rest of our lifetimes (I think that even Sakurai said this). For that reason alone, I really hope the DLC is as many new franchises as possible.

Because like Reggie said, this is probably the biggest crossover in all of entertainment.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I actually prefer more 3rd party characters.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

1. :ultjoker:
2. :ulthero:
3. Terry Bogard
4. :ultbanjokazooie:
5. :ultpiranha:

The only character that really appeals to me in the pass is Joker, but I do think all of the DLC fighters have been extremely fun to play so far. Somewhat hyped for Terry since I've had some exposure to Fatal Fury, KoF, and Garou. I just hope that he doesn't play too similar to Ryu/Ken since I suck at using them.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I agree that I want as many new series as possible, but a couple first parties wouldn’t hurt.

StormC

Smash Hero
I remember back in August last year Noipoi Noipoi was lamenting that most of the newcomers weren't appealing to him.

How far we've come.

D

Deleted member

I can understand that and I would like a few new franchises both third party and first party (Rhythm Heaven, Golden Sun, Mach Rider, Rayman, Puyo Puyo, Shantae, Etc.) but I also would like for the five never evers to be in Smash all together as they could get removed next game. I would love for Isaac and Geno to be upgraded and have all five never evers together for what is likely only one game.

And I'd also like to see Dixie and other First party characters make the cut like Rex, Waluigi, Bandanna Dee and the already mentioned Dixie. I would love a mix of both cause while I would like to see the crossover continue to grow I would also like a little here and there in Nintendo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyway in terms of the DLC rankings so far I use my own rating system, everyone starts at 3 out of 5 and depending on their stage, music and how fun they are I can add or deduct points
Joker: 5/5 He's fun as hell to play even if I don't want to try and be half decent as Joker, Mementos is beautiful and the music is great
Hero: 4/5, they're already one of my most used characters and I don't even feel bad when losing because it's so fun to just throw out some dumb **** so they earn a bonus point in gameplay. That being said the music is lacking due to Sugiyama being a ****wad and the stage itself is alright.
Banjo: 2/5 Stage is ok from what little I played of it, music sucked big time and didn't even include the one good Banjo track and Banjo himself doesn't click with me at all. I figured out dragdown nair to ftilt on my own and feel up air is a pretty good move but the rest doesn't work with me

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Terry literally only showed 2 moves, there's **** all to get excited about gameplay wise, he's literally only got his SNK legacy to judge him by
Oh jeez, I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up, Gwen! Ha...

And despite that I rank him above Hero and Joker for the sole fact of him being a fighting game character with a severe condition of broken English.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh jeez, I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up, Gwen! Ha...

And despite that I rank him above Hero and Joker for the sole fact of him being a fighting game character with a severe condition of broken English.
Ehhhh, my point was more "It's not really fair to put Terry on a ranking with characters with full movesets and details available" regardless if you liked him. There's a reason he's gotten overshadowed quite a bit

D

Deleted member

I may not have a high opinion on him but surely Banjo doesn't struggle with killing or anything? It's a great burst option but idk about overall

EDIT: DP
He can confirm a fair off of a Grenade Egg or an upsmash out of a dthrow but Wonderwing is honestly one of his best options for it. Can catch spotdodges and rolls, can be used to tech chase, can 2frame, deals 25% or so and is fully invincible against anything that isn't a grab. Maybe things will change but so far Wonderwing and Grenade Egg look to be the standouts of his moveset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom