• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So... When will we get the demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
Sonic and mario olympics for 3ds did and didn't skyward sword get one too?
Skyward Sword had an in-store demo, not a downloadable one. And most of us are agreed that Smash 3DS will have an in-store demo.

Mario and Sonic 3DS was developed by Sega. Nintendo only published it. It isn't a precedent for what Nintendo will do with their own games.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Skyward Sword had an in-store demo, not a downloadable one. And most of us are agreed that Smash 3DS will have an in-store demo.

Mario and Sonic 3DS was developed by Sega. Nintendo only published it. It isn't a precedent for what Nintendo will do with their own games.
Mario and luigi dream team and mario golf.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
Just throwing out there that, at least to my understanding, the entire comicon thing was just for people waiting in a line to play the demo. An employee would walk over to you, and monitor you while you played a demo of the game. Kinda like the lines for Smash-Fest.

Booster

Smash Lord
You would think the demo would be out by now, considering Demos usually help to sell games. But nope, make it exclusive to Best Buy. What kind of asshole would drive down to a Best Buy (Which claims to have the best deals but is usually sold out of those good deals like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy for $20) just to play a Smash demo?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
well you have to adjust the timezones and stuff properly and even then it's only in-store demos if I heard correctly.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You would think the demo would be out by now, considering Demos usually help to sell games. But nope, make it exclusive to Best Buy. What kind of ******* would drive down to a Best Buy (Which claims to have the best deals but is usually sold out of those good deals like Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy for $20) just to play a Smash demo?
I drove to a Best Buy. Wasn't that bad. I'm not really sure how them selling out of a really good deal has anything to do with their ability to host a demo.

Besides, demos have also hurt sales in the past, too, and they require extra man hours, thus extra money and time. Yeah, I'd like a demo, but it's hardly something a publisher is required to do, by any means.

People seem to forget that the game will be out in less than a month. Relax. You'll forget a demo did or didn't ever exist by then.

Roarzcorp

Smash Cadet
It would be sorta logical to bring a 3ds demo. This game has not been released on a handheld before. The biggest doubt people may have is 'does it work well on such a small screen?' If they are confident about the product a demo would be logical. Besides this point, they already have a demo out now plus this game is easy to make a demo of in the first place.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Guys, a demo is not gonna happen stop grasping the straws
We're about to get one on Friday. Was hoping I could get to use sonic and little mac and some others but hey, atleast megaman and villager are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom