• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U So what happens when you don't update Smash Bros. Wii U?

D

Deleted member

SSBWiiU launched with a day one patch, and if I recall correctly, was the balance patch along with other things I'm probably unaware of.

As a disclaimer, if you have already updated your Wii U there is no possible way to play the game without the update as unlike the 3DS, the game will not operate without the latest update. I do not know what happens if you delete your save file, but with how tedious it is to unlock things in this game I'm not about to do that and I'm sure no one else is because it would be silly to do so for the majority of players.

So I have a few questions if anyone knows the answer to I'd appreciate it.

1. Does SSBWiiU have the same AI without the patch? or does it have AI similar to how SSB3DS initially was?
2. Does deleting your save file allow you to play the game unpatched?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Deleting your game data will not remove the update data. They're separate contents, which won't affect each other. However, if you delete the update data, you might not be allowed to access your game data until the update is reinstalled.

In Smash 3DS, if you access your game data after updating to 1.0.4, you "have" to have that update installed, or else you can't use your game data, and would be forced to play a new game that never saves. Once the update is reinstalled, however, you can access your game data again.

FierceDeityKun-

Smash Rookie
In other Games you cant play the Game before Updating the Game.Once i tried to Play the game without Updating the Game but it didn`t work.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In other Games you cant play the Game before Updating the Game.Once i tried to Play the game without Updating the Game but it didn`t work.
It should also be noted that the eShop version of Smash Wii U "requires" the update data, since it's a game that you could pre-purchase; pre-purchased games can't be played without their respective update data, which is only installed on the date of release.

Retail copies of Smash Wii U can be played without needing the update data, but if you save any replays before installing the updates, they'll be rendered unplayable afterwards.

D

Deleted member

Deleting your game data will not remove the update data. They're separate contents, which won't affect each other. However, if you delete the update data, you might not be allowed to access your game data until the update is reinstalled.
Yeah, I'm more-so curious what happens when you delete the save-data along side the update data.

Top Bottom