• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So yeah...I can win tournaments too.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just won the biggest texas brawl tournament so far. Pretty much every good player in texas was there.I got over $600.

All of the finals were recorded, as well as some of my other matches so I will put those here when they are uploaded...which should be soon.

I got 1st in teams as well >_>.

I fixed my problem against snakes. Didn't lose to any :).

rabbt

Smash Journeyman
I just won the biggest texas brawl tournament so far. Pretty much every good player in texas was there.I got over $600.

All of the finals were recorded, as well as some of my other matches so I will put those here when they are uploaded...which should be soon.

I got 1st in teams as well >_>.

I fixed my problem against snakes. Didn't lose to any :).
pics or it didnt happen

can i borrow $200?

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
good **** hylian, lets play sometime this week

i also won a tournament yesterday it wasn't very big but hey : )

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
good **** hylian, lets play sometime this week

i also won a tournament yesterday it wasn't very big but hey : )
Sure. I still need your Friend Code!!!!

And thanks a lot everyone ^_^.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Congrats!

All glory to G&W!!

orintemple

Smash Lord
Yea Lets see this stuff, I have recently picked up G&W and I want to see how you do your thing.

Good **** on your wins too Hylian!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
you better come to FAST 1 in FL. if you do i'll be happy to house you and your friends.
I will take you up on that. I am going to fast and needed housing. :)

Gishnak

Smash Ace
u copied off my thread lol
I don’t think Hylian copied off your thread. I think he was posting because he had placed well in several large tournaments, but had never gotten first place. After he got first place in one, he posted his thread. In your thread, you announce to everyone that you have won a tournament (as far as I am concerned, you have not placed in a tournament previously, or you haven’t posted about it). Also, the timing of the tournaments was most likely coincidence.

Lastly, I understand you were joking, but the only reason I made the distinction is because Hylian seems to be sharing his success with us, whereas you seem to be boasting.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don’t think Hylian copied off your thread. I think he was posting because he had placed well in several large tournaments, but had never gotten first place. After he got first place in one, he posted his thread. In your thread, you announce to everyone that you have won a tournament (as far as I am concerned, you have not placed in a tournament previously, or you haven’t posted about it). Also, the timing of the tournaments was most likely coincidence.

Lastly, I understand you were joking, but the only reason I made the distinction is because Hylian seems to be sharing his success with us, whereas you seem to be boasting.
This ^_^. These boards have helped me, and I keep improving ^_^. Cosmo giving me advice on what I was doing predictably really got me thinking about my playstyle, and things I could do for the better.

Thanks guys ^_^.

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
why do I still not have vids :(

I need a good game and watch to watch (>_>)

napZzz

Smash Hero
he did'nt copy you, he was responding to your thread basically saying he can win bigger better tournaments and he is better than you I'm guessing is implied

chubas

Smash Apprentice
Congrats, I wait for your videos too. It's nice to see GAW kick some snake's arses once in a while...

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Hylian, are you interested in getting on some chat client and discuss some tactics? I feel like I'm pretty knowledgeable about g&w, but I lack knowledge when it comes to how to play many characters (My friend only plays a few characters well). I would be interested in sharing what works for me because I don't have a capture device as of yet (working on it), but it would be cool to hear your explanations/ideas behind your game play.

If anyone wants to discuss the metagame between Marth and G&W, please feel free to pm me or something. I feel like I know almost everything about that match up.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I think someone should host a trainee / tutor thing. Obviously, someone with sufficient skill would play a few matches on wifi, providing the lag is manageable, with someone looking for some input on their play style with G&W, and the tutor would maybe give them tips, maybe help with matchups?

I think this would be really cool to implement.

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Haha, that's an interesting idea Mr. Escalator. Because G&W is relatively straight-forward to play, I think this would be effective as well. Unfortunately, how could the players communicate? Obviously the taunting isn't sufficient... Perhaps some type of Skype setup?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
A client would definitely be something both the tutor and the trainee would want to look into. Skype, maybe the messengers, or even PM's if all else is inconvenient. Chatting in between matches is ideal, but private messaging could be viable enough if they're clear enough in their messages.

Comment taunting could probably find uses too. Be it simple "Brb" messages or something like "check what I sent", they could be set for various things. Some might want to communicate during a battle, and let the other see what they sent to work on/try, while the rest may just want to go through the whole battle and talk afterwards.

A time limit could be set for Replays if the trainee is interested.

I think this would help the G&W community a lot. Anyone with helpful feedback and just some general knowledge of G&W could be a tutor. I'm fine with multiples ;D

I'd probably want to be a trainee, first. I would be a tutor if we really had a shortage of them, but I want to explore G&W a bit more first.

Would anyone else be interested?

Top Bottom