• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, Smashers, you like the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maki

Smash Rookie
-Do you feel the game is really rewarding for a defensive play style?

Yes. Approach options are very bad and often leaves you at a frame disvantage if you don't hit.

-Do you prefer this game over Brawl?

I despised Meta Knight, but without him I felt the game was more enjoyable than Smash 4. Mostly because of the little tech skill the game still had.

-Do you like the pace of the game?

No. Stocks lasts too long, too much idle time due to anything you do sending the opponent far enough for them to recover from hitstun, but never killing them. Too much time pursuing people. Comebacks only happen in the artificial form of rage (ie getting killed at 90% by someone at 160% in a stray fsmash).

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
-Do you feel the game is really rewarding for a defensive play style?
Yes. Not as much as Brawl, though. The amount of reflectors, counters, absorbs, wtf is Villager doing, etc really nerfs camping overall. And then projectiles themselves seem to be generally weaker (except for "gunner" type characters, of course)

-Do you prefer this game over Brawl?
Heavily so.
It may not be my favorite Smash game, I dunno.

-Do you like the pace of the game?
Yes and no. Actual combat pace is fine, even against defensive characters. But the blast zones are too large, as others have pointed out. And far too many characters have amazing recoveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom