• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is cool! Is King of Cards already out? Or is the Shovel Knight news gonna be something else?

Wait. Reuben is in Smash. He’s still voicing Ken. What are you talking about?
He's not creditted iirc, he said Capcom had to pull strings to get him on

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Also Banjo is not getting in lol, no way
Also Joker is not getting in lol, no way
Also K. Rool is not getting in lol, no way
Also Dark Samus is not getting in lol, no way
Also Ridley is not getting in lol, no way
Also Bayonetta is not getting in lol, no way
Also Corrin is not getting in lol, no way
Also Cloud is not getting in lol, no way
Also Sonic is not getting in lol, no way
Also Snake is not getting in lol, no way

Anyone is possible. Tracer is just as possible as any other. In fact, people doubting her this much actually makes her MORE likely because Sakurai likes to **** with us as much as he likes to please us.
While I agree it'd be premature to completely write off tracer, a good half of those characters you just listed had a great deal more of fan demand than Tracer or had various other factors in their favour (Dark Samus first party and easy clone, Sonic already becoming a major staple on Nintendo consoles etc.)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thread: New Sakurai column is up with translations from @PushDustIn.

Edit: Sakurai, please take a break when you can...
No sakurai, your hand hurting isnt necessary

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While I agree it'd be premature to completely write off tracer, a good half of those characters you just listed had a great deal more of fan demand than Tracer or had various other factors in their favour (Dark Samus first party and easy clone, Sonic already becoming a major staple on Nintendo consoles etc.)
They still had major reasons that people thought they wouldn’t show up. Be it obscurity, association/ownership by a rival, or even ****ing size. It’s always “not gonna happen” until it happens.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Thread: New Sakurai column is up with translations from @PushDustIn.

Edit: Sakurai, please take a break when you can...
I actually like the "livestream" approach--it's more personal, and still just as effective as a regular presentation. To me, it's a win-win--it's personal, and cost effective. While he was skeptical of doing the same approach for later fighters, it would be nice if this is the way the rest of the DLC is presented. I know some people don't like it as much, but I don't see why.

Sakurai becoming a Twitch streamer is the best thing ever. :awesome:

*Livestream is in quotations because... it's not streamed live, and is edited. But that's the language used.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually like the "livestream" approach--it's more personal, and still just as effective as a regular presentation. To me, it's a win-win--it's personal, and cost effective. While he was skeptical of doing the same approach for later fighters, it would be nice if this is the way the rest of the DLC is presented. I know some people don't like it as much, but I don't see why.

Sakurai becoming a Twitch streamer is the best thing ever. :awesome:

*Livestream is in quotations because... it's not streamed live, and is edited. But that's the language used.
It makes sense for Hero and Banjo. But Joker would have been worse without it because we wouldn’t have heard the Phantom Theives voices.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The graphics aren't bad by any means, but they aren't anything worth getting an award for either.

I wouldn't criticize SwSh's flawed graphics and praise Three Houses', if that makes it more clear.
I think you could easily do that though, given the context.

Both Sword/Shield and Three Houses are the most graphically impressive of their respective series, but less so than other games on the Switch. However, Three Houses's graphics weren't given as the reason for gutting a major part of the game's appeal.

With that in mind, it's easy to see how someone could praise Fire Emblem but criticize Pokémon. Both were a step forward, but Pokémon's wasn't a big enough step forward to offset the steps backwards that it took.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Also Banjo is not getting in lol, no way
Also Joker is not getting in lol, no way
Also K. Rool is not getting in lol, no way
Also Dark Samus is not getting in lol, no way
Also Ridley is not getting in lol, no way
Also Bayonetta is not getting in lol, no way
Also Corrin is not getting in lol, no way
Also Cloud is not getting in lol, no way
Also Sonic is not getting in lol, no way
Also Snake is not getting in lol, no way

Anyone is possible. Tracer is just as possible as any other. In fact, people doubting her this much actually makes her MORE likely because Sakurai likes to **** with us as much as he likes to please us.
True, none of those characters are going to be added to League of Legends, that would be really weird :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So that 4chan leak was fake in the end, huh. Guess it's not a surprise.

But to be honest a part of me actually got a bit excited when I initially heard how it mentioned the 4th character would be a female that's "not a demanded character and will disappoint and confuse a lot of people," because this was the first character that came to my mind when I heard that:

And that additional bit about how that character has a "mecha" form made me a bit more excited because Noel does have a mecha form of sorts herself: Nu-12!

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm one of the few people that wants Noel in Smash...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm... if the character really is Tracer.... Dark Souls, Xenosaga, and Tales are out of the running. I feel they conflict too much. Therefore the remaining character would either be from Tekken, Kronos, or Digimon.

If it’s not her.... well, it depends on who it actually is.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
4chan is a bad place where bad people like to go. People only post leaks there because anonymity is normal on that site. There's no accountability whether you're right or wrong. It's obnoxious how leaks posted there gain traction

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey guys about the 4chan female leak

Verge killed it
Like always, anyone can make a fake leak.and all of this was just for an overwatch port that’s it.
Holy **** is burb the burb from here? Been awhile since I’ve seen that username.

Anyway this doesn’t really kill. He refused to comment meaning he has no opinion on it either way. Plus verge said awhile back that he didn’t want to post smash stuff anymore due to all the harassment and stupid comments he would get over it, or something along those lines.

So I don’t think this means much either way.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
So that 4chan leak was fake in the end, huh. Guess it's not a surprise.

But to be honest a part of me actually got a bit excited when I initially heard how it mentioned the 4th character would be a female that's "not a demanded character and will disappoint and confuse a lot of people," because this was the first character that came to my mind when I heard that:

And that additional bit about how that character has a "mecha" form made me a bit more excited because Noel does have a mecha form of sorts herself: Nu-12!

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm one of the few people that wants Noel in Smash...
Well, Vergeben chose not to comment on it. The next character could still be female. It's sort of hard to say a leak is fake when the leak doesn't really have any contents.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So Sakurai wasn't kidding when he said he's gone over budget.

Yeah, a second Fighters Pass happening looks pretty grim right now (not that I had much hope for one anyway).

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
tbf real leaks do get posted on 4chan

it's just ironic, cos the real ones rarely get any attention (see Piranha Plant) unless you've got some kind of ESRB Leak scenario

Meanwhile most the 'leaks' that do generate significant attention are naturally gonna be fake

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Yeah, a second Fighters Pass happening looks pretty grim right now (not that I had much hope for one anyway).
That’s not quite what it means. It means that each content drop (each character/update/what have you) has a set budget. Meaning he only has a set amount for each character. With how expensive Square’s licenses are, and the fact that Hero got a full CG trailer, it doesn’t surprise me one bit he was looking to cut corners for this one.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I can understand if people want to talk about the 4Chan posts while we are waiting for new information, but it's another story if you took the posts seriously due to some coincidences. Those posts were clearly fake to begin with.

I am more concerned about Sakurai's health; him mentioning that his hand hurt after demonstrating Hero for the video doesn't sit well personally.

I don't know, I think Three Houses has a nicer visual style than SwSh.
Honestly, Astral Chain appears to have a nicer visual style than both of those games.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
User was warned for double posting
Hello guys. I thought up another video game idea.

The game is tentatively called “Wishing Hill”. It’s about a group of 9 different adventurers go to this mountain range that is only accessible for 24 hours every 500 years. In the mountain range is said to be something or someone that grants their ultimate desire.

The game is a sidescrolling adventure game similar to a Metroidvania game. Each character has a unique path through the game. The main gimmick of the game is that the game is timed, the entire time you play a timer ticks away. Unless paused you have to complete each path in 24 real hours. Even during cutscenes the timer ticks down.

Each character also has 3 endings:
Good- Beat the final boss.
Bad- Die to final boss
Very Bad- Fail to beat game in 24 hours

I’m currently working on the 9 characters.
What is this?
For this post.^^^

He was talking about all the licensing for Hero but I doubt that would affect a second fighter pass happening. I’m sure they made enough money off of who they chose to warrant a second fighter pass if they so choose.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For this post.^^^
Oh cool.

I should finally start working on my own original fighting game IP again.

He was talking about all the licensing for Hero but I doubt that would affect a second fighter pass happening. I’m sure they made enough money off of who they chose to warrant a second fighter pass if they so choose.
I agree. I still think it’s at least possible, likely at most.

Also, you double posted Madame.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Visually, the nicest-looking game on the Switch right now is probably either Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8 - the production values for the latter are ridic

RE: Smash, Verge is probably just denying that particular 'leak' cos its origins are shaky as ****, but if he really does know something about character 4 then I'd rather he keep it to himself for the next few weeks. I wouldn't mind it so much if a leak was months away, but when we're so close to a potential direct with a likely character reveal, then what's the point? If that 'female character from fighting game who throws projectiles thingy' hint or the bird thing really mean nothing, then we're going into a reveal entirely blind and that's refreshing

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Visually, the nicest-looking game on the Switch right now is probably either Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8 - the production values for the latter are ridic

RE: Smash, Verge is probably just denying that particular 'leak' cos its origins are shaky as ****, but if he really does know something about character 4 then I'd rather he keep it to himself for the next few weeks. I wouldn't mind it so much if a leak was months away, but when we're so close to a potential direct with a likely character reveal, then what's the point? If that 'female character from fighting game who throws projectiles thingy' hint or the bird thing really mean nothing, then we're going into a reveal entirely blind and that's refreshing
Speak for yourself. I love leaks. Really wish NRS’s practices when it comes to DLC were more common.

Anyone else tuning in?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speak for yourself. I love leaks. Really wish NRS’s practices when it comes to DLC were more common.

Anyone else tuning in?
I wouldn't mind if Smash had taken the whole 'reveal the fighters as silhouettes/all at once' approach, but as we're doing individual reveals instead I'd rather each one happen in a more hype context (like a well done CG trailer) than some random insider going 'yeah this character is happen give me attention plz'

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't mind if Smash had taken the whole 'reveal the fighters as silhouettes/all at once' approach, but as we're doing individual reveals instead I'd rather each one happen in a more hype context (like a well done CG trailer) than some random insider going 'yeah this character is happen give me attention plz'
I can at least agree with this stance considering where we are now. Even if I think Sakurai is still too slow with these actual reveals. I was one of those people who wanted Hero to drop DURING E3 and Banjo to be end of August/Early September so that the September direct could reveal the last two. But joe because of the fact that they have to devote time to Banjo, we’re probably getting one at best.

The ideal situation for this direct would he a combination of the Joker teaser in Spring, the Cloud reveal, and the Isabelle reveal.

Please Microsoft, announce new Banjo content in this direct. We’re begging ya!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I thought it was already out. Weird.
Nope. not yet.

It was supposed to be out in April, but they had to delay it, probably to polish things up
I still want Shovel Knight 64. It could be like Mega Man Legends mixed with Sonic Adventure and Devil May Cry.
That'd be pretty sweet.

I'd also like to see a Super Shovel Knight of sorts. Pretty much a SNES style game in the vein of something like Mega Man X

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nope. not yet.

It was supposed to be out in April, but they had to delay it, probably to polish things up

That'd be pretty sweet.

I'd also like to see a Super Shovel Knight of sorts. Pretty much a SNES style game in the vein of something like Mega Man X
That could be cool too. Although I doubt we’d see both at once.

Then after that we get an RPG spin-off that gives us new characters that are owned by Square Enix that never show up again.

Oh my god.... I just had an amazing idea!

Shovel Knight and Shantae at the Olympic Games!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom