• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Aesis

Smash Ace
hello from italy
it is currently 3:35 am
some updates on my life even though everyone i knew in socal before i started hosting tourneys is gone:

- i have a new girlfriend whom i will never bring to a tournament for you guys to oogle at
- i'm 2,382 words into my 10 page paper on the proliferation of italian opera in the 18th century that i started 12 hours ago -- did you know that red bull gives you wings?

btw this paper is due four days from now
cheers to procrastination (sarcasm)

- i want to play competitively again, but i know i'm just going to stop trying after my first tournament back and realize why i originally quit in the first place: i have too many obligations that actually matter in my life
- i'm going to be a 4th year at ucla after i come back
- i think you should aim high and transfer out of community college (it's easier, 30% admission rate @ ucla compared to 10% of 45,000 straight out of high school)
- go for gold, look at mango he won pound 3
- never settle for a c

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
If by amazing, you mean in no way helpful relative to how good an essay potentially could have been had the proper attention been given, then yeah, quite amazing..
lol. I guess it depends on what type of person u are. I dont know how you write essays but I never liked writing and have serious trouble making myself do them. unless im pressured. Something about me having no other options than to get it done focuses my mind on that one task and Im usually most productive. I also work better mid day [before 5pm but after 11am] or at night.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
- i think you should aim high and transfer out of community college (it's easier, 30% admission rate @ ucla compared to 10% of 45,000 straight out of high school)

i 100% agree with this statement

lol. I guess it depends on what type of person u are. I dont know how you write essays but I never liked writing and have serious trouble making myself do them. unless im pressured. Something about me having no other options than to get it done focuses my mind on that one task and Im usually most productive. I also work better mid day [before 5pm but after 11am] or at night.
It just seems as though waiting until the last moment would only make it more obligatory thus making you want to do it even less thus limits are set. That's how it works for me

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
im working on an essay due at 8am right now

and i always see srb on facebook posting about essays due the next day

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea any essay that doesnt require an exceptional amount of research I tend to do the night before if its 3 or less pages. If its 4-5 I try to start that day and if its long then two to three days before is what I gotta do.

pockyD

Smash Legend
to clarify, last minute essays are the best for essays that you 'just want done', which is why i assume people are procrastinating on them anyway

if you enjoy the writing process and/or want to put out something truly amazing, then that desire alone should already be driving you to start early

basically, there's nothing wrong with starting at the last minute, because if you had legitimately wanted to do a better job, you would have already started instead of thinking about when to start

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
no one writes better under pressure.

i used to tell myself this all the time, but LOL no, you just don't write better under pressure.

one word: edit.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
no one writes better under pressure.

i used to tell myself this all the time, but LOL no, you just don't write better under pressure.

one word: edit.
For one thing im alot more likely to start under pressure. Id have to say that pockyd was right in sayin that pressure is better for just getting it done.

I could would produce a better paper with time and effort but if I use that time to do other things I can still get a better effort to grade ratio if I do it last minutes.

Writing isnt my best subject [no johns] but I will generally write high C's to mid B papers without much effort at all. If I take time and try, I am still probably lookin at low B to low A unless its an easy topic then probably either way get an A. I dont enjoy it and therefore, will spend less time doing it while still getting it done.

Top Bottom