• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Jun.

Smash Lord
In all fairness, if the news did a story on the smash scene it'll make us look like f'in jokes too.

wait... are we?

JDM

Smash Champion
What type of fighting game style would you like to see? My dad is working with Activision and the proposal build is like a platformer (they told him to make it like smash). No MvC stuff because that is already being made. I told him maybe a similar style to Jump Ultimate Stars.

What do you guys think?

GSUB

Smash Lord
oh alright...

A game like smash would sell well.
If the gameplay is anywhere near what melee is like, I would probably play it, as would a lot of people I'm sure.

**** you anthony....I'm all excited now...!
I wanna know!!!
hahaah

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
3d? lol

as long as the developers keep in mind that it can become competitive and deep i don't mind what style it is

i don't think jump became too popular here, mostly since it was an import

ppl only really played it with friends or at conventions

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
What type of fighting game style would you like to see? My dad is working with Activision and the proposal build is like a platformer (they told him to make it like smash). No MvC stuff because that is already being made. I told him maybe a similar style to Jump Ultimate Stars.

What do you guys think?
A game where every character has no options except rush down and turtling is punished, and where combos go on for like 15 hits.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
if stabbed wanted to do the work my ****ty month old falco wouldn't be more technical than his year old one

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
stab is basically asking them to make guilty gear but with rushing as your only option lol

JDM

Smash Champion
We are proposing other game modes like capture the coins and other stuff. I'll tell him about a non health bar system for the main game.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
Make any fighter that doesn't use the health bar system.

IE any game that a character's death isn't based on a set amount of damage.
the only alternative is ..a damage percentage like smash huh?because "no set amount of damage" means like...no health bar/no HP/etc.i dunno maybe im just not creative enough

WHA?

Smash Ace
We are proposing other game modes like capture the coins and other stuff. I'll tell him about a non health bar system for the main game.
hey you!
i just cant pass up the opportunity to mention POWERSTONE!!!
gameplay like that is pretty **** fun
i dont know how to explain it, but when u compare the story mode of that to the brwal story mode crap, it is much more fun
it also depends on the complexity that is being sought after, because that game had like 3 buttons and not many combos, while GG and stuff can get pretty complex

INTERACTIVE environments are probably a good idea

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Sheridan, I have an idea for the Rocket Planes level that I'm 90% sure would work unless I'm forgetting some minor technical detail (which I don't believe I am), but given that I haven't been able to fit it on the grid yet, it's probably less efficient than whatever you have.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
hey you!
i just cant pass up the opportunity to mention POWERSTONE!!!
gameplay like that is pretty **** fun
i dont know how to explain it, but when u compare the story mode of that to the brwal story mode crap, it is much more fun
it also depends on the complexity that is being sought after, because that game had like 3 buttons and not many combos, while GG and stuff can get pretty complex

INTERACTIVE environments are probably a good idea
I love Power Stone. I plug in my Dreamcast to play that game every so often. :laugh:
Never bought or played the second one though.

Kira-

Smash Champion
the only alternative is ..a damage percentage like smash huh?because "no set amount of damage" means like...no health bar/no HP/etc.i dunno maybe im just not creative enough
i always wanted a legit way to win by positioning

or think of something like ender's game

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i never understood what the hub was

it always sounded like an irc channel to me

Top Bottom