• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Soaring in from Kalos: HAWLUUUUCHA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Soaring in from all the way in Kalos; measuring in at 47.4 pounds is el Wrestling Pokemon, ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡HAAAAAWLUUUUUUUUUUUCHAAAAAA!!!!!!!

¡¡¡What is el Hawlucha?!!!
Hawlucha is the Wrestling Pokemon. It's Kalos Dexnumber is is #089. In Japanese, it's name is Ruchaburu (ルチャブル). It is the only Pokemon with a Fighting and Flying typing thus making it a fairly unique Pokemon. It is known to not have any evolutions of mega evolutions but this does not limit its impressive strength and agility. While small, it utilizes an impressive amount of fighting techniques that can devastate the competition. It prefers to attack from above with surprise attacks and harnessing the velocity of its decent to maximum effect. It's design is a glorious hybrid of a hawk and a Luchador or a Mexican Wrestler. This Pokemon harnesses both strengths of its design; the speed and majesty of a hawk and the strength and awesomeness of a Luchador. Utilizing Flying and Fighting type attacks, it dominates battles like a winged masked wrestler that it is. Behind its mask beats the heart of a fighter.

¡¡¡Why El Hawlucha in El Smash?!!!
Why should Hawluca be in Smash when we have a wide variety of not only Pokemon representatives but other Nintendo representatives chomping at the bit to enter the fray? Let's look back at the previous generations. Aside from version mascots, there have been Pokemon that represented that generation. For 1, is was Pikachu and Mewtwo. For II, it was Pichu. For III, arguably, it was Deoxys. For IV, it was Lucario obviously and V was Zoroark. However, VI, visibly, does not have a definite representative with the exception of possibly Sylveon and the mega evolution forms of Mewtwo, Charizard, and Lucario. So who would best represent this new generation in Smash?

Some ideas have been thrown around for which Pokemon would best represent Gen VI and I offer Hawlucha as that representative. While he may be small in stature, he has a heart of a warrior, the speed of a hawk, and the strength of a raging luchador. Plus, it has a unique typing that seems perfect for Smash.

Gen VI introduced some unique typing combinations such as:
Grass/Ghost (Treeveant and Gourgeist line)
Rock/Dragon (Tyrantrum line)
Electric/Normal (Heliolisk line)
Poison/Dragon (Dragagle line)
Dark/Psychic (Malamar line)
Steel/Ghost (Aegislash line).

As well, Gen VI introduced the new Fairy typing. However, of all those possibilities, none really give off a Smash Bros. vibe. Members of the Aegislash line seem more like a Pokeball and less of an actual playable character. Tyrantrum could possibly be a unique addition but its small forearms might present it with a problem in a fight. Treeveant and Gourgeist also seem to fit the Pokeball more so than as a playable character. I would say the same for the others. When choosing from the list of Fairy types, Slyveon seems like a possible candidate and a contender for the spot.

However, Hawlucha seems built for Smash and here is how.

¡¡¡El Hawlucha in el Smash!!!
Hawlucha is a Fighting and Flying-type Pokemon that means it can fight both on land and in the air. This is perfect since Sakurai has been trying to perfect the "air game" in Smash by introducing the glide mechanic in Brawl. Hawlucha and go above and beyond this by incorporating devastating air-based attacks that gives it mastery in the skies.

Hawlucha was emphasize on speed, dexterity, jumping, and air speed. While on land, it is average at best but exels in dealing punishment in the skies. It would have multiple jumps as well as the gliding ability. However, one thing propose for Hawlucha is the ability to throw in mid-air or an air throw. In fact, Hawlucha would be the perfect character to introduce this mechanic. Dealing death from above by grabbing its opponents and slamming them back down into the ground.

It is small though, probably around Ness' size but packs a lot of power; especially in its throws. However, Hawlucha would lack a projectile but its air mastery would help it avoid these attacks. It's throws would be powerful and absolute; gaining more damage when performed in the air. As well, due to its mid-weight, it is not weak to combos and lightweights such as Kirby and Jiggs but it comparable to them in size. I would say its weight is comparable to Mario or Lucario.

¡¡¡El Potential Hawlucha Move Set!!!
First, I will be updating with Specials and Final Smash followed by a more elaborate move set.

Specials
Neutral B: Power Up Punch
Holding down B causes Hawlucha to releases a torrent of punches. Unlike attacks such as Bowser Neutral B, the attack does not lose power the longer it is held. However, it is able to injure Hawlucha after 10 seconds without rest; accumulating 2% each second. Each hit does 3% damage with little knock back thus totaling to 30% damage for 10 seconds. There is ending lag if the attack goes past the 10 second mark.
Side B: Wing Attack
Hawlucha rushes forwards on the wings of a Luchador. It resembles much like Meta Knight's Mach Drill and can even alter it trajectory by moving the joy stick. Once it hits the opponent, it will hit multiple times with freeze frames. It does 6% damage each hit. If all hits connect, it does 10% damage and high vertical knock back. There are some ending lag after it lands.
Up B: Sky Attack
Hawlucha takes to the sky; soaring straight upward and spreads its wings so it can glide effortessly. Does 25% damage sourspotted, 35% damage with sweetspotted on the tip of its beak. High vertical knock back for the sweetspot. After 6 seconds, it will slow down and stretch up its wings in order to glide.
Down B: Detect
Hawlucha predicts the enemies next move and prepares a guard. If the attack connects when it performs Detect, it will negate any damage. Has a slight start up and ending lag and can be punished. After the attack connects, Hawlucha will block it and nullify any damage. The opponent then enters into a slight lag after the attack connects.
Final Smash
Flying Press
Utilizing its signature move, it flies up towards the heavens with such extreme speed that it simply seems to vanish. After 8 seconds for impending doom, a screeching "MUUUUUUUUCHHHHA LUUUUUCHAAA!!!!" erupts on the screen and Hawlucha slams back down into the ground: performing a Flying Press into the ground. Astonishingly, it doesn't do any damage to Hawlucha but anyone caught in the center or fringes of the blast radius is catapulted up into the sky. It does between 65-45% damage; depending on where the opponent was of the landing zone. Opponents closest to the landing zone are obviously thrown up into the heavens and can OHKO light to mid-weight characters. Those on the fringes are either thrown up into the air or experience horizontal knockback due to the massive shockwave that is produced by Hawlucha slamming its gloriously refined body into the ground.

¡¡¡El Reasons for Hawlucha!!!
  1. It is a Fighting and Flying-type and fits Sakurai's desire to up the "air game" in Smash.
  2. Could possibly introduce the air throw mechanic.
  3. Awesome design and fairly popular on the internets.
  4. Based of a Luchador.
  5. It has a signature move, Flying Press.
  6. Despite being non-evolution Pokemon, it is extremely strong and powerful.
  7. It is a midweight yet small so hard to hit and juggle.
  8. Based off a Luchador
  9. Massively, insanely air game potential.
  10. Based off a Luchador.
  11. And do I need to say it again, based off a luchador.
¡¡¡El Reasons against Hawlucha!!!
  1. Not a Legendary (Nor is Piakchu, Pichu, Charziard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Jiggz, and Lucario)
  2. Not Gen VI mascot or a heavily advertised Pokemon (Mewtwo was added due to its iconic status in Gen 1 as was the Pokemon Trainer. Lucario was added due to its immense popularity at the time of Brawl. Time will tell if Hawlucha can stand up to it.)
  3. The roster was decided months ago. (This is a big hindrance to Hawlucha or any Gen VI Pokemon. However, I feel that if Sakurai wanted to add a Gen VI Pokemon, he would have contacted Game Freak about who to include. Sakurai didn't find out about X/Y when the public did that's for sure. While this is an assumption, I bet he new of X/Y right after B/W's release.)
  4. More Deserving Gen VI Pokes. (While there are a good amount of reps from Gen VI, Hawlucha IMO stands out among them. He is a single non-evolution Pokemon with a unique type combination and an awesome design. The only Gen VI Pokemon I see it hurting its chances is Slyveon but only due to its Fairy-typing.)
  5. Who says Sakurai wants to improve the air game in Smash? (During Brawl's development, Sakurai stated he wanted to incorporate air battles in Smash hence why he added the slide mechanic. It is not far fetched to say he will improve on this mechanic in SSB4. Hawlucha is a perfect character to help expand this air game that Sakurai has been trying to achieve since SSB64 (Apparently, Pit was cut due to difficulties in making him glide)).
¡¡¡El PICTURES!!!

¡¡¡El Hawlucha Groupies!!!
Venus of the Desert Bloom (Note: Zero Spanish proficiency)
Fortanono
KingofPhantoms47
Zuxxon
OcarinaOfDoom
Zero2570

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Oh yes I was wondering when this would be made, if there is a sixth gen pokemon that should be in smash (other than mewtwo) its hawlucha. I support the character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was thinking more of Hawlucha being a Poke Ball Pokemon, and utilizing Flying Press to give your opponents a beating.

Groose

Smash Champion
I support... but only if one of it's alternate color swaps is colored to look like this guy:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I speak spanish and we don't say "El" all the time and in all the sentences XD
-Sincerely El Chandelure...Viva El Waddle Dee!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I love this pokemon.

I did a fair amount of research on luchador and pro wrestling manuevers for my Star Man thread a while back:

Star Man moveset:
Normal Attacks:
AAAA: Kicking combo: Star Man hits a right handed punch. Then a right leg kick. then left leg kick. back right leg jump kick (savate kick). The kicking combo is very common in pro wrestling: Justin Gabriel Kick Combo
A Up: European Uppercut: Star Man hits any opponents above him with a european uppercut: Antonio Cesaro's Swiss Death
A down: low kick. While Crouching, Star Man hits with a standard low kick.
A tilt: Drop Kick: Star Man kicks and does a standing drop kick with a flip, so he can resume his stance after the kick. Randy Orton's Dropkick
A Running: Running High Knee. Star Man hits the opponent with his right knee. Evan Bourne's High Knee
Smash Attacks:
Forward: Enzigiri: Star Man does a standing Enzigiri with his right leg. ADR's Enzigiri
Up:Backflip kick: Star Man does a standing backflip kick. If it hits them, he also jumps off them to complete the flip. Daniel Bryan's Backflip
Down: Sweep Kick: Star Man does a full spin sweep kick. Gabriel's Sweep Kick
Grabs:
Grabs with both arms. If it's a smaller opponent, he bearhugs them while holding them up.
Headbutt. While holding the opponent.
Forward: Irish Whip. Star Man throws the opponent as if he was doing an irish whip, but it works like a throw.
Back: Back suplex (without bridge). Star Man snakes behind his opponent and unleashes a back suplex: ADR's Back Suplex
Down: Scoop Slam: Star Man lifts the opponent up and does a scoop slam to the ground: CM Punk's Scoop Slam
Up:Monkey flip. While standing, Star Man falls backward and does a monkey flip. Mil Mascaras at 0:07

Aerials:
Nair: Flying crossbody: MM at 2:24
Fair: Drop Kick: Zack Ryder's Top Rope Dropkick
Bair: Savate kick: RVD's Savate Kick
Dair: Diving knee: Seth Rollin's Diving Knee

Specials:
neutral: Front suplex: Star Man grapples the opponent and immediate does a standing suplex. MM at 0:58
up: Somersault kick: Star Man jumps in the air and does his first signature maneuvers. It hits anyone within the spectrum of the somersault. Star Man at 0:20
forward: Flying cross chop: Star Man's other signature maneuver. He does not need to run forward unlike his real life inspiration. He simple flies in the air and hits a cross chop. Can be use for recovery, but leaves in a recovery state. MM at 2:14
Down: Standing headscissors takedown. Star Man counters any physical strike by grabbing the attacking part and performing a headscissors to take the opponent down. MM at 1:09

Taunts:
Up: Star Man does a standing flip.
Forward: Star Man points at his opponent.
Down: Star Man gestures to the crowd for support.

Final Smash:
Cross Chop of the Century!
Based of the Kinnikuman finisher: Muscle Millennium. Star Man starts off by doing a standard signature somersault kick. anyone hit by this move is about to be instant KO'd. If it misses, the move does not proceed. After which, the players find themselves inside a wrestling ring (even if they are at the Ring stage) much like Captain Falcon. Star Man jumps on to the ropes and uses them as sling shot. He flies toward the opponent and hits the with a cross chop. Then they immediately go back to the normal stage and fly off into oblivion. Muscle Millennium from KG

I hope this can help with the moveset. I'll probably make one after a catch one, using this as a base.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Actually, it would be awesome if we could translate the section titles (those in color) into Spanish.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Planeando todo el camino desde Kalos; pesando solamente 21.63 kg., el Pokemon Luchador, ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡HAAAAAWLUUUUUUUUUUUCHAAAAAA!!!!!!!
¡¡¡¿Qué es Hawlucha?!!!

¡¡¡¿Por qué Hawlucha en Smash?!!!

¡¡¡Hawlucha en Smash!!!

¡¡¡El potencial de Hawlucha y sus movimientos!!!

¡¡¡Las razones a favor de Hawlucha!!!
¡¡¡Las razones en contra de Hawlucha!!!
¡¡¡Las imágenes!!!

¡¡¡Fanáticos de Hawlucha!!!
Here you go.

.n_n.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If we get the Rito from Wind Waker as palette swaps, then yes, I'd support!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'll definitely be supporting Hawlucha.

I'm not sure if the roster being decided ages ago is that detrimental. Who's to say Sakurai didn't know about Hawlucha in advance?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Are you serious???
Klefki is the best Gen VI non-evolutionary Pokémon, don't kid yourself Hawlucha supporters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Are you serious???
Klefki is the best Gen VI non-evolutionary Pokémon, don't kid yourself Hawlucha supporters.
Last time I checked, people hated it for being another "inanimate object Pokemon", though the Honedge family is much better. Hawlucha over all in the long run. :troll:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Last time I checked, people hated it for being another "inanimate object Pokemon", though the Honedge family is much better. Hawlucha over all in the long run. :troll:
Don't make me Play Rough with you now Fighting Type, you simply can't handle Klefki's Dazzling Gleam.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
can't belive I didn't see this yesterday! best idea ever!

even if he's not in this smash, we'll most likely see him in pokken fighters/tournament

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I support this! Best Gen. VI Pokémon! Actually Hawlucha is the third best gen. VI Pokémon, Zygarde and Heliolisk are better. But I still support since Hawlucha is the one that fits Smash better.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
hawlucha-2.gif

The only candidates I can mostly see for a Kalos Pokemon are the starters and legendaries, and the legendaries will most likely be Pokeball Pokemon.

Other than a Kalos trainer (my choices would be Chespin, Braixen, and Greninja), I'm not sure who would be most likely.

Out of the "ordinary" Pokemon though, Hawlucha would be my first choice.
Add me as a supporter.

------

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I gotta give you props for the first post Mr.Venus, it's very detailed, organised and it's even pleasing for the eyes. Good job setting a good example.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I have a Hawlucha in Pokemon Y nicknamed Pesado. Pesado is Spanish for Heavy, as I can't help but imagine him to have a Mexican version of a voice like this:
That said, all my support goes to Hawlucha, provided his voice is done by Gary Schwartz.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
we really need a board or group or SOMETHING for that new pokemon fighting game coming out. I'm sure Hawlucha would be on everyone's roster as a fan favorite.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hawlucha is one of those popular, but unlikely Pokemon that would be cool for a game like Smash. I mean it's a wrestling hawk! That's freaking sick. We need to find a way to make this guy the next Lucario, in terms of popularity.

He needs a dropkick. No wrestler type character is complete without a dropkick. And a backdrop too, that would be cool.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I definitely support this, Hawlucha is pure awesomeness in bird form.

I could see a lot of potential in terms of moveset for this little guy, Flying Press would probably be his centerpiece but there's also options like Hi Jump Kick and Acrobats and of course a luchadore inspired A moves. He'd be a lot of fun to see implement in this game.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Fortanono

Smash Ace

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
it's great that you want to join my group, but that group thing of mine is distracting us of out original goal.

HAWLUCHA FOR SMASH 4!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
support icon:

I finally caught one. And its awesome. I named it Beak.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One of the most popular pokemon in quite some time.

I support!

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Good! Excelente! Maravilloso! Yo en realidad no hablo español, así que no cite mi traducción inexacta!

I approve, I support, I CONQUER! VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!

Or something. :cool: Hawlucha is cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom