• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
This is the last sketch I've done of the alien species in my novels, drawn several months ago. I really should update the design, because I still think they look too humanoid to be believably alien. Any tips on changes I can make?

View attachment 34121
Add roundness to the forehead and add some dynamics to the neck, such as the appearance of a neck joint by making feathers break over the neckline. They look like they have bare skin.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
So I just signed up for my first online Smash tournament eeeeeekkkk I'm so freaking nervous

Time to go practice...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Add roundness to the forehead and add some dynamics to the neck, such as the appearance of a neck joint by making feathers break the neckline. They look like they have bare skin.
Okay, thanks. That's actually a really good suggestion to make them look less human without looking too monstrous (which is what I was primarily worried about.)

I'm also thinking of having their general posture be a bit more hunched over to give them a resemblance to Archaeoraptor (pictured), but I'm still on the fence about that.

39E9EF7A-A421-4075-855A-D4F71603C9A1.JPG

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Hey, anyone caught up with ProJared's Nuzlocke of Alpha Sapphire?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is the last sketch I've done of the alien species in my novels, drawn several months ago. I really should update the design, because I still think they look too humanoid to be believably alien. Any tips on changes I can make?

View attachment 34121
Maybe the arms can match bird talons instead. Make the eyes wider(in a typical alien fashion)or give them a unique pupil. Not too sure what to do with the beak, but I'd personally make it a bit longer. All in all, it's not too bad actually.

Just keep at it and you'll find a design you'll want to stick with.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
@ Luggy Luggy gg man. I gotta go though. Some other time?
GG too lad. We are pretty much at the same level in terms of skill, though your Captain Falcon destroys my Doc easily (those stomps kills him so bad). But yeah, GG.
We can fight whenever you want lad, as long as I'm free to do it.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
GG too lad. We are pretty much at the same level in terms of skill, though your Captain Falcon destroys my Doc easily (those stomps kills him so bad). But yeah, GG.
We can fight whenever you want lad, as long as I'm free to do it.
Yeah, man. You were pretty good too. Thems were nice matches.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
LOL This guy on FG beat me with his little mac then changed his name to "uranoob"

When I 2 stocked his Yoshi (who I was playing as), I changed my name to "scrub" then he immediately left after I beat his Shulk.

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
LOL This guy on FG beat me with his little mac then changed his name to "uranoob"

When I 2 stocked his Yoshi (who I was playing as), I changed my name to "scrub" then he immediately left after I beat his Shulk.
Something like that happened to me. But I JV 2stocked this donkey Kong after he called me a loser.
So satisfying.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Something like that happened to me. But I JV 2stocked this donkey Kong after he called me a loser.
So satisfying.
Why do people even have to be ***** like that? Its almost always the bad players who do that crap--the good players never do that (some exceptions exist of course). Either way it was hilarious to watch him change monado arts without knowing about the animation afterwards only to get upsmashed by Yoshi's foot :4yoshi:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I only bull**** if both sides are doing it and are fine with it.

I feel like doing it to degrade someone is kind of poor sportsmanship.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, they both taste the same to me. Maybe it's because I've drunk more diet soda than regular, but I never did find a difference between the two.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*tries bringing files from old cpu to new laptop*
*can't, file to big*

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Have you ever had a dream that you're running from something and you can't escape?
It's actually a pretty common dream for people. I don't remember having one though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have you ever had a dream that you're running from something and you can't escape?
When I was younger, I would have dreams I was running (and hiding) from a Carnotaurus. Specifically one of the ones from that Dinosaur movie by Disney.

This thing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I think my dreams try to get me to run away from something, but I always end up fighting it DBZ style instead. :laugh:
I haven't had an actual dream for 2 years.
Every other sleep past then was either entire blackness for 5 seconds or a loading bar.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My god. I really hate the "Recover stat boosts a Metroid stole from you" challenge. It doesn't seem too hard, but then Metroids never show up. I swear I've put more time into Smash Tour than any other mode because of this stupid thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Dammit, Smash 4 really put :4drmario: low. Without wavedashing and the nerf of his tornado, he really suffers with the engine of the game. I still like to play him, but my god his matchups are weird.

Also, I was looking on google "Smash 4 Tier List" just for finding the Japanese tier list, and found this.
So apparently, :4dk: is the worst character to play in the whole game in this tier list. Well, only in a tier view. It's weird though, I always thought DK was higher than that, he's still a cool character in competitive play. I know it's only a tier list, but it's fun to see where your main is for people.

Last edited:

Zebkeet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ivan_Revi_Adames
When I was younger, I would have dreams I was running (and hiding) from a Carnotaurus. Specifically one of the ones from that Dinosaur movie by Disney.

This thing.
I got caught in a stampede Simba style.
I think my dreams try to get me to run away from something, but I always end up fighting it DBZ style instead. :laugh:
I remember I had one where I was part of some hylian war.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom