• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So who else hates Spear Head?

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
It's one of my least favorite stages. The effects are beyond fun, they're very irritating. (especially the reversed controls effects...SMG was bad enough sometimes, I don't need it in SSBB too!)

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I personally love the flavor and idea of the stage, but hate playing a serious match on it. I'm sure the sentiment has been rehashed a dozen times, but I think the stage is one of the neatest looking ones and probably has one of the best atmospheres in the game, but it's just terrible to try to fight on.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Am I the only one who thinks that the screen flip and upside-down effects are the coolest thing about this stage? C'mon! That's awesome. Not like... when it happens the first time, but after you understand what it's doing it's so fun.

It's like if Psycho-Mantis had a stage...

I love the physics altering effects. That makes the level for me. The stage's layout and the beam attacks could be completely changed or removed and I probably wouldn't feel any different about the level.

ReenK

Smash Rookie
Spear Pillar's my favorite. I hate Cresselia though. She's annoying. It's awesome when ya KO someone when the stage is upside down and the controls are flipped, and everyone else is all confused. xD

I still don't know what Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf do though. Do they just fly around? Or do they actually do something?

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
No Johns... This stage is ok, but I keep trying to keep myself from calling "that's not fair" when I lose because the stage goes haywire.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Spear Pillar is my favorite stage by far when I'm playing for fun. The stage turning upside down and stuff is exiting to me. But I hate the boomerangs...

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't be prefrence, would it? I hate everything about the stage: be it the music, color, the appearing Pokemon, the layout, everything. I guess that makes me "ZOMG TOURNEY***". People that don't enjoy "zany stages where the stage attacks you more than your opponent" are just people who only like Final D, huh?

Please, casually remove your head from your ***.
Late response, but...

No need to be so presumptuous. I never said everybody has to like "zany" stages, or that if they don't they're flatlovers. What I said was that I don't like it when people use "tournament logic" to decry a stage in a discussion that is not tournament based. If you don't like the stage for personal preferential reasons, fine - there's nothing wrong with that. Just use that in your explaination instead of "it's not tournament neutral, therefore it sucks."

disguy

Smash Cadet
Me and my friends actually enjoy playing on this stage. First time the stage and controls got flipped, we both used our up b in the opposite direction and killed ourselves at the sides of the stage haha. And when the staged went upside we were all crackin up like wtf just happened. Fun stage...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I love when Dialga appears. I like the part when he slows down the time, lol. And the part that he just walks out, attacks you, then go back to his post. That stage is awesome. XD

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
I love that place just because of the tunnel. And the stage tilting. (not flipping, or flipped controls.) And the crumbling. Basically, I everything about it except those two things. It's one of the more fun, but not super gimmicky (ok, in a way, it is.) stages.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
It definitly turned my world upside down, (haha) the first time I played and the stage flipped.

abgar

Smash Apprentice
Why does every other poke'mon stage have some gay gimmick to it? I would like to play on Spear Pillar more often if the controls wouldn't get reversed without any warning whatsoever.

then keep loading it until you get cresselia

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
I enjoy Spear Pillar muchly, to the dismay of my friends. You just have to make sure you're on your 'A' game ;P

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Spear Pillar sure is rather unique. I've even figured out what the three Pokemon tend to do.

Dialga: Slow down time, attack directly, use Roar of Time, rotate the stage at a slight angle, destroy parts of the upper level

Palkia: Reduce gravity, use Spacial Rend, rotate the stage (some cases 180 degrees), reverse Control Stick controls, destroy parts of the upper level

Cresselia: Fire multiple Psycho Cuts or just one

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
Spear Pillar sure is rather unique. I've even figured out what the three Pokemon tend to do.

Dialga: Slow down time, attack directly, use Roar of Time, rotate the stage at a slight angle, destroy parts of the upper level

Palkia: Reduce gravity, use Spacial Rend, rotate the stage (some cases 180 degrees), reverse Control Stick controls, destroy parts of the upper level

Cresselia: Fire multiple Psycho Cuts or just one
You are correct, sir! and for the record, the spacial rend and roar of time (the big beam attacks) are exactly the same... right?

Top Bottom