• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Pokémon Platinum (Lucario, Spear Pillar) and HeartGold/SoulSilver (Pichu) seem to be missing, and you have The Blazing Blade listed, but Roy comes from The Binding Blade. The Blazing Blade is a prequel starring Eliwood (Roy's dad), Hector (Lilina's dad), and Lyn.

Just wanted to point those out.
This is moreso just a personal list, so a game for every character isn't a requirement. As for Binding Blade, to my knowledge it was only released in Japan and I was unable to find a translation patch.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I just passed a family in the grocery store and they yelled st their child, Saban. They named their kid after the Power Ranger company.
Or arguably the most successful college football coach of all time.

Either/or.

D

Deleted member

the real question is, do banjo fans actually want a banjo-threeie when basically none of the original developers work at rare anymore (especially with how yooka-laylee turned out just ok at best)

if banjo shows up again, i'm thinking it'll probably just be n. sane-style remasters
I'd be hype for Banjo remakes with modern graphics (unless they're XBox only).

The thing is that Banjo is outdated nowadays. I replayed Banjo Tooie and I had a blast when I knew what I was doing, but I feel we've moved on from N64 collectathons. Odyssey is a testament to what the genre can be nowadays and should honestly be followed.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is moreso just a personal list, so a game for every character isn't a requirement. As for Binding Blade, to my knowledge it was only released in Japan and I was unable to find a translation patch.
There's actually a pretty good translation patch available for it if you're interested. Not sure if I'm the best to ask about it though. :p

D

Deleted member

You're better off playing Blazing Blade instead, honestly. It has the better story and difficulty.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So as usual, if i’m not browsing here i’m browsing the ****stain that is /v/ and the occasional Smash thread shows up. It usually devolves into ****posts and talking smack about Banjo, Steve, and Erdrick.

Every single time Erdrick is mentioned on /v/ somebody posts a comment saying , “>Erdrick”, and posts the same sleeping Piranha Plant gif. Every single time. And every single time, I lose my mind and burst out laughing.

What’s the matter with me?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So as usual, if i’m not browsing here i’m browsing the ****stain that is /v/ and the occasional Smash thread shows up. It usually devolves into ****posts and taking smack about Banjo, Steve, and Erdrick.

Every single time Erdrick is mentioned on /v/ somebody posts a comment saying , “>Erdrick”, and posts the same sleeping Piranha Plant gif. Every single time. And every single time, I lose my mind and burst out laughing.

What’s the matter with me?
That's dedication if I've ever seen it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Getting excited for Ultimate Alliance 3 randomly... I wonder if Square's Avengers Project is going to overshadow that game...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Playing through Banjo-Kazooie again. I LOVE that game to pieces. But Grunty’s Furnace is NOT fun.
The name of it is Grunty's Furnace Fun! Of course it's fun. I've never heard of a video game calling something within fun when in fact it is not.

D

Deleted member

The name of it is Grunty's Furnace Fun! Of course it's fun. I've never heard of a video game calling something within fun when in fact it is not.
Do you really think someone would do that? Just make a video game and tell lies?

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Got myself a Switch for the first time on Friday since my Hollow Knight Collector's edition came in the mail. Probably one of the coolest handheld consoles that I could play on. I want to do my best to play my Switch on a daily basis so that it doesn't become something that just collects dust in my closet. That would be one expensive dust bunny!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There's 17 users and every single one is waiting for the other user to get a conversation going.
Alright fine, I'll do it.

Jelly or jam. Please explain why you prefer jam or why you choose to be wrong.

D

Deleted member

Got myself a Switch for the first time on Friday since my Hollow Knight Collector's edition came in the mail. Probably one of the coolest handheld consoles that I could play on. I want to do my best to play my Switch on a daily basis so that it doesn't become something that just collects dust in my closet. That would be one expensive dust bunny!
Ay, Hollow Knight’s a great game. Super fun to just explore this cool world and learn what happenedto it, really excited for Silksong. Also hope you enjoy your Switch!

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Fascinating piece about Sega marketing to girls as gamers in the early 90s. I had no idea Sega of America was a pioneer in this area, nor did I know that the push had happened this early in gaming history.

The more I learn about SoA, the more I'm convinced that Sega could have remained a Nintendo-like presence in the modern gaming landscape had Sega of Japan not tried so hard to chase Sony.

Also that Deep Fear video from DYKG reminded me that I've never played the Sega Saturn Resident Evil ripoff and it feels like I've sinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom