• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So....um....Hi, Seattle!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Hello, My name is in the user over there, though my real name is Dion. I came up to here because I chose to try and pursue my goal to get a job in the game industry, which is quite cool. Only catch is that I don't have places to stay at, which results in me sometimes having to stay up overnight at a Subway. which is kinda bad, but hey I get in Hostels sometimes, so it's something. Also I was at a fishing company for 3 months, so yeah, kinda chose to stay here cause of that.

Anyway, after a brief run in with Mango at GameWorks(and fighting to suppress my inner fanboy) I was told that the Seattle scene was quite large and friendly, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to ever hang out and play a few games, perhaps also keep me in check of any tournies nearby(I'm still pissed about missing the tournament at Friday's PAX.) I would also probably mention having a place to chill and spend a night at, but would just mke me a rude selfish tart so let's focus on the games for now.

Also, I need to get a new controller, so I gotta remember where the hell that retro game shop was again. anyway, If anyone ever wants to hang out, just PM me or post on the topic here or something(if it isn't locked, anyway.) oh and if you ever see me in person I'll be that black kid with a blue hat and a huge ass backpack if it helps.

here's hoping I'm welcome with open arms here, because I may grow to like this city :)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Not sure how many of us patrol the regional forums; it's much easier to get a good number of responses from Smashers via facebook nowadays (; Here's the Official WA Melee group page! Tournaments are often linked/shared between that page and other local washingtonian groups (I'm sure there's one for Seattle's scene somewhere...), so that's probably the easiest way to keep informed. Speaking of which, there's actually a tournament being held this Saturday (September 6th) - GameClucks Monthly, in Lynnwood. It's a bit of a drive, but it's probably the most frequent tournament in our area that attracts a good number of entrants. People post on the page asking for rides from Seattle and elsewhere all the time, if you can't have one available.

But yeah man, that sounds rough ): idk if anyone would be open to housing you for a while, but it's not unusual or unheard of (pretty common actually) for smash pros getting to stay a night at someone's place. I'm sure the same happens for us no-names to an extent though, since they have no real impression of us or how we may be, but it's worth a shot. Either way, best of luck landing a promotion or other job with better pay or something though! Lemme know if you're headed to GC monthly, would love to catch some games with you before I head back to College

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Heh, came to this forum cause I'm thinking of moving to Seattle soon and wanted to gauge the scene...

Does anyone know about Seattle Project M? Are there frequent tournaments in the Seattle area or am I better going to OR, CA, or Vancouver?

Last edited:

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Heh, came to this forum cause I'm thinking of moving to Seattle soon and wanted to gauge the scene...

Does anyone know about Seattle Project M? Are there frequent tournaments in the Seattle area or am I better going to OR, CA, or Vancouver?
Melee and PM are featured regularly in most tournies afaik, at least all the ones I go to frequently.

EDIT: also idk about Seattle specifically, but as I mentioned GC holds monthlies and weeklies, and is a 20-30min drive from Seattle (usually at least 2-4 on our PR show up, including SilentWolf and BladeWise as regulars). OR's scene isn't very prominent from what I've heard; their top player Eggz comes to WA for tournies regularly. CA has the biggest scenes by far on the west coast, NorCal and SoCal rivalries and all. But you will still find smash players in just about any city in WA...I just don't know how frequently Seattlites meet up for fests or small tournies

Last edited:

MS DOS

Smash Rookie
I believe University of Washington has events every Tuesday, they have a Facebook page too.
Most of the tourneys I've been able to find have been in cities outside of Seattle, in Renton, Lynwood, Redmond etc.
If anyone knows about some weekly/monthly events in Seattle, that would be cool, because I've been looking for a long time, lmao.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So I went to the GameClucks today, after finding a bus route.

Got my ass handed to me a lot, but I think that's kind of the point-I gotta keep playing to get better and all that, yeah?

anyways, hopefully I see you lot next week than.

Last edited:

MS DOS

Smash Rookie
Nice! Were you playing Melee or PM? Usually the fests are pretty lacking in PM, so friendlies are usually pretty hard to come by.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Nice! Were you playing Melee or PM? Usually the fests are pretty lacking in PM, so friendlies are usually pretty hard to come by.
From when I went to on Monday, there was an even amount of play for both. I get what you mean tho, since I went to a UW Smash Club meeting and it was all Melee today...not like that's a bad thing, lol.

Top Bottom