• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SO...u've jabbed ur opponent = O

boss8

Smash Hero
SO u've jabbed ur opponent huh??

breakin it down situational wise and what to do right now wise xD

This thread is to note what to do in certain situations...now dont get me wrong,you can do any of these things in ANY situation...but IMO i think these work best.

NOTE: these are after u've landed a jab

Anytime any percent

- Walk away (my favorite)
- Wait
- finish the jab combo
- double jab and wait
- jab grab (uber pro right here)
- double jab grab (u got balls?)

20%-50%

- jab reverse foxtrot reverse Fsmash
- jab reverse foxtrot reverse usmash
- jab reverse foxtrot reverse jab fireball
- jab run past opponent and wait
- jab run past opponent usmash
- jab pivot grab
- jab run past opponent pivot grab
- double jab wait
- jab Dsmash (DI dependent or character dependent)

situational

-are u camping >yes?> see 20% through 50% layout
-are u being pressured?>no?>good comtinue camping>yes?>nado out and/or jab grab
-are they approaching?>no? continue camping refrences ANYTIME ANY PERCENT>yes? nado out and continue refrences 20% through 50%
-feeling confident?>yes?>chill and wait for it to come to you
-you have the lead?>no?>continue turtling with fireballs>yes? good thats right where you want to be

50%-100%
-reverse pivot Fsmashes (scare ur opponent)
-space bairs(legit tactic)
-nado (only in safe or situational situations) <-----LOL
-jab>Dtilt(surprisingly catches people pff guard) best used as a surprise attack
Fact-Dtilt is frame 2

anything else?>refer to situations and/or 20% through 50%

100%-150%

-bthrow
-jab walk past taunt (LOL) just for the LAWLS
-utilt( aka the back scratcher)

VIDS-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hffBbhUN77o 4:20 through 4:25 (situation 50%-100%) jab dtilt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jJeiFW3iM&feature=related (situation anytime any percent) WAIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJUrFoOZpc&feature=related 1:52 through 2:09(anytime situations with 50%-100% added)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltHjX9Y_a0Y 1:22 through 1:30 (ANYTIME percent situation) xD i love u YOSHQ

NOTE: please send me ur vids so i can post what most of u guys do in certain situations...

besdies where all wigi's and we ****....

NOTE:if u hate on the thread its fine i love u to ^_-b

for more info on jabs-http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199907&highlight=unblockable+jab+data

turtling-http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=286844

I LOVE U ALL ^_^b

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Nice stuff boss. I have used some of these in some situations. But i dont think that i have ever been in a situational situation lol. But when it happens, some mad stuff is going to go down lol.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I landed a jab -> dtilt -> UpB last weekend, it was pretty sexy.

Also boss are you going to gametable or w/e this weekend? I'm trying to catch a ride down there :D

TheMann

Smash Ace
Jab spot dodge can work sometimes too. Other than that I don't seen what u could have missed bro. XD

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
But why would you want to spotdodge out of a jab when you already have frame advantage?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I have two silly questions-

Do the jabs where you wait/run away need to be cancelled?

Does "double jab" mean J1 to J2, or just J1 to J1?

BigLøu

Smash Lord
lol. The only character I can see it work on is snake because of his sluggish up b.

Unfortunately he super armors through it :(

TheMann

Smash Ace
But why would you want to spotdodge out of a jab when you already have frame advantage?
I'm all late. But yeah its a mindgame. Like some people I played will mash out jabs or another attack after ur jab. If u think they are going to do this, spotdodge to Up + B. Like I said earlier its rare but works.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm all late. But yeah its a mindgame. Like some people I played will mash out jabs or another attack after ur jab. If u think they are going to do this, spotdodge to Up + B. Like I said earlier its rare but works.
But if you're in range to upb out of spotdodge, then you might as well jab upb, and just get the upb without taking the completely unnecessary risk of reading an opponent attack.

The whole point of spotdodging next to someone, as opposed to using another method of avoid their attack is to get frame advantage so you can utilise Luigi's good boxing game. So if you've already jabbed your opponent, you already have frame advantage, and you're already boxing. If anything, all spotdodging does is provide them an unnecessary window for them to escape, or punish you.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Sometimes the up+b will clank with the attack the opponent uses depending on character IIRC, like snakes tilts so if you go straight to up+ b you'll get *****. Thats why RARELY I'll spotdodge from jab. I'm not even saying its a good thing to do just an option.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I agree with TheMann that it works SOMETIMES but eh... imo there are better options..

question: wtf do I do about MK's that buffer Dsmash? my friend buffers D smash so I can't follow up after a jab sometimes ;-;.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
I agree with TheMann that it works SOMETIMES but eh... imo there are better options..

question: wtf do I do about MK's that buffer Dsmash? my friend buffers D smash so I can't follow up after a jab sometimes ;-;.

another option is jab cancel>jab cancel>til they DI or roll away then you walk away then repeat dont go for the jab upb all fast i hav seen alot of weegees die that way. this is wat i say dont rely on upb its just another option from your arsenal think of upb as a unexpected way of killing ur opponent and if he buffers a dsmash then block or if your gutsy spot dodge then walk up to them wait for the spot dodge then upb i've done that number lots of times. try it out.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
another option is jab cancel>jab cancel>til they DI or roll away then you walk away then repeat dont go for the jab upb all fast i hav seen alot of weegees die that way. this is wat i say dont rely on upb its just another option from your arsenal think of upb as a unexpected way of killing ur opponent and if he buffers a dsmash then block or if your gutsy spot dodge then walk up to them wait for the spot dodge then upb i've done that number lots of times. try it out.
Oh I'm gutsy alright lol. I am the type to do something like that xD... but then if they sheild it gets annoying cuz I'm waiting for the spotdodge and they grab me b4 I react to their sheild lol... so its all a test of reaction

yoshq

Smash Master
jband mk shouldnt be able to buffer dsmash through your jab combo, jab grab, jab upb, or jab dsmash i dont think. maybe even some other jab options

Top Bottom