• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I missed a lot of episodes in TMNT, and after I saw some of them today, I discovered that Rahzar was Dogpound

Im a true :079:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's a smash poll, so it needs to be ASAP.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Hey guys! I just wanted to let you know Norris Night will be taking place tomorrow evening here! If you want an update and discussion on the online tournament series, be here about the same time tomorrow!

R0Y

Smash Master
That girl. One of the many huge annoyances from anti-gamergate.

Bah, the sad thing she isn't even the worst of it. Oh not by a long shot. The things I've seen being a part of Gamergate would drive a man insane.

Worldwide? Of course.

The problem comes from Feminist constantly complaining about problems that aren't actually problems, (like acting like things that aren't **** like they are ****) (Oh? That word is censored? Huh...) , or trying to actual put themselves in a better position then men. (The fact that men in some places had to take a lesson on "how not to ****" in some colleges is just one example).

Really, supporting equality in general should be good enough. Having a focus on women causes problems as we seen. Don't get me started on how revenge focus they can be.

This is not to say there aren't level headed feminist and there are problems in other countries involving women, but these vocal ones just make no sense.
Not just worldwide, even in developed countries stuff like the income gap is huge. There's nothing wrong with a focus on women dude...just ignore whiners and militant feminists like that anti-gamergate tumblr reject.

Anyways, both gamergate and anti-gamergate are embarrassing. Just play the games you want to play and ogle the digital boobs you want to ogle. Doesn't matter what anybody thinks.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Quiet at the moment. Gee, I wonder why. :yoshimelee:
Don't you know?
We're nearing the 1930s,the depression of ST is-a-coming.
The infractions will skyrocket.
The post number will drop.
We'll have to sell our organs in order to make it. :094:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Anyways, both gamergate and anti-gamergate are embarrassing. Just play the games you want to play and ogle the digital boobs you want to ogle. Doesn't matter what anybody thinks.
Considering thats what you think Gamergate is about, I think we are done with this conversation.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Not much. I'm no longer desperate for a direct this month because it looks like there isn't going to be one until next month.
I on the other hand am still wanting one. A lot less now that we got huge splatoon news recently, but still interested in even more splatoon news, and other game news.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gamersgate was originally about journalistic integrity. The main cause being a woman who supposedly slept with reviewers to get good scores and several reviewers trying to cover that up.

From there, it has spun to sexism as the journalists wanted.

The sexism angle was done to cover their buts.

For all the flak they get, the only major gaming journalism company that wasn't involved was IGN.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Gamersgate was originally about journalistic integrity. The main cause being a woman who supposedly slept with reviewers to get good scores and several reviewers trying to cover that up.

From there, it has spun to sexism as the journalists wanted.

The sexism angle was done to cover those traps.

For all the flak they get, the only major gaming journalism company that was involved was IGN.
Which came up because a jealous ex-boyfriend leaked her Facebook. There was one reviewer involved and he never reviewed her game, only bringing it up once. Allegedly she slept with others, like a normal 20-something girl. No story imo. How Mass Effect 3 got such good scores is a huge sign of a lack of journalistic integrity, this woman's indie title isn't really a story.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Gamersgate was originally about journalistic integrity.
It still is. Even if there are a lot more involvement with trying to stop SJWs, we have still recently made some big breakthroughs changing ethics policies of various journalism sites.

Escapist comes to mind, but I would need to go back and look up who was the more recent breakthrough. Right now we are dealing with the gamergate block bot.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Which came up because a jealous ex-boyfriend leaked her Facebook. There was one reviewer involved and he never reviewed her game, only bringing it up once.
From what I understand, more has been found.

Apparently sexual favors for good reviews is something more rampant than we thought.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oh I remember the Quinnspiracy, even people thought KnowYourMeme was in danger to be shut down in a censorship attempt... I stopped reading about the subject later after seeing it was escalating a lot

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Which came up because a jealous ex-boyfriend leaked her Facebook. There was one reviewer involved and he never reviewed her game, only bringing it up once. Allegedly she slept with others, like a normal 20-something girl. No story imo. How Mass Effect 3 got such good scores is a huge sign of a lack of journalistic integrity.
There is a reason we call her a literally who. Because she isn't involved anymore. She was a catalyst, but we don't care about her now.

Also, yes, Mass Effect 3 is a huge sign of a lack of journalistic integrity...but so is sites not disclosing information on relationships with people involved with the game.

Edit: Oh yeah the censorship.

Speaking KYM, pretty much the best place to ask where the gamergate supporters are coming from. As long as you don't sound rude.

2nd Edit: Zoey wasn't even the biggest catalyst. It was the "Gamers are Dead" articles.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It still is. Even if there are a lot more involvement with trying to stop SJWs, we have still recently made some big breakthroughs changing ethics policies of various journalism sites.

Escapist comes to mind, but I would need to go back and look up who was the more recent breakthrough. Right now we are dealing with the gamergate block bot.
Are we talking about the same gamergate? Because I don't think we are. The gamergate I'm thinking of is a movement that sprung up to harass an innocent indie developer for the heinous crime of being a woman who makes video games, using the excuse of a blatantly false accusation that really shouldn't have been a problem even if it was true because a woman's sex life is her own business!

If it was ACTUALLY about journalistic integrity, they'd focus on the bribery aspect, which would have been just as valid with one of the many stories of monetary favors in exchange for good reviews, not the "a girl ****ed someone who isn't me boo hoo" aspect.

I know journalistic integrity does have serious problems, but for the sake of your dignity, I suggest you don't march under such a shameful banner.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Windows 10!!1one

I DONT RECALL A 9

:006:
prepears ur anus 4 mind blow.

The square root of 9 is 3.
What is the first thing you think of when you see 3? That's right.

upload_2015-3-25_21-18-29.png

butts m8,call me Billy Mays,cause there's more!
How many sides are on a triangle? 3.
How many steps does it take to make an eye?
  1. Curve upwards
  2. Curve downwards
  3. Shade in the middle of the two pieces
Yes,once again,it is a 3.
But what could possibly hold all those three step-

upload_2015-3-25_21-21-34.jpeg

oshizzlem8

If Windows 9 conframed
HL3 is conframed
but Illuminati wud be conframed
Therefore,Windows 9 cannot happen,and neither can HL3.

I know my child,it sounds :083:,but :177:worry,many can agree with me.

R0Y

Smash Master
There is a reason we call her a literally who. Because she isn't involved anymore. She was a catalyst, but we don't care about her now.

Also, yes, Mass Effect 3 is a huge sign of a lack of journalistic integrity...but so is sites not disclosing information on relationships with people involved with the game.

Edit: Oh yeah the censorship.

Speaking KYM, pretty much the best place to ask where the gamergate supporters are coming from. As long as you don't sound rude.

2nd Edit: Zoey wasn't even the biggest catalyst. It was the "Gamers are Dead" articles.
People fail to disclose conflicts of interest all the time, and the American gaming industry is made up of fewer people than we generally think, so it wasn't really a surprise. He wasn't about to say "I slept with the creator of this game."

Also, "gaming journalists" biting the proverbial hand that feeds them, not surprising. I watched this all unfold, just don't give them clicks.

This isn't really a thing most people like to talk about anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom