• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To those who use Chrome, do you know of the dinosaur minigame? I just managed to glitch it, and the game is running without the T. Rex. :laugh:

upload_2015-3-23_0-11-44.png

:231:

D

Deleted member

...okay, why do I have a sudden burning hatred for the Pokémon franchise? One second, I'm indifferent to it, and the next, I'm clawing and scraping at its many, many problems with a butcher's knife.
I actually hated the franchise for a while, but then got neutral all over it. I tend to ignore that stuff just because it doesn't interest me. :troll:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Hating your avatar :troll:

Sersiously though, things are pretty Flight boring
Like my new profile pic with 10% more shy guy :troll:. EDIT: In all seriousness, I am trying to get a new profile pic as my pic is from a game I was playing at the time ( AKA Meme Run) as I was setting up my Smash Boards account on Wii U's internet browser. So technically, this was suppose to be temporary.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Daily Bootleg Time.

-47.2/13 at least you tried.

Like my new profile pic with 10% more shy guy :troll:.
I'm more about the Meme Run than the shy guy.
Seriously,who thought it was a good idea to put it on the Wii U?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I actually hated the franchise for a while, but then got neutral all over it. I tend to ignore that stuff just because it doesn't interest me. :troll:
The sad part is I used to love it, but recent event after recent event has caused me to slash it wide open and then never touch it again;

1. The announcement that X/Y would not receive a compatibility patch to be able to play against copies of ORAS. It was justifiable with older technology, but now there's no excuse.
  2. :4greninja:'s banning, which I wanted to oppose at first because he's ****ing Greninja, but then realizing I didn't have any good arguments made me take a long, hard look at what an imbalanced, bug-ridden mess the series is.
  3. Pokémon Shuffle, which smugly violates everything that Nintendo stands for with its very concept. (Sheesh, defenders, it's just a repackaged Battle Troezi that costs more, seriously.)
  4. And finally, Game Freak's traitorous, backstabbing vanity project, Tembo the Badass Elephant.

I WANT to still like it, but I just can't bring myself to.

D

Deleted member

To those who use Chrome, do you know of the dinosaur minigame? I just managed to glitch it, and the game is running without the T. Rex. :laugh:

View attachment 43891

I'm aware about that. Must be hard playing the game without the dinosaur lol.
And that User Menu at the top right (before Minimize) is useless. I found a way to remove it. Guest browsing is also useless when you have Incognito mode already.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm aware about that. Must be hard playing the game without the dinosaur lol.
And that User Menu at the top right (before Minimize) is useless. I found a way to remove it. Guest browsing is also useless when you have Incognito mode already.
I don't really mind it. I'll let it stay. :p

D

Deleted member

And finally, Game Freak's traitorous, backstabbing vanity project, Tembo the Badass Elephant.
Honestly, I was never fond of Game Freak's stuff. Putting that game on anything but Wii U doesn't make any sense, but okay, whatever.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
And finally, Game Freak's traitorous, backstabbing vanity project, Tembo the Badass Elephant.
Implying that Game Freak has never made a game for not Nintendo consoles.

Like really, that's a very fanboyish comment, you say it like they will never work with Nintendo anymore.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
  1. :4greninja:'s banning, which I wanted to oppose at first because he's ****ing Greninja, but then realizing I didn't have any good arguments made me take a long, hard look at what an imbalanced, bug-ridden mess the series is.
Bug-Ridden mess
Dude this isn't Gen I-II anymore :p

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
The company who made the intro of Wario Land: Shake it, is Production I.G. They also made an anime of Attack on Titan

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I finally got my Smash 4 CD in the mail. Pretty happy about that.
Am I the only one who had to wait awhile? A friend of mine got it almost 3 weeks ago.

Soul.

Greninja was banned because it was centralizing to the OU metagame. You'd think Smogon would keep "broken" Pokémon?
Mewtwo in RBY, Snorlax in GSC, Lati@s in RSE, Garchomp and Latias in DPP, Landorus-I/Excadrill/Garchomp (unbanned later)/Tornadus-T/Deoxys-S/Deoxys-D in BW.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
The sad part is I used to love it, but recent event after recent event has caused me to slash it wide open and then never touch it again;

1. The announcement that X/Y would not receive a compatibility patch to be able to play against copies of ORAS. It was justifiable with older technology, but now there's no excuse.
  2. :4greninja:'s banning, which I wanted to oppose at first because he's ****ing Greninja, but then realizing I didn't have any good arguments made me take a long, hard look at what an imbalanced, bug-ridden mess the series is.
  3. Pokémon Shuffle, which smugly violates everything that Nintendo stands for with its very concept. (Sheesh, defenders, it's just a repackaged Battle Troezi that costs more, seriously.)
  4. And finally, Game Freak's traitorous, backstabbing vanity project, Tembo the Badass Elephant.

I WANT to still like it, but I just can't bring myself to.
1. Annoying, but understandable, with new Megas and such it would've been a BIG patch.
2. Blame Smogon. I do. Often. :)
3. It's free you can do EVERYTHING for free.
4. Who cares? I would not have bought it. They don't have a contract with Nintendo for anything other than Pokemon. It's not betrayal.

Overall I think you're being harsh. But of course I would defend Game Freak.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Well, all fighting games (or most) start as arcades in Japan, so there is a huge chance Pokken will be on the wii u...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You mean this picture:

?

It's almost hilarious to imagine Tauros and Persian were OU in gen I.
That's why I love Gen I, it was so hilariously broken; making the too easy or too hard sometimes (Wrap Hax for example)

Actually Twitch Plays Pokémon managed to do great wins using the broken mehcanics; like KOing everything with Crit Slashes

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I've just watched a video (in french) talking about a possible reboot of the Pokemon series. For some reason, I'm not really against the idea of rebooting those games. When you think about it, Pokemon games are old now, near their 20's to be exact.

Wouldn't it be nice to have an actual new game rather than having the same game, over and over, with updates as new content ? I mean, a lot of series changed their concepts, but not really Pokemon. Unlike Mario for example, who went from 2D platformers to 3D ones and even RPGs, Pokemon has always been pretty stoical in terms of changes. Of course, there was big ones, like the mega-evolutions, but the concept was always the same. Same story, same objectives, same mechanics : other than graphics and minor changes in competitive things, Pokemon never changed drastically.

Why not having a new fresh Pokemon game, with a new concept, a new story, with new mechanics. Why not actually changing the games rather than adding features that disappears over time ? That would be nice and could give the series a fresh start for a younger audience.

I dunno, it's just a thought I had today. Probably because I'm bored and I don't want to study. At least, it makes the time go faster, I guess.
Honestly, I asked myself this question, but first jsut want to point something out: I do not consider any rpg series of mario to be part of the main series....it`s more of a sub series that acts on its own which isn`t the same as spin off games (at least imo, I do see a little distinction).

But pokemon.....yeah, let me explain why this is a very weird situation.

I`m someone who just encourage innovation and diversity in the industry. To better illustrate this, the best quote I heard from Sakurai was this:

"It was tough for me to see that every time I made a new game, people automatically assumed that a sequel was coming. Even if it's a sequel, lots of people have to give their all to make a game, but some people think the sequel process happens naturally."
- Masahiro Sakurai

Now, this is really one of many reasons why I love nintendo in general, I just have the feeling they`re one of the rare companies that just got it long ago and still knows it. The other common group I mention is lots of indies developpers, but remember that they get a lot of inspiration from nintendo.

What does it means exactly?

I just HATE oversequalisation. If there`s a point to do a sequel whether it`s for improvements, polishing or mostly enhancing, these are really good reasons to sequelise a series. But some series like ssb are particular in the way that time will make improvements most of the time possible because ssb relies on repping nintendo which goes through a lot with years. Most of the time, if let`s say an hardware made a feature impossible to have on a game, it might be interesting to consider for the futur technology.

Which is actually what leads me to pokemon. The gameplay and the basic formula never chnaged that drastically since I`ll say gen 3 because prior to this gen, it is impossible to have any compatibility on futur gen, but even then, it didn`t changed much before gen 3. So, why the sequel still worth it?

The philosophy behind pokemon is that they want you to really feel the game`s features surrounding you. They really enchance a whole lot on connectivity and by that I mean it`s almost a top priority. It went from link cable to internet trade that can take litterally 1 minute from the wonder trade. Same for battle and pretty much a lot of the same basic formula. What always changes to the point when it`s expected is the increase of the number of total pokemon which let`s be honest, in itself, is never ground breaking. We know the number will keep increasing because if it stops.....then there`s not much point to do the sequel, but it`s more BOTH the increase AND the enhancement in communication that explains the persistency.

The gameplay kept becomming easier and communication kept becomming more fun to use which is good because it doesn`t mean you buy the same thing, but you rather buy an enhancement of what was released prior.

HOWEVER, there`s a clear limit. To me, I think this is not going to last forever and there will be a point when it`s just too good to have major improvements. And what made me torn on the question is that if you look currently, don`t you think we are VERY close to reach thiis limit? I mean internet communication are so easy to use that I now have more difficulty to get how it can be better. JUST increasing the number will just not going to do it on its own, I`m serious, most of the value of the game is after you are done with the solo gameplay, but if that part doesn`t change much....wel it really starts to show its limit.

And THAT`s when it would be time to reboot or drastically change the base because the implementation is really starting to be very polished.

TL;DR, not neccessarilly now, but definetely int he future.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Greninja was banned because it was centralizing to the OU metagame. You'd think Smogon would keep "broken" Pokémon?
Mewtwo in RBY, Snorlax in GSC, Lati@s in RSE, Garchomp and Latias in DPP, Landorus-I/Excadrill/Garchomp (unbanned later)/Tornadus-T/Deoxys-S/Deoxys-D in BW.
I know it's broken. Broken pokémon shouldn't be broken. It's like how I was so worried about Pre-Patch!:4yoshi: being broken, and thus very nearly dropping him as a main despite how much I liked him.The series needs a complete, total, and radical rebalancing, which Game Freak has proven time and time again that they are unwilling to do.

Last edited:

Soul.

No. Pokémon doesn't need a reboot. Gen 5 tried to do that with its own Route 1 and **** but it still had every other Pokémon.
I'm getting tired of Game Freak using Route 1-3?? on newer games instead of following the Sinnoh Route's numbers..
I know it's broken. Broken pokémon shouldn't be broken. It's like how I was so worried about Pre-Patch!:4yoshi: being broken, and thus very nearly dropping him as a main despite how much I liked him.The series needs a complete, total, and radical rebalancing, which Game Freak has proven time and time again that they are unwilling to do.
Game Freak's balance comes from them using the Doubles format. Unless they start using Singles and THEN balance the format, I don't know.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Pokemon talk, I not really a big fan of Pokemon so I don't know what I can add to this conversation. I only really played the mystery dungeon games and two Pokemon games.

D

Deleted member

No. Pokémon doesn't need a reboot. Gen 5 tried to do that with its own Route 1 and **** but it still had every other Pokémon.
I'm getting tired of Game Freak using Route 1-3?? on newer games instead of following the Sinnoh Route's numbers..
For new players maybe? I don't know much about Pokémon, so I'm back to lurking.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We need a Kanto game, not a Re-Remake of Gen I but a new story contemporaneous to X/Y to see how that region changed, new Gym Leaders, a Neo-Team Rocket, etc.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I spent this entire afternoon trying to fix a bug only to find out that it was a misplaced } in the entire code.

Yay, programming.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Miiverse....

They call this a Leak.
This is literally Project M.
How do I know?
You can hear Sonic's Voice at the 11-Second Mark, it it ain't Roger C. Smith.

11/10 Atleast you tried
Also, they used a stage that's not in the 3DS version with what looks at first glance to be the 3DS version's resolution and graphical quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom