• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Charoo

Smash Champion
from the 2GG thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13110377#post13110377

pretty much = more people = more sponsors = bigger bonus pot

Great new guys!

Just got back from MLG helping NOS there

anyways, on Aug. 20th it will be our last event till further notice. Fall's class booking haven't started yet so I don't know if there will be more 2GG or not @ CSULB

But the good news, as I talked to Lovage from the last event, we will be having a bonus pot for melee on 8/20. For now, the bonus pot will be $50 and will most likely increase as I talk to more people. This is of course for singles

We will also be giving out FREE expo passes to http://www.motionautoshow.com/ at the Long Beach Convention Center. I don't know how much I will get but 1st place will definitely get a pass from us.

Melee is looking good right now cause it's the game I'm mainly promoting to our potential/current sponsors. If you guys give a good showing on Aug 6th then I will be able to increase the bonus pot for Aug. 20th for sure!

Dan-E

Smash Apprentice
just moved to LA/El Segundo area. i'm horrible at smash but looking to get better. anybody interested in helping a newbie out/willing to repeatedly 4 stock me/recommend a tournament in my area?

soju

SD God
so i moved back to socal, and everyone who used to play in my area stopped playing. I was wondering if there was any players near Murrieta?

MacD

Banned via Administration
you probably shouldn't have started it with "peef sent..." haha

but depending on where in LA and what you consider far, you should be able to find a lot of people willing to play

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just moved to LA from MD/VA. I am between Brentwood and Westwood (on Wilshire, near Santa Monica) right now. Google maps link.

Does anyone know who is close to me? I'd like to play tomorrow. I don't have a car (though I will eventually) so I can't go too far; I'd need to be able to walk or take the bus/subway.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
darn you're actually like 45 minutes away. i'll come through if you ever hold a smash fest of some sort, but right now with how much money i have, 45 minutes is too far to play one person =/

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
stab <3

gotta admit I totally read your name as "stabbed by an apple" for the longest time lol

darn you're actually like 45 minutes away. i'll come through if you ever hold a smash fest of some sort, but right now with how much money i have, 45 minutes is too far to play one person =/
All good bro. I don't have a cube or CRT at my place yet so I doubt I'll be hosting anytime soon tho

We'll meet soon enough :)

D

Deleted member

in a few weeks i will live in LA too with a car

so i am down to play with u guys

Top Bottom