• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal: We need a wakeup call.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I just read the section on manuevering out of shield because a lot of foxes (mostly Oscar) make me scared when they hit my shield.

I'm probably gonna read the part about ledge options tomorrow. Peach hanging on the ledge is horrible

joeplicate

Smash Master
oh

i was reading it for mixing it up/trying new **** in friendlies, which i don't do enough

and practicing tech skill

my shai drops are on point

i'm so tired tho -~-

i set up my SMASH BLOG
expect a post TOMORROW

joeplicate

Smash Master
yeah

it's not like if you don't learn to shai drop, you'll be left in the dust or anything like that
but if you like practicing, then it's really hard to get down and really satisfying once you do

i think it would be about 3x as useful for falco

D

Deleted member

shai drop ***** because most people roll the over direction if you are on a platform and in most cases you can only reach them if you shai drop

don't feel like sitting down and practicing it though

joeplicate

Smash Master
with marth (and a lot of other floaty characters) I think shai drops are really good for punishing missed techs

shai drop uair could potentially be useful in those situations

plus super sexy

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i find it much easier to do running shield drops by doing

dash -> straight down on the control stick -> shield

as opposed to

dash -> shield -> 45 degree angle down

I used to use the latter, but my consistency with it increased a lot once I started just doing the first way.

Axe is the other way around.

Different strokes, I guess.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Thanks Tai and pockyd.

It sounds like it really is only useful for cancelling dashing, rather than being faster.

Shield dropping sounds pretty rigged for dropping through platforms against character who try to pressure your shield. Unless they are Fox or Falco.

joeplicate

Smash Master
it's not u tai i think smashboards is being gay

and technically when you shield drop your aerials came come out 3 frames faster or something

Top Bottom