• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If only TV shows were good like they were back in the day.
I still remember how good Courage and Grim were when they were on. The old days. Regular Show and SU are good for this gen, for me that is.

:4palutena: Surprised I'll be doing this for a bit.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Those murder/crime/cop/whatever shows are usually on, CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds...

That last one is the one with that guy, I think. That's my favorite of the bunch.

Though I do always enjoy Castle when it comes on.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I don't really watch any animated shows targeted towards specifically towards older audiences, but I have been considering trying Rick & Morty for a while.
Rick & Morty is hamazing. It's Back To The Future x Doctor Who on crack, peppered heartily with sardonic comedy. The deconstruction and subversion of sci-fi tropes and stories is highly intelligent and entertaining, and the bleak/cynical/nihilistic tone of the show serves to affirm its deeply existential and optimistic foundation.

The first season only has 11 episodes, and the second season only starts this summer. So if you binge through it -- because you totally will -- you'll be left with several months of waiting. But it's worth the splurge anyway.

There's a few other things I haven't even started on yet but have a lot of interest in, like RWBY, One Piece, and possibly Korra.
Have you seen Last Airbender? Might want to check that out first, since Korra is the sequel series. If not, go right ahead. Korra ended on a strong note overall. While Books 1 & 2 had hit-and-miss quality (especially the latter), Books 3 & 4 stepped up the game greatly.

...no Regular Show?
Have not yet tried. Though I think I will eventually, since its often mentioned in the same breath as other modern cartoon greats.

D

Deleted member

If only TV shows were good like they were back in the day.
TV shows these days are bland these days that there isn't a point in watching them. I can't think of a good one at the moment, but then again, I don't watch TV much. If anything, I leave it as an ornament / in the background or just turn it off to save energy when not playing games on home consoles.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
only starter i don't have is chikorita now

i also don't have totodile, but as soon as i beat the game i can get one from the prof guy

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How often do staff members put new mods? Just wondering.
Only when there is a vacancy, or a mod steps down, or a board doesn't have sufficient mods. There's no routine, really.

If you're active/constuctive enough on the Pika boards, you might get recruited some day.
Most importantly, don't pester about wanting to become one. That can KILL your chances.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Saw trailer drake video:
RPG=Role Playing Game
If you are playing as a plumber to save a princess on a 2D world,you have a role and you are playing a game.
Super mario bros. is a RPG.
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I... I seriously need to talk to someone. I have a huge prejudice that I really need to get rid of. I need to knock the bigot out of myself.

This isn't even about Smash. I need help in not irrationally hating a group of people. I tried and I tried, but I can't do it on my own.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I... I seriously need to talk to someone. I have a huge prejudice that I really need to get rid of. I need to knock the bigot out of myself.

This isn't even about Smash. I need help in not irrationally hating a group of people. I tried and I tried, but I can't do it on my own.
To your credit, you already have taken the first step of realising it.
I don't think it can be done quickly. Changing your mindset is a slow process. If try to change too quickly, you'll feel very uncomfortable.

If you don't mind me asking, what group of people are you hating?

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
To your credit, you already have taken the first step of realising it.
I don't think it can be done quickly. Changing your mindset is a slow process. If try to change too quickly, you'll feel very uncomfortable.

If you don't mind me asking, what group of people are you hating?
Atheists.

It's not because "blargrahghrh ur goin 2 hel" or something like that - it's because I think it's absolutely deplorable to go around telling people that there's no such thing as an eternity.

I'm the type of person that can't bear to do something if there's no point to it, and it tears me up when things are lost for good. And too many people get their sick kicks telling me that EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE will be lost for good in a few trillion years. If that's true, if nobody will remember us when we're gone, then why even bother living! If we and everything connected to us vanishes, we will effectively have never been born at all. So if there really is nothing out there, there's nothing to stop me from blowing my own brains out here and now, because what would be the point of doing anything else?

I'm really sorry... I am trying to change my mindset and respect others, I really am... It's just hard to. I've been personally attacked so many times and it's hard to shake that. And by being a hypocrite like this, I'm proving them all to be right.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Eight headgears left and a bunch of custom moves left. Also, I usually destroy 450 to 500 blocks in Trophy Rush. If I pretended that I never played Trophy Rush, at most, it would take 112 tries to beat the 50000 block challenge if I were consistent. I've already lost track of how many times I've played it, but I just started playing 2-4 rounds after each character run in Classic. Hopefully I beat the challenge before the Classic on 7.0 with everyone challenge. I have 16 characters left for that challenge...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Atheists.

It's not because "blargrahghrh ur goin 2 hel" or something like that - it's because I think it's absolutely deplorable to go around telling people that there's no such thing as an eternity.

I'm the type of person that can't bear to do something if there's no point to it, and it tears me up when things are lost for good. And too many people get their sick kicks telling me that EVERYTHING IN THE UNIVERSE will be lost for good in a few trillion years. If that's true, if nobody will remember us when we're gone, then why even bother living! If we and everything connected to us vanishes, we will effectively have never been born at all. So if there really is nothing out there, there's nothing to stop me from blowing my own brains out here and now, because what would be the point of doing anything else?
That was quite deep...

Thoughts like that are quite depressing indeed. My way for coping with these thoughts was to live in the present and make the most of life, so that when you die you don't have any regrets. I mean, I don't see a point in bothering about what might happen in a few trillion because I won't be there to see it.

More on the Atheist bit, if they are trampling on your faith just for kicks, they are assholes and you should hate them. I'm an atheist as well, but I don't go around poking my nose into others' beliefs.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
That was quite deep...

Thinking like that is quite depressing indeed. My way for coping with these thoughts was to live in the present and make the most of life, so that when you die you don't have any regrets. I mean, I don't see a point in bothering about what might happen in a few trillion because I won't be there to see it.

More on the Atheist bit, if they are trampling on your faith just for kicks, they are *******s and you should hate them. I'm an atheist as well, but I don't go around poking my nose into others' beliefs.
I just want someone to miss me when I'm gone. I want someone to miss Earth when it's gone. I have faith because a god is the only being capable of doing that. This ******* who kept coming after me on another site was practically laughing at my hope that maybe things weren't entirely pointless, so I snapped and lashed out... Not just that. I threatened suicide and called the user out for making me feel the need to. I outright said, my exact words, "If I succumb to this, my blood is on your hands."And that's how I got permabanned from TVTropes.

How would you feel if you knew in advance that nobody would show up to your funeral? That's how I feel when people do things like that to me.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Atheists.

I'm really sorry... I am trying to change my mindset and respect others, I really am... It's just hard to. I've been personally attacked so many times and it's hard to shake that. And by being a hypocrite like this, I'm proving them all to be right.
That was quite deep...

Thoughts like that are quite depressing indeed. My way for coping with these thoughts was to live in the present and make the most of life, so that when you die you don't have any regrets. I mean, I don't see a point in bothering about what might happen in a few trillion because I won't be there to see it.

More on the Atheist bit, if they are trampling on your faith just for kicks, they are *******s and you should hate them. I'm an atheist as well, but I don't go around poking my nose into others' beliefs.
More or less what Fal said. Although from your summary, Fal, you sound more like an agnostic, which is a religious person that doesn't give a **** about religion and leaves people to it. Atheists are the more, "Life has no meaning, there is no God", etc., types; you sound much more open-minded. I'm agnostic myself, but still hold some Christian values I learned growing up in a Christian household.

The best I can give you, Saki, is that if there is a Hell, atheists will certainly be there. If that doesn't cheer you up, then maybe just stay away form atheists and make your life a whole lot easier.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Atheists.

Dude, no kidding, but I sometimes think about that myself, the whole "lost forever" thing. I believe in God so that keeps me comfort, but if I didnt I still wouldnt think everything will ever gone forever, with how technology is progressing, in those trillion years we'l find ways to preserve ourselves and our history no problem.

And people who do stuff to provoke you are just assholes, may not even be atheists, but trolls who do it for kicks, from virious beliefs. Honestly, this way of thinking fits nihilism more than atheism.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just want someone to miss me when I'm gone. I want someone to miss Earth when it's gone. I have faith because a god is the only being capable of doing that. This ******* who kept coming after me on another site was practically laughing at my hope that maybe things weren't entirely pointless, so I snapped and lashed out... Not just that. I threatened suicide and called the user out for making me feel the need to. I outright said, my exact words, "If I succumb to this, my blood is on your hands."And that's how I got permabanned from TVTropes.

How would you feel if you knew in advance that nobody would show up to your funeral? That's how I feel when people do things like that to me.
Well, I'd say that first and foremost, you need to learn not to take everything seriously, especially on the internet. Learn to shrug off things that won't have a consequence in real life. Let him say whatever he want. Don't him a reaction. If you do, you're playing straight into his hands. Remember, you don't have to pay attention or reply to someone. It's often better to say nothing.

And for being remembered, if are a good man, then there always will be someone who remembers you. OR get married and raise a family. You will be remembered. :p

Although from your summary, Fal, you sound more like an agnostic, which is a religious person that doesn't give a **** about religion and leaves people to it. Atheists are the more, "Life has no meaning, there is no God", etc., types; you sound much more open-minded. I'm agnostic myself, but still hold some Christian values I learned growing up in a Christian household.
I guess. I'll add that word to my vocabulary.

Some new characters for Pokken

GARDEVOIR?!!1??1!1!
My life is complete. :colorful:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Very nice. I like their designs as well. It looks like we're going to have a very diverse roster in terms on fighting styles. Bestial is good to have as an option.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hello Palutena look-a-like... I mean Gardevoir. <33
While I won't ever be able to play this game, I do want to see gameplay of it when it appears.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That was quite deep...
This. I am probably one of the most 'Atheist' people on this forum but I have never called someone out for believing something I don't. Particularly because it's so volatile, but mostly because it's kind of ****ty.

That being said, "Atheists" aren't a group of people. They're just anyone who doesn't believe in a higher power. Honestly, when referring to myself as one, it's more of a matter of fact; most people who are proudly 'Atheist' are probably not my friends. :laugh:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Atheists.

Try to think on the positive side. Sure, it's cliche, but 'hate the sin, not the sinner' is something to live by.
For, love of neighbor is the natural extension of love of God. The fact you're having these concerns shows us that God is giving you the grace to feel like you're doing something wrong. Shame is good, and you are far more a man than many others for admitting your faults. Ultimately, work on loving God all the more, and your love of your fellow man will naturally grow, so too will your shame go away and be replaced with the charity which is love.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
More or less what Fal said. Although from your summary, Fal, you sound more like an agnostic, which is a religious person that doesn't give a **** about religion and leaves people to it. Atheists are the more, "Life has no meaning, there is no God", etc., types; you sound much more open-minded. I'm agnostic myself, but still hold some Christian values I learned growing up in a Christian
I'm sort of in between Agnostic and Atheist. I'm not open-minded about it, but I don't believe I have all the answers either...so I don't know what to call myself except ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom